What the heck is on my screen

SiliconScout

It's been a hot topic for over a month :D
Probably, I wasn't here a month ago ... like at all. As I said I have been away quite a while. In all honesty I had more or less walked away from the game entirely over a year ago with some very VERY occasional pokes in the boards but thought I might like a little nostalgia hit.

I didn't see any posts on it and for all I knew it was introduced a year ago so I asked. I mean let's be honest the UI is so out of place with the rest of it that I honestly wondered if it was even meant to be there so I asked.

Indyanna

Move the hideous charge bar to somewhere you won't notice it as much, pretty sure they won't be changing it any time soon

Tumbling is also now like a bad habit I cant stop doing, even when it's totally unnecessary... so there's that lol

dur

aka Cybersquirt
SSG ruined tumble and left us a gross box with green lights to remind us how few tumbles we're allowed (when we aren't hopping because we're out of tumble charges).
It's worse, actually: You're stuck in place when out of charges..

ETA: Anyone not playing on Lama missed the party.. 😡

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
It's worse, actually: You're stuck in place when out of charges..

ETA: Anyone not playing on Lama missed the party.. 😡
Even worse than that.

Even if you have no tumble at all (and thus should, in theory not be affected at all) you are stuck in place when you are out of tumble charges..

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
Whats really messed up is you penalized and forced into this new tumble system of charges, even if not experimentally Tumbling! AND SSG PLEASE TURN it to being checked on by DEFAULT since you force the charge system upon us all even those NOT EXPERIMENTALLY TUMBLING aka abeing able to continue moving forward after and before tumbling where as the default tumbling you must hit SHIFT key first then a move direction before tumbling.

giphy.gif

New Improvements to Tumbling!!!

dunklezhan

I have, essentially, stopped tumbling now. A 1 sec buff is not remotely long enough to time anything when you're playing DDO from the other side of the atlantic. By the time you think 'oh heck I better dodge out the way those incoming hits are already locked in. Its a good idea in theory, but it needs to be at least a 3 second buff.

Archaic

I have, essentially, stopped tumbling now. A 1 sec buff is not remotely long enough to time anything when you're playing DDO from the other side of the atlantic. By the time you think 'oh heck I better dodge out the way those incoming hits are already locked in. Its a good idea in theory, but it needs to be at least a 3 second buff.
Exactly, a one second buff is more live action...making the tumble changes counter intuitive as live action demands fluid movement.