Why so hard?

dur

aka Cybersquirt

I am Battlemaster for PDK. This toon has 10's (;P) of Commendations for PDK, Druids, Clerics, War Wizards.. 1500+ Commendations of Valor, FFS. Why make Commendations of Heroism SO hard to get? It's not like I can buy them in the DDO store, AFAIK.

*What about 1000 Commendations of Valor = 3 Heroism? Or something, I mean.. something for us poor saps who've lost all their playing buds to.. well.. the game. 3, because that's how many I need for my 'fancy' Dragonplate Armor in Gianthold.

Last edited:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
It appears from their OP, they're interested in gaining the armour for cosmetic reasons.

J1NG
No. I'd like to get the actual Dragonplate Armor. I have everything but those #$%&* commendations. I #$^&* have 1,

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
No. I'd like to get the actual Armor. I have everything but those #$%&* commenations. I #$^&* have 1,
A bit of a head scratcher then, given most of them are 1 or 2 level use Armours and outclassed by newer armours. Unless if this is for HC?

Have you gone and flagged for Caught In the Web or Fall of Truth and asked for others to pass the commendations over? That's usually the fastest way to get what you need.

J1NG

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I want the armor.

Yeah, I'll watch for that Raid to come up, sure.

Happy New Year.

Nothing on turn-ins, then, hmm?

J1NG

I want the armor.

Yeah, I'll watch for that Raid to come up, sure.

Happy New Year.

Nothing on turn-ins, then, hmm?
The only turn in that gave any Heroic Commendations were those old Raid Boxes that was given out (x10), so unless if you have one of those around, there's no easier and quicker way unfortunately.

J1NG

Reactions: dur

J1NG

Nowadays it is not difficult to do Fall of truth solo with level 32 characters. I farm it regularly, you don't need a group.
Unless if they get shafted by RNG. :confused:

:: edit ::
Although on Elite is should drop often/guaranteed? I can't remember as I haven't solo'd that in years now. :unsure:
:: /edit ::

Hence a group would be useful to pass over commns (hedge bets for more probability to drop). Especially if they want the armour sooner.

J1NG

Lazuli

Unless if they get shafted by RNG. :confused:

:: edit ::
Although on Elite is should drop often/guaranteed? I can't remember as I haven't solo'd that in years now. :unsure:
:: /edit ::

Hence a group would be useful to pass over commns (hedge bets for more probability to drop). Especially if they want the armour sooner.

J1NG
FoT drops guaranteed recommendations. It is CITW that has random drop. A party is always useful when you're farming, but my point is that you don't need to wait if you can't find it. FoT is not an endgame raid, and it is easy to do solo it.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Don't solo citw, do FoT. it's faster, easier and drops more comms.
Yeah, well, my original post, pre-editing, mentioned my paladin facing a barren landscape, far as 'friends' go - the game killed them a long time ago.

*** drained my mana in CITW?? Some days I really hate this game.

Fisto Mk I

Don't solo citw, do FoT. it's faster, easier and drops more comms.
FoT really much faster to run, but not sure about second part. In my experience, FoT usual drop 2 comms, and CiTW - 3.
FoT drops guaranteed recommendations. It is CITW that has random drop.
Both have guarantied 2 comms, 1 more optional, and FoT have only 1 epic raid chest, CiTW - 6. Moreover, CiTW 20 completion provide 10 CoH in reward list, not sure about FoT (never check).

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
FoT really much faster to run, but not sure about second part. In my experience, FoT usual drop 2 comms, and CiTW - 3.

Both have guarantied 2 comms, 1 more optional, and FoT have only 1 epic raid chest, CiTW - 6. Moreover, CiTW 20 completion provide 10 CoH in reward list, not sure about FoT (never check).
Per the Wiki...
CitW - Select from 7 items every 20th. (From a pool of 13 items plus 6 +4 tomes - 37% of the list. Commendations do not appear.)
FoT - Select one from the list every 20th. The list includes all named items.

My memory is FoT offers something like 3 CoH on the 20th. I am 2 runs away and will update if I remember to.

ProllyDidItWrong

Why are these older raid under level 20 restrictions on gear and tokens still a thing? They should make them tradeable with coms or heart seeds - Its not going to break anybodies game if Dur gets his outdated armor for the mostly useless comsendations. FFS SSG.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
The only turn in that gave any Heroic Commendations were those old Raid Boxes that was given out (x10), so unless if you have one of those around, there's no easier and quicker way unfortunately.

J1NG
I actually do have one of those boxes on this toon but I've saved it this long.. I'll try FoT and see what happens.

Why are these older raid under level 20 restrictions on gear and tokens still a thing? They should make them tradeable with coms or heart seeds - Its not going to break anybodies game if Dur gets his outdated armor for the mostly useless comsendations. FFS SSG.
Er, yeah! :ROFLMAO: