witch hunt >what makes that scroll pop up?

Col Kurtz

run this dozens of times and that scroll beatrice wants seems to not want to show up after getting the signal you are close. Circle that spot 20 times and nothing > then eventually it pops up.

is there some secret mechanic to make it appear after getting close? search sure don't work.

Col Kurtz

When it starts to tingle it means it's about to pop up.

(blush)

I don't think I've ever had it not appear when in the right area myself.
weird cause im daeling with it right now...>get tingle> move around there/search/jump tumble/fart>nothing

it's usually on the area just in front of th e huntleader, so its easy to find the tingle spot (gillges)

somenewnoob

It's only a matter of time until Lars Heyton shows up with something to say in this thread.......

Which area is it in? Is it to the right when you enter or the one straight ahead?

vryxnr

It's location is semi random. Sometimes you get the tingle but it's not on the hill you're on, but the one beside it. Not sure if that's a bug or jsut the range of the tingle being too large in that one instance, but I've encountered that a few times.

Col Kurtz

It's location is semi random. Sometimes you get the tingle but it's not on the hill you're on, but the one beside it. Not sure if that's a bug or jsut the range of the tingle being too large in that one instance, but I've encountered that a few times.
ah/that sounds like it...just check both spots it usually pops on then. i didnt think the range was that far, but it explains the couple of runs that I just reset the dungeon and figured it was bugged. TY

CBDunk

The 'Missing Note' spawns immediately with the quest, but can be in one of at least five different positions. All are up on top of raised ground/hills and there are several places where the 'nearby notification' could indicate it is on either of two adjacent spots. Working from the Master of the Hunt's position, the five spawn points I know of are;

1st hill to the SW, hill to the SW of that (just west of bridge), hill N of that (just east of collectable and bridge), hill N of that (just east of bridge), and slightly further N on same hill

All are near the middle of the map, fairly far from the various banners and portals around the edge.

owl

The tingle mechanic can be misleading. I've learned over time where to go when I get the tingle message - sometimes it's quite far away.

I usually jump down straight ahead, sometimes it's there. If I get a tingle message on the rock it's to the right up high. If I jump in front of the rock and get the tingle message it's up to the left. If I don't get the message there it's up to the right on the other side of the log. This is what works for me anyhow.

Col Kurtz

The tingle mechanic can be misleading. I've learned over time where to go when I get the tingle message - sometimes it's quite far away.

I usually jump down straight ahead, sometimes it's there. If I get a tingle message on the rock it's to the right up high. If I jump in front of the rock and get the tingle message it's up to the left. If I don't get the message there it's up to the right on the other side of the log. This is what works for me anyhow.
yea that tingle in the middle high point seems most misleading of them all...thx everyone for the help;)
The 'Missing Note' spawns immediately with the quest, but can be in one of at least five different positions. All are up on top of raised ground/hills and there are several places where the 'nearby notification' could indicate it is on either of two adjacent spots. Working from the Master of the Hunt's position, the five spawn points I know of are;

1st hill to the SW, hill to the SW of that (just west of bridge), hill N of that (just east of collectable and bridge), hill N of that (just east of bridge), and slightly further N on same hill

All are near the middle of the map, fairly far from the various banners and portals around the edge.
yup...seems simple enough> just misleading tingles trying to get me into their car so I can end up in their dungeon making movies for them. Thanks for the details ! :)

Col Kurtz

hope this thread helps some others too...its a sweet 5 minute completion if you find that damn not quickly