You were killed by Your hit points falling due to your constitution bonus decreasing.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
It is so annoying to die because of this. Can this be changed to go unconscious instead or 1 hp ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
It is so annoying to die because of this. Can this be changed to go unconscious instead or 1 hp ???
How are you getting your con to drop low enough your HP go negative? I've played barbs with blood tribute, I've played warlocks with Staunch and I've never manager to push my con low enough to die from this effect.

Weaponalpha

Getting knocked below 0 hp you lose rage so -4 con plus possible fatigue so -2 and if using Hardy Rage -3 and at least -1 from using Blood Tribute or more likely -2 or -3 and -2 for losing ship buff... it's a lot of loss. It's like when you die and port to ship and hit amenity bar and die again. It happens a lot as anyone who plays on hardcore knows from death messages. It has never happend to me but i understand exactly how it happens.

Ahpuch

I would leave it as is. Con 0 doesn't kill you. Its the combination of damage and Con reduction to reduce you overall (max) HP that kills you. It seems to be WAI. They could change the ship buff to not remove and reapply con bonus so that grabbing the buffs doesn't kill you. That seems reasonable.

Take the death as a reminder to invest to increase your consciousness range.

Last edited:

droid327

How are you getting your con to drop low enough your HP go negative? I've played barbs with blood tribute, I've played warlocks with Staunch and I've never manager to push my con low enough to die from this effect.

You have to be really close to death already, then the few lost HP put you over the line. Especially in public areas, where you cant fall unconscious.... 0 HP is immediately dead

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Don't have to. You know your character, you know your abilities, you need to keep track of timers. If you let your HP drop low enough so when your abilities drop your CON, then you die. Same as any character not keeping track of their HP and dying.
It was on an alt I play not so often. I dont know the limits so well as on my main.
It happened during fight. Wasnt raging.

Ahpuch

You have to be really close to death already, then the few lost HP put you over the line. Especially in public areas, where you cant fall unconscious.... 0 HP is immediately dead
Allowing unconsciousness in public areas would also be a reasonable request. Is there a reason to disallow it in public?

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Allowing unconsciousness in public areas would also be a reasonable request. Is there a reason to disallow it in public?

Wait, when was it changed that you can not go into Uncon range in public zones? Previous experience (not too long ago) suggested it was still possible (was testing fall damage at the time). Has this been changed or just I was not testing in the primary public zones?

J1NG

PraetorPlato

I went into unconsciousness in public spaces 5 times last week (kept jumping off guild ship spire after releases on a new vet char without feather fall). It still happens.

Ahpuch

Wait, when was it changed that you can not go into Uncon range in public zones? Previous experience (not too long ago) suggested it was still possible (was testing fall damage at the time). Has this been changed or just I was not testing in the primary public zones?

J1NG
Don't know. I just assumed Droid knew something I didn't. Now I feel the need to test it...

droid327

I know I've died in public when I should've been unconscious before

Maybe its got something to do with being Undead? They used to always die at -1, maybe its still like that in public zones, who knows - its DDO, Jake

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I know I've died in public when I should've been unconscious before

Maybe its got something to do with being Undead? They used to always die at -1, maybe its still like that in public zones, who knows - its DDO, Jake
This used to happen that way, but it was changed subsequently because undead players could not benefit from extended Uncon ranges otherwise. Testing it just now shows Undead can go to Uncon range in Public too.

J1NG

Ahpuch

J1NG
Just checked. You were not mistaken. You can still go incap in public areas.

PersonMan

There are a number of ways to increase unconsciousness range so that when your CON suddenly drops you likely will just go unconscious.

I think 0 CON used to mean instant death and 0 any other stat was the brief stun followed by unable to do much. Of course that was back when helpless meant autocrit.

Alco

SCOTUS just heard arguments like this and they are likely to rule that sleeping in public is illegal. :)

Last edited: