Why hasn't the LAG and other technical issues not been resolved?

Why does it seem like lag and tech issues never ever get resolved?(keeps coming back)... PICK 3

• Because it's not a software issue it's a hardware issue and SSG no have the $$$ to get new equip

• Because the game is built on legacy code that's impossible to decipher after the 99 developers later

• Because the DDO leadership does not consider it to be of high priority.

• Because DDO has priorities to sell new product/content and cannot divert resources to lag

• Because SSG through Enad7 doesn't really care about DDO players

• Because there are too many new players coming into DDO

• Too many players are playing DDO now!

• Poor quality code writing.

• Lack of a dedicated Q/A team.

• There is no Lag or Tech issues, it's all in the minds of the players.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Let's discuss; after several years of the same lag and technical issues occuring why in your opinion has the lag not been resolved?

ACJ97F

I'm guessing it's because the game can't figure out how to deal with an Elminster in and out of DDO at the same time. There's only so much
nonsensical stuff a server can deal with, before it's going to try and shut itself off, or trigger cascade failure since it can't drink itself to death. ;)

Jummby

Let's discuss; after several years of the same lag and technical issues occuring why in your opinion has the lag not been resolved?
The main reason why I am not participating in this poll is because while some selections are true or partially true, most other selections are way off base.

There are opinions (everyone has them and we know what they smell like) that many have and then therre facts.

Now for years they are saying they are wornlking on fixing lag. That is a fact.

That is the only fact everyone knows. When they have write ups on websites questioning the lag while hyping new releases, If questioned on lag in the game, they say they are aware of it and working on it.

Svirfneblin

Can we get an update from the lag dude they hired back please?

what’s been accomplished and what’s left to do?

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Because not enough players are quiting the game while whaling is at an all time high surprisingly enough.

Edit: On a serious note, because none of the current developers were around when the game was made. All the things they think they are fixing are irrelevant to the actual things that matter. I deduce this from all the 'this will reduce lag' mantra I hear over the past two-three years and EVERY SINGLE TIME THE LAG GETS WORSE! Every time. Like, it's an actual running joke.

Last edited:

Lacci

I can only assume it´s because SSGs management doesn´t think that a bug- and lagfree game may generate any income and/or new players.
And at the same time, apparently people still spend enough money regardless.

Eoin

Think of all of the AOE centered on a moving object limited time buffs/debuffs and the stats they try to adjust on PCs and mobs. Now sync that across a party with people in Korea, Brazil, USA, UK, France, and Australia. Now do that for all the parties on a server using code that has been being updated since the late 90s.

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
MIken4N.jpg