Whats wrong with some spell targeting (Comet Fall, etc)

Speed

I played spell casters for longer time and finally decided to ask about thing that annoys me most.
Here is example of Comet Fall on Favored Soul, but it happens with some other similar spells too.
I lure group of enemies to me, so they stick close and are not moving around much.
Then I hard select one of enemies in front of me and cast spell like Comet Fall.
I have high concentration and there is no red note like casting failed (they did not even hit me).
Spell point cost was used, cooldown started and casting animation with sound appeared, but spell did not happen.
From my observation, it probably occurs when targeted enemy moved slightly to one of my sides (but is still in close front part of me) after I cast a spell.
If this counts as outside of my vision range (I defenitely would not say that), then this is still area of effect and should continue on last position during successful casting, just like it appear far away even if enemy moved out and is missed.
This never happened with single target spells.
When for some reason enemy can not be reached, then I get special note about it without losing sp and starting cooldown.

Additional note 1: Sometimes, when you are surrounded and jump, then you may end up with forever jump loop on heads of enemies.

Additional note 2: When you move back with Dragonborn breath, then head turns on side and hits in that direction, which is also not desired.

Mokune

"You are not facing XYZ mob" comes across my screen when the exact same situation happens to me while playing a caster.