What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most?

What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most/is most detrimental to the overall game?

• The Lag and the Bugs.

• The Pricing and Costs. (too expensive)

• The inventory management (too annoying)

• The Customer Service from SSG (lacking/too slow/inconsiserate)

• The Grind (waaay too grindy)

• Developers not listening to players enough

• Not enough raid/quest variety/development

• The Nerfs

• Not enough things to do at cap

• None. DDO is fine as-is.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Holy tamoley's Batman, just realized Inventory Management is neck and neck with Lag and Bugs.

The Narc

Huge thanks to all of the D&D Gods and Deities that DDO doesn't have this sort of 💩!
Yeah there are too many failed everquesters that come here trying to be the top of the heap because they couldnt cut it in Everquest and then they try and change this game into some form of everquest when they are here.

Please just go back to everquest and keep trying to prove your not so uberness with some honorary trophy that you got carried to achieve.

nenetteblackmoor

When you bring up EverQuest in DDO, there's always someone who inevitably gets allergic reactions, right? :)

Still regret not being able to get the Fiery Avenger first in the world due to guild-imposed local rules preventing entry into the raid area.

It's not a bad thing to incorporate excellence.

The Narc

When you bring up EverQuest in DDO, there's always someone who inevitably gets allergic reactions, right? :)

Still regret not being able to get the Fiery Avenger first in the world due to guild-imposed local rules preventing entry into the raid area.

It's not a bad thing to incorporate excellence.
Excuses excuses! 😉

nenetteblackmoor

Excuses excuses! 😉
So what? How does that relate to pointing out issues with DDO?

The method of obtaining items in DDO lacks drama. It's just opening boxes and getting them.
While the Dull Dagger is implemented through a unique update method, it lacks any dramatic element and visually appears weak as it seems like something you could find lying around.

For munchkins, things like drama and background setting might not matter though.
If you can't understand the difference between referencing EverQuest and using it as an example to point out issues with DDO, then feel free to keep nitpicking.

Last edited:

The Narc

DDO is a thousand times better than everquest, and i dont want failed everquest players coming here to try and make DDO a second version of everquest, the further we stay from everquest the better.

That is my point, others may feel different.

nenetteblackmoor

DDO is a thousand times better than everquest, and i dont want failed everquest players coming here to try and make DDO a second version of everquest, the further we stay from everquest the better.

lol
There are strengths and weaknesses in both.
If we can't objectively assess and have a more specific conversation without just triggering allergies, let's just stop.

"What a hassle of a forum if you can't even bring up well-known stories as examples."

Frieling Slyhand

Hate isn’t the right word: annoying is. I chose inventory management but what I really find most annoying are chains and quests that are flag gated. It is unnecessary and is another obstacle to grouping.

Col Kurtz

i'd love some of th ebetter aspects of the old Conan mmo to be in DDO.

all sorts of tiny quick missions as you run into NPC's that tie into the local or main storyline + those cool azz melee combos + the small armies of summoned monsters

cdbd3rd

all sorts of tiny quick missions as you run into NPC's that tie into the local or main storyline + those cool azz melee combos + the small armies of summoned monsters

The "body dimensions" sliders? :D

(I never played Conan, but watched some character generation YT vids...)

On topic: I'd poke one of the choices above, but "Reward Track" isn't on the list. :p

Fizban

Hate is such a strong word and as a result I voted DDO is fine the way it is.

I might have said "What about DDO do you see that needs to be the focus for improvement?".

The Narc

Have never seen or played Conan, but as long as it remains a live action game its all good.

The more CC we add to DDO the sleepier it gets and everquest is all about that snoozefest.

Col Kurtz

Have never seen or played Conan, but as long as it remains a live action game its all good.

The more CC we add to DDO the sleepier it gets and everquest is all about that snoozefest.
i bailed on Conan long ago, because time issues(its lvl80 to cap and some of the dungeons w the best stuff really cant be solo'd)

but imagine, instead of silly explorer notes...there were NPC's with short 5-15 minute quests in the slayer areas..with nearby objectives and daily rewards for completing a few of them. Unique named mini bosses w a small mob usually and/or exploration based treasure hunts

The Narc

Hate is such a strong word and as a result I voted DDO is fine the way it is.

I might have said "What about DDO do you see that needs to be the focus for improvement?".
Good call!

I think DDO should focus on its live action play, minimize CC effects and become as far as possible away from the snoozefest that is Everquest.

Please dont torture us with turn based combat such as everquest, example;

Okay guys here we go says leader;

Okay player 1 tap your #3 key
Player 2 now tap your #4 key
Players 3-5 now tap your main attack key
Players 6-8 heal if needed player 3-5
Player 9 tap your #3 key (same CC as player 1)
Player 10 mimic player 2
Players 3-5 again
Players 6-8 again

Step and repeat (ZZZZZZZZ……..)

Ok great guys we won now we have gear to do the next hardest thing, congratz on your honorary gear, this is what an MMO should always be about, vomit!!! 🤮

We are already close enough to this lameness in R10, but it is fine to let that be if it means whales spending cash, but soon as the cash stops flowing from them change the landscape.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
Hate isn’t the right word: annoying is. I chose inventory management but what I really find most annoying are chains and quests that are flag gated. It is unnecessary and is another obstacle to grouping.
Flagging for quests is not just anannoying as an obstacle to grouping. I find it annoying as a solo players too. For example, if you need to farm an item in the second Sharn chain, you have to complete the whole first chain.

PraetorPlato

Most of my pet peeves aren't on the list.

My top one is that there are WAY too many mediocre builds. Each enhancement tree and epic destiny should be able to make a fun and capable build. There's too much disparity.
I think every enhancement tree and epic destiny with the exception of Ninja Spy (*terrible* t5s) and Harper have solid options for fun, capable builds throughout 95% of content.

Which ones are you thinking of?

CherryBomb

Not on your list. The game is aging. Unfortunately, people like the new and shiny and tend to shun the old and familiar. There is a steady loss of player base. That thing that is required to sustain the continuation of the enterprise.

Runner up - I have always hated the way that players get "held" or otherwise incapacitated while mobs are free to pulverize the player to snot.