What's wrong with Arcane Tempest (spell)?

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I'd love to know what spells those are! That sounds like a bug!
These are my notes on the issue, aggregated from various reports. Please note I've never personally tested them:

Meteor Swarm, Thorn Bloom, Shadowblade and all Alchemist Multivials become bugged if you right-click enable Quicken on them (either they straight up whiff, or they fire less projectiles than intended).

Last edited:

Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

I can't remember if thornbloom was fixed. Thornbloom IIRC was created based on EBURST and this is a very old bug from EBURST where the animation would cancel the cast or something if the animation went off too quick. I suppose it is because EBURST required you to stand still or something? Maybe I'm off.

@The Blonde has listed the ones I remember.
@Tonquin

Altra

These are my notes on the issue, aggregated from various reports. Please note I've never personally tested them:

Thorn Bloom, Meteor Swarm, Shadowblade (and maybe other spells too) deal 0 damage if you right-click-enable-Quicken on them, but work fine if you have Quicken on in general.
I was gonna bring that up. Thanks!

Smokewolf

Nothings wrong with AT... People saying it is, shouldn't be surprised when the Dev's mess with it, making it worthless.

Saaluta

Founder and altogether cool gamer gurl
This is why I stopped using quicken feat, too many spells(mostly AOE) getting interrupted and costing me SP and putting them on timer anyway :)

Saal :)

HoopleHead

Many spells seem to suffer from soft targetting issues (looking at you Acid Well & Meteor Swarm)!
Oh yeah? Well I'm looking at Evard's Black Tentacles.. trying to self target that spell to deal with mob agro can be a gamble... sometimes it just WILL NOT cast where you want it to, despite selecting/targeting yourself and PoVing your shoes...

Seigebrisbane

This is why I stopped using quicken feat, too many spells(mostly AOE) getting interrupted and costing me SP and putting them on timer anyway :)

Saal :)
Ive had many AT fails, I dont leave quicken on all the time because at my lvl I cant afford the SP, but I turn it on by right clicking AT because AT takes forever to cast compared to most spells, I do this for ressurection, ottos dancing sphere, ect. Sometimes I flip on all metamagics for an end fight, and I use meteor swarm and have seen weird things with it as well. oof. not great news lol

DBZ

Usually easier to turn quiken on globally then turn it off manually for certain spells or meteors and multi vials brake

Seigebrisbane

Usually easier to turn quiken on globally then turn it off manually for certain spells or meteors and multi vials brake
well I never turn it off manually for certain spells, if its set on a certain spell it remains that way always. then the global is switched to chose to turn it on for everything or off, but the few spells like ressurection/AT/MS stay quickend

DBZ

If its not on globally it brakes meteors and multivials u get less missiles per cast it will not work on those 2

Speed

On failed concentration check you would have big red text "casting failed" (or something like that).
Quicken (and possibly some other metamagic, except maximize and empower) may not work if you set it with "always use: on" (or something like that part 2) instead of using general toggle.
In most cases the thing is that slower spells (especially aoe) will not cast if you are not facing your target anymore (especially when enemy moved left/right too much at close range, because your facing sight is like triangle) or there is object on straight line between you two (even if it was not at the beginning of casting).
Additionally, various statuses may prevent you temporarily from casting (anti magic, silenced, ability damage, negative level) or even interrupt it (trip, held).

Hard target with right mouse button or "next target" key instead of soft auto target or mouse pointing, otherwise many spells (especially slow to cast or aoe) will not land where you want (sometimes because moving target has lost selection for even very short moment when probably code was checking for it).
Keep your camera at proper height by aiming on torso, so not too low (may hit ground in close range) and not too high (may hit somewhere far away).

Above tips should help you handle most problematic spells in general on various classes.
After some practice you will do it automatically with continuous success.

Reactions: DBZ

Mokune

I'd love to know what spells those are! That sounds like a bug!
I use Quicken nearly 100% of the time and noticed Thorn Bloom for sure fails A LOT. Also, Eldritch Burst and Spirit Blast fail to do any damage (but the animation and CD work) if used immediately after casting Consume or Stricken. This is also with Quicken on and the bursts fail 100% of the time unless you jump, swing a weapon or do something else after using these. It has been this way since Warlock was released and ranges from super freaking annoying to RAGE QUIT ANGER after the way warlock has been GUTTED over the years. Still one of my favs to play but the many nerfs y'all do for "balance" are always heavy handed and punitive to players and enjoyment of the game. It's a PVE game. A cooperative game. Or a solo game for some. Other than HC there is literally NO competition between players for anything to warrant such Draconian Balancing Measures.

Last edited:

Speed

warlock has been GUTTED over the years. Still one of my favs to play but the many nerfs y'all do for "balance" are always heavy handed and punitive to players and enjoyment of the game. It's a PVE game. A cooperative game. Or a solo game for some. Other than HC there is literally NO competition between players for anything to warrant such Draconian Balancing Measures.

I still prefer fair balance between classes in PVE or even single player games.

I felt too powerful when played Warlock in the past (almost like cheating or easy mode to me, but other classes also had their serious OP time), but bugs should be fixed.

The game should be balanced as possible. Otherwise it will end up as broken chaos.

Last edited: