When will the event end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haagmaar123

This entire thread has gone a bit demented. Folks play whatever style you want, the event only lasts a week and if its really giving you meltdowns find an alternative way to chillout.

Personally I hope SSG does more of this, even marketplace invasions would be welcome though probably unrealistic given it will be expensi
WRONG!!!
Every player has to deal with overpowered thralls.
Thralls that caused me to faceplant on a quest I've soloed hundreds of times.
you died once omg the humanity id just quit permanently

vryxnr

Do I have to roll a level 1 alt to prove that these event Thralls are overpowered?
No. we know you don't like them, and many of use who do not mind them agree that they may be a bit too strong. You making a level 1 character with no gear trying to prove they are too strong will not be taken seriously because we know you have a very strong bias against them.

I can take my high level well geared characters into a quest on hard and let a champ kill me (assuming I turn off my sources of regeneration so I can't heal any damage it does do), that doesn't actually prove anything except that I didn't take it seriously.

Last edited:

Brasidas

You get to GRIND to open up dungeons you can't even play unless you are 34th level
You can play the new dungeons if you are lower than lvl34.
I just took my 1st life pretty much ungeared lvl31 fighter an bunch of hirelings (The feywild muse was the only healer) into the first one (on normal just to see what it was like) and I was never in any danger - it was trivial. The hirelings thought it was easy too!
Of course that doesn't tell me how hard higher difficulties are, but it does show that you can use toons that are less than lvl34 in there.

saekee

long live ROGUE
If I were the devs, I would have done an xp boost during the event and +25% slayer count boost. So if you want to relax and have fun this week, and do not want to do the quests, then you could do wilderness kills for a chunk of xp

Tanis

WRONG!!!
Every player has to deal with overpowered thralls.
Thralls that caused me to faceplant on a quest I've soloed hundreds of times.
Indeed the Thralls & the sky are all most players will see

Otherwise only a few will participate in the invasion

DDO Gaming

If I were the devs, I would have done an xp boost during the event and +25% slayer count boost. So if you want to relax and have fun this week, and do not want to do the quests, then you could do wilderness kills for a chunk of xp
There is an xp boost. I got 64K for VON4@R3 (normally about 50K) and a team-member got 182K (presumably boosted with pots)

Justfungus

Everyone take a deep breath, it will be gone in less than a week.
unlike reapers ... which will be here forever.
If you want to make a statement, just run everything on normal (just for a week) if the
event counters slow down to a crawl, they should get the message.
Be glad it is not a month :p

Tanis

If you want to make a statement, just run everything on normal (just for a week) if the
Players are free to post their opinions that’s exactly the purpose of the forum

YW

Last edited:

healertank

The sky really is the worst part. Its like we're forced to be in Shadow Walk all the time. I have my gamma turned up and I still literally cant see where I'm going in Tanaroa.
haha I always thought Shadow walk was the most horrible graphic eye killer in existence. Forget which storm horn quest it is when your fighting up on the ice in shadow phase... if you don't adjust that garbage you might go blind for real. I like the red skys but to each their own of course.

DDO Gaming

Actually I think MAYBE this was a missed opportunity to offer currently unable items like 5min EXP Retreat potions or shards that combine spot/search/listen

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved

Aragadi

Now hold up, this isn't fair. There's such a thing as toxic casualness too lol

If you want to have a relaxing play time, that's perfectly fine. If you want an efficient drop rate, that's fine. But you can't have it both ways. The better drop rate in elite is solely because of the increased difficulty. You want better drops, then accept the challenge. You want easy casual play, accept reduced rewards.
where exactly is the "increased reward" for these champs? this is not the same as someone who could never run a reaper quest before expecting to now, this is increased difficulty for no reward at all. This is actually just a testing ground for mob buffs that will prevent players from pulling multiple packs of mobs. There is no "toxic casualness" in saying these champs are garbage and can't be removed from the game soon enough. There is a ton of toxic elitism in telling people that they should accept this phantom "risk/reward" scenario associated with these champs you have conjured up in your own mind.

Aragadi

So telling folks to run a dungeon at a lower/easier level is elitest :ROFLMAO: 👍

Proud elitest :)👍
No, telling people to run a lower difficulty isn't elitist, if they actually belong in a lower difficulty. There is no reward system attached to these champs. It is elitest to tell people to just take it up the A** because ..."reasons". If they could neve run reaper before and expected to be able to just walk into the event to get some kind of reward, then maybe you would have a leg to stand on here, but as it is you are just proud of being a jerk.

Last edited:

Aragadi

The real statement is to just not play for a week, which is what I have decided to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.