When is intimidate going to get fixed

Dvinesword

The groups I play and raids with have tested this over and over and it appears Intimidate is not generating the 200 hate per point of intimidate. We just did a test where the tank who has an intimidate of 117. He intimidated the mob. Then i wanted a few seconds and hit it with 1 bolt for 586 points with a -40 hate gen. I immediately had agro. His hate should have been 23400 and mine would be 351. There is no way I should have pulled agro. It has been this way since update 59. It has made things really interesting in raids. The tank has to time using shield toss and intim to try to hold agro

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Also Intimidate does not work when U or the mobs are moving. it is because we play 2-3 sec behind the game and what you see isnt the reality and the mobs arent there whe U hit Intimidate and have to wait CD again. Very annoying.
Intimidate should work like Angelic Form. A constant aura type hate generation. Higher Intimidate value the stronger the aura is.

I posted a link about fixing Angelic Form ueber aggro effect, pls support: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/please-fix-angelic-forms-ueber-aggro-magnet-effect.2023/

Cashery

Tanks should also be swinging to keep that threat up. If he just shield blocking, intim alone will not work as great as it once was. The DPS classes can put out now is substantially higher.

What was his threat gen % modifier?

My tank has a 2200+% mod swinging away.

The tank should know when it is appropriate to shield block. I.e LOB overhead stun.

I haven’t seen any issues with intimidate my self as a tank.

Last edited:

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
As a hate tank, I've seen no issues. My intimidate is almost always followed by multiple cleaves.

To be fair, I've never played a turtle tank.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Tanks should also be swinging to keep that threat up. If he just shield blocking, intim alone will not work as great as it once was. The DPS classes can put out now is substantially higher.

What was his threat gen % modifier?

My tank has a 2200+% mod swinging away.

The tank should know when it is appropriate to shield block. I.e LOB overhead stun.

I haven’t seen any issues with intimidate my self as a tank.
Even if all this is true (and it is), it doesn't explain the issue OP raises in his example.

DBZ

Some of the auras can really mess up aggro like fvs warlocks aura of menace and other things could be going on too

Dvinesword

I fully understand that the tank should be generating hate in other ways and they are. The experiment I referenced was just that an experiment to demonstrate that intimidate was not generating hate. And this is something that needs to be addressed not just worked around.

Yes the tank should be hitting mobs and using cleaves to maintain aggro but if intimidate is not generating hate it makes it hard to pick up additional mobs when needed and will sometimes have trouble grabbing the agro when in raids with high damage toons if not given some time to establish hate.

Also with a limited aoe with cleave and strike through you will have a limited ability to grab and hold aggro from large groups. Especially with some nukers in the party with no threat reduction.

PraetorPlato

Hmm, I'm not sure what to think on this. On one hand, that example seems compelling. On the other, I'm playing a turtle tank alt right now that (even if I did swing) with my threat multiplier and DPS would have literally no hope of holding aggro against anyone (think 500 dps, 1200% threat gen), and I don't normally swing. I can hold aggro on most raid bosses fine, which implies that intim does something to generate hate (...because otherwise, I would lose aggro immediately). I occasionally have issues if somebody is running high dps melee with no threat reduction or in a threat stance, or against ranged dps in sustained fights, but those all make sense assuming that intim is working (ranged DPS does not get enough threat reduce to keep up).

I don't have much an opinion on cleaves, because it's really easy to hold mob aggro with intim alone in content where tanks are useful IMO for questing, and raids there aren't enough mobs to cleave. More hybrid tanks probably have stronger feelings on this.