Which ED to use on nukers to get 20>32

Hireling

I am currently knocking out a few heroic TRs and then will start doing my Racials and Iconics again. For many racial I will use Stormsinger Bard (it's a fast heroic leveler and can CC and Heal well in party play)
Anyway, in the past for nukes, I used The Dragon Epic Destiny. On the forums, people have said that Draconic has been nerfed. I haven't really tested it, but figured I could ask here.
What ED for an Acid Sorc, then an Archmage Wiz (I'll melee this too) and a Storm Singer Bard. Thinking Fate Singer for bard at 30/32 is Fatesinger good at going 20>32?
Thanks!

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Mantle-wise draconic or primal (if you've got matching elements) can do you nicely. Draconic mantle will be a bit more damage; primal will open you up to bit better mana management (and sets you up cocoon for a little healing). Epic strikes will depend on what you're playing. The fate singer epic strike is quite solid for a sonic caster like bard; but it's single target. So you can do stuff like take both fate singer's and draconic's epic strikes and use different ones depending on the situation (if you want more AoE or single target).

seph1roth5

Just don't take primal avatar's carrion swarm. The nerfed version is super awful. Enemies that make their initial save take no damage and get no dot. Other epic strikes, if they even target reflex, at least only whiff vs evasion.

AbyssalMage

Not sure why you would go Acid Sorc to be honest. But to each their own...

Acid Sorc I would probably stay in Draconic. Primal would be my second suggestion but as Seph1roth5 mentioned they "Fubared" the heck out of the epic strike for Acid/Poison casters.

Bard is an easy Fatesinger as the developers didn't touch it inappropriately like the other ED's. Primal is the next best option with Lightning (Winter?) option. Try both, Primal may be slightly better for staying alive though.

Archmage Wizard I would say Machro Technic, Primal (Winter), Exalted Angel, or Magus. By melee do you mean an Archmage EK Build? That may change my answer *shrug*

SpartanKiller13

Agreed with everything above, just going to give some more details about what I do/have done/would recommend.

Usually I'll run a bit of Machro and a bit of Primal and most casters for epic leveling. Tonquin's is no-save big damage, and Shard Storm (or Reborn in Fire if you need fast large heals) adds a bit of defenses while also finishing off mobs.

Primal mantle is IMO best for leveling if you can figure out some way to waste spell points productively, but Draconic is more damage if you don't have SP issues. Fatesinger mantle is sorta fine all-around, but never feels super impressive to me.

I've mostly used Machro for the epic strike as well, but probably Dragonbreath and others are fine. I like having a single-target option for bosses/long-range stuff (like Magus strikes or Storm Catcher) but mostly I'll use AoE (Machro has no save XD)

Acid Sorc is sorta awkward, you're not Ice/negative for Magus stuff and you have -CL for Sonic/Electric so Machro & Fatesinger are rough. Probably mainly Dragonbreath, with a side order of Primal for bonus spells.

Archmage I'd definitely go Machro/Primal, especially given your melee statement. Primal Mantle works great for both melee and caster, and Shard Storm + Machro Epic Strike are both great up close (and can stun with T4 Machro).

Bard is Fatesinger primary with a lil' in Machro (get Tonquin's Thunder Hammer) and a lil' in Primal (probs Shard Storm still) b/c Fatesinger is really good for anything Sonic these days :D

Hireling

Not sure why you would go Acid Sorc to be honest. But to each their own...

Acid Sorc I would probably stay in Draconic. Primal would be my second suggestion but as Seph1roth5 mentioned they "Fubared" the heck out of the epic strike for Acid/Poison casters.

Bard is an easy Fatesinger as the developers didn't touch it inappropriately like the other ED's. Primal is the next best option with Lightning (Winter?) option. Try both, Primal may be slightly better for staying alive though.

Archmage Wizard I would say Machro Technic, Primal (Winter), Exalted Angel, or Magus. By melee do you mean an Archmage EK Build? That may change my answer *shrug*
Oh, I did Acid because less things are acid resistant and a lot of things are fire resistant like Oozes and Blackbone Skeletons.
But you question made me realize, the last time I did a Sorc life...Sorc didn't have the ability to strip immunity.
I am totally not set on staying Acid Sorc. I am only level 8 at the moment and taking my time to flag all the Necro 1,2,3 Final Dungeons on an Alt Account finally.
Oh, I am Warforged too if that makes Macrotech a more logical fit.

Hireling

Oh in the past, I just Acid Breathed from Draconic everything and used Mass Hold and other CC stuff.
Want to say maybe Web doesn't get nuked by Acid Spells? but its been a long time.

So from all this, I will probably swap to Air/Electric/Sound and use Fatesinger and Macrotech. Though can still check out Draconic to see how badly it was nerfed.

Reactions: DBZ

droid327

Acid Sorc should go FotW because Acid Sorc is only good for an EK build :)

Pseudo-Arti (Air Sorc + Mach) as a WF is probably a much better idea, yeah. GShout is underappreciated as short, effective CC that's decent damage on its own, and for Sorc the 3 sec CD makes it highly spammable. Only issue with Air Sorc in Epic is you dont have a good L9 AOE rotational option like MS or AW, so its a lot of spamming multiple second-tier AOEs

Draconic Breath wasnt nerfed to the point you dont want to use it anymore, it was just knocked down to no longer be clear #1 for all elemental casters anymore.

JustHavingFunBro

I would suggest Primal for up and coming players. That tree turns hirelings into useful help. They don't die in 2 hits, and can do a tiny bit of damage. Sadly, melee hirelings are still trash and need to be avoided. Any fire/alignment/healer caster should use exalted angel, imo.

I think the Draconic mantle is the worst. Other mantles get a free damage for each spell type. Fatesinger has great tier 1 and 2 for both melee and some casters. The mantle and epic strike are great.

Other than that, does it matter? They've all been nerfed so much the only reason to take them is the core abilities.

Last edited: