What's the "best" element for Dragon Lord?

paddymaxson

I'd have thought Acid in a sort of anecdotal way where I've always considered acid the best element of the standard 5 - fewest mobs with immunity to it as far as I recall, but as Dragon Lord also gets defenses of that element I was wondering what the opinions are on it given that?

DBZ

It gives stripping do you use magma procs or

Acid doesn't need stripping fire n ice do

droid327

I'd say Acid, since it doesnt have a lot of immunes to begin with (so you wont have to bother Sundering them every 10s) and it will align with your stacking Acid proc on Dbone weapons for mobs that are immune (suck it clay golems). Also Acid damage tends to come as DOTs (ie Soul of Cruelty champs) and those get reduced by your full protection every tick

paddymaxson

Something to chew on I guess, for some reason I thought the immunity strip had been removed but I was misrevemembering. I suppose it's not even the end of the world as it's changeable though enhancements too.

Reactions: DBZ

Lazuli

With the immunity bypass the element does not matter, so the one that best matches your equipment. If your weapons do elemental damage or you have some dot in your equipment, matching with that can be a good idea, as droid says.

FuzzyDuck81

I'm probably going to go with lightning on the character I'm LRing into it because he has Tail of Suulomades & Outburst, so it should be pretty fun.

droid327

It's a shame that the devs give a bypass to a melee and not the warlock, who needs it much more.
Insult to injury, they didnt give Shadow as an option for Dlord. ES Melee Abyss lock could have definitely leveraged that option, 15 Lock 5 Dlord for undead form and aura with +2 mult for Falchions. Or melee Apostate, being able to use Mass Inflict and Harm more reliably.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
This on so many levels it is not even funny. Not funny at all. How the F, with a capital F, do they give a MELEE class, element immunity bypass but have not figured out the Warlock dilemma?!?
You assume the developers play this game to any level above heroic hard or have knowledge about a range of classes.

So many changes prove they don't have a clue about some classes (runearms come to mind)

Kheledon

I'd have thought Acid in a sort of anecdotal way where I've always considered acid the best element of the standard 5 - fewest mobs with immunity to it as far as I recall, but as Dragon Lord also gets defenses of that element I was wondering what the opinions are on it given that?
Clay golems--otherwise, nothing that I fight regularly. I agree. Acid is best. Plus, black is cool.

Lazuli

Clay golems--otherwise, nothing that I fight regularly. I agree. Acid is best. Plus, black is cool.
Abishais are immune to acid and are quite abundant. Yugoloth are immune too. Thrasaak hounds. Shroud spiders. Evil eyes too!... and more monsters.

Acid has less immunities than other elements, but they are not few!

Last edited:

Scrag

I am planning on going fire for the resists, and also because i have demon engine which pumps out some nice fire, especially paired with ignition.

HoopleHead

That's because Warlock is a trash class and must be punished >:(

People need to stop fooling themselves.. Locks were gods among men for a good 18 months... and then they got nerfed.....
... again...
.. and again...
... and AGAIN...
:cry:😤😡🤬😭

... now they are the red-headed step-child of DDO

Kheledon

Abishais are immune to acid and are quite abundant. Yugoloth are immune too. Thrasaak hounds. Should spiders. Evil eyes too!... and more monsters.

Acid has less immunities than other elements, but they are not few!
True. True. I am so used to chain-zapping black abashais that I forget that they're immune to acid. The blue ones give me pause, but you're right. These beasties are plentiful.

Ethril

It gives stripping do you use magma procs or

Acid doesn't need stripping fire n ice do
Where are you seeing that it strips immunity? I didn't see that in the release notes or on the wiki, but it's possible I just missed it in there somewhere.