Who uses Nvidia Surround with 3 monitors?

fireball241_jt

5840x1080 can be more fun on three unfancy 27 inch monitors. Zoom in to first person or just slightly over the shoulder with Nvidia video surround enabled with Bezel correction. Use 5.1 audio surround or a surround headset too.

Then the dungeon crawl can be quiet creepy. A stress on the heart for its intensity. It is almost like another game versus the zoom out to see all the enemies coming. Granted this affects survivability, lol

erousted8

Every time I've tried this the game got badly distorted on the side monitors, to the point where a normal-sized character looked like a dwarf on the side screens. I suppose the effect might not be as bad if you had the monitors straight instead of in an arc... but then its not really "surround", is it?

I used to be super duper into surround gaming. I also got into hexagonal gaming at one point(5840x2160 using 6 monitors in a 3x2 config). DDO launched just fine but not being able to move the redical gave it some problems.

After much experimentation I finally settled on a 43" 4k screen. You really need the vertical resolution to stop the distortion. Someday, when I have a little more time/money/space to much about, I plan to take 3x 43" 4k screens turned sideways to create a 4320x3840 screen.

EvanBanning

I too have played around with surround gaming. I like the basic concept but like erousted says without adding horizontal resolution it has some failings.

Once I have space I want to build one of those semi-circle setups where you use 5x 1440p 27" screens on end. 7500x2560 resolution, looks really fun. The only problem is you can't even pretend to use the setup for anything besides gaming :p

fireball241_jt

Every time I've tried this the game got badly distorted on the side monitors, to the point where a normal-sized character looked like a dwarf on the side screens. I suppose the effect might not be as bad if you had the monitors straight instead of in an arc... but then its not really "surround", is it?

I used to be super duper into surround gaming. I also got into hexagonal gaming at one point(5840x2160 using 6 monitors in a 3x2 config). DDO launched just fine but not being able to move the redical gave it some problems.

After much experimentation I finally settled on a 43" 4k screen. You really need the vertical resolution to stop the distortion. Someday, when I have a little more time/money/space to much about, I plan to take 3x 43" 4k screens turned sideways to create a 4320x3840 screen.

I tried sitting up close to a 32 inch monitor. I found the height and vertical resolution irritating when playing the game very close to the screen within 2 to 3 feet.

3x27 inch monitors horizontally is equivalent to a 87 inch tv if you add vertical to it. But if you sit far back it defeats the purpose of dungeon crawl experience. Besides you only use half the side monitors in your vision.

For other games there is Widescreen Fixer and Flawless screen. Any luck with settings?

Last edited:

EvanBanning

I tried sitting up close to a 32 inch monitor. I found the height and vertical resolution irritating when playing the game very close to the screen within 2 to 3 feet.

Was the 32" screen 4k? Regardless, 32 is still not big enough. I sit fairly far back from my big screen. You need at least 43-50 inches to fully fill up your field of vision, and at least 4k resolution to make it worthwhile.

3x27 inch monitors horizontally is equivalent to a 87 inch tv if you add vertical to it. But if you sit far back it defeats the purpose of dungeon crawl experience. Besides you only use half the side monitors in your vision.

That's why you gotta use 5 horizontally. The actual screen resolution is then 7500x2560, bigger and different from any TV. Again I have not tried this yet. Just looks like fun. Also I have to buy more monitors.

For other games there is Widescreen Fixer and Flawless screen. Any luck with settings?

I messed around with flawless widescreen back when I still had my surround setup but never could get it to do anything. I suppose I could try again, I've got all the hardware I need and some free space now.

erousted8

32" screen is too small. If you're going to play in 4k there's no point unless you have at least 43"s. 50 is better for gaming.