xp pots running off 1 min

Nickodeamous

Hey there,

I thought this was a fluke, because I knew I had approximately 10 mins and 27 seconds when I entered GH yesterday on my 50 pot, but when I phased in, it took 1 min off and left me with 9 mins and 25 seconds. However, I just ran a loop in the ruins of thunderholm and when I exited, I had 4 hours and 58 mins. however, when I entered again, I had 4 hours and 56 mins.

So, whats going on...is there a hidden nerf to pots that does this, or is something broken? This could add up.

puzzled...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I knew they tick during load screens; I just never looked closely at how much ticked off.

T.O.

Seems testable. Don't we all have huge stacks of potions from the fiscally irresponsible gold roles?
I got stacks I fiscally irresponsibly bought from buying points. Not from gold rolls. So should I really be a SSG beta tester?

Last edited:

Zaszgul

Potions are coded to pause their timer when you are "in a public area", which is essentially equivalent to "having the City/Tavern Regeneration buff".

While you are zoning into the game (especially during log-in, which can easily take 30+ seconds if you have a lot of PLs, mail, etc) you aren't technically in a public area regardless of where you actually are because that buff is one of the last things to be attached to you.

They could resolve this issue a bit better if its possible to attach the "public area buff" to you earlier, or apply a new "I'm zoning into the game buff" to you and have potions halt their timers while that is active on you as well.

erousted8

a 5% pot only takes you 5 mins to run a Cannith Challenge if you actually wanted to test anything
You don't actually need to run anything. Role a new char, chug a pot, then carefully note the time remaining as you zone in and out of various areas.