Which heart of wood to I use??

Scott

Hello,

I have a 23rd-level human paladin that I want to reincarnate into a Druid. No past lives or mixed classes here. Or, is it best to just start fresh with a new build?
Thoughts/opinions appreciated

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Paladins are lawful good. Druids have to be neutral. So you could burn a +20 heart to change all the paladin levels to something else, then use an alignment change token, and then burn another +20 heart again into Druid. But that's silly expensive.

Your best option is use either a heart of wood (class) or heart of blood (race) and get the past life from whichever one you choose (you can get either of these by grinding out 20 tokens of the twelve ingame). This'll put you back at character creation with a past life and you then make it as Druid (you'll be level 1).

FuzzyDuck81

Yep a straight up heroic TR or racial reincarnation is your best bet.. racial has the best benefits long-term with multiple lives but it takes a lot more work while a paladin class past life is healing amp, that's solid for anyone at any time. You'll get the upgrade to a 34 point build at that point too. If you don't already have your free tome for 1750 favour i'd make sure to grab that before reincarnating, it'll carry over into the next life.

I would recommend a heroic past life for your paladin. You don’t want to start fresh since you’ve already done most of the work by leveling past 20. You will need to farm 20 tokens of the twelve and turn them in for a heroic true heart of wood. The vender is in the twelve behind the tower (Lahar is his name). Then head to the reincarnation grove in the hall of heroes. Heroic TR will allow you to start fresh with additional build points and a paladin past life. https://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation#Quick_summary

Xorlarrin

Do not mean to hi-jack a post but while we’re on the subject…

So, if I pop a lesser (no +) once I hit level 20:

Reset to level 1
Retain reputation
Platinum/Gold is reset to level 1 limit (F2P)
You lose all feats
You get to redo stats with 32 points

My question is, do you retain action points?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Do not mean to hi-jack a post but while we’re on the subject…

So, if I pop a lesser (no +) once I hit level 20:

Reset to level 1
Retain reputation
Platinum/Gold is reset to level 1 limit (F2P)
You lose all feats
You get to redo stats with 32 points

My question is, do you retain action points?
A lesser heart doesn't pop you to level 1. It keeps your current level but does a respec process where you repick your intial stat/skills/feats and all the level up skills/feats/etc. +X on lesser heart lets you swap one class level per + on it while going thru that process; so a +0 is just a full respec of feats/skills/etc. with zero class changes.

A true reincaration gives past life feat and puts you back at the character creation screen. You'll then be on a 34 point build, after your 2nd TR (and forever onwards) you'll be on 36 point build.

Buddha5440

A lesser heart doesn't pop you to level 1. It keeps your current level but does a respec process where you repick your intial stat/skills/feats and all the level up skills/feats/etc. +X on lesser heart lets you swap one class level per + on it while going thru that process; so a +0 is just a full respec of feats/skills/etc. with zero class changes.

A true reincaration gives past life feat and puts you back at the character creation screen. You'll then be on a 34 point build, after your 2nd TR (and forever onwards) you'll be on 36 point build.
Only 30 and 32 pt for Drow...unless that's changed.

Xorlarrin

Ok, so then once I hit level 20, I want heroic reincarnation?

That will do everything I said above and keep your action points, plus get past life feat?

I can do this three times in the same class to max out?

FuzzyDuck81

Ok, so then once I hit level 20, I want heroic reincarnation?

That will do everything I said above and keep your action points, plus get past life feat?

I can do this three times in the same class to max out?
Action points are earned 4 per level as you go through the levelling process, capping at 80 once you take level 20.

Doing a heroic reincarnation will put you back to level 1 character creation where you can redo race/class/appearance (not name & gender though) & you'll gain the past life benefit for that class. All your items will go into a reincarnation cache, which is a withdrawal-only portion of your character bank. Make sure not to have any summoned weapons (flame blade & shadowblade spells) in your inventory though, as there's a known bug that can cause issues later.

Yes, you can stack past life feats up to 3 times per class. Only 1 TR for each class is necessary to qualify for the completionist feat. Archetypes have their own past life feats with different benefits but they count as that base class to qualify for completionist.

Lesser reincarnation is basically a character rebuild so you can immediately re-level back to where you were before with the option to change feats & appearance. If your character is only a 28 point build they'll also be upgraded to 32 points in the process.

Last edited:

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Not strictly to the point but may still be valid:
Maybe it is possible for you guys to reach lvl 32 with wilderness? The time investment should be worth it and you get more than just a heroic past life.

Cheers,
Titus

Kryxal

30 is all that's needed for epic reincarnation, it's worth doing if able. Extra HP/AC/PRR/Elemental absorption are welcome, plus varying active effects