Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
My lovely wife and I have been discussing this. . . Mess.

Rewards should be front loaded, if you buy 12 months of VIP, you should get access to ALL the rewards, since you pay up front, you should get the rewards up front.
If you pay Six months, the first time you get the first six rewards, the second you get the next six. Same for Three months...

We like Rabid's suggestion of instead of the mostly useless VIP bags you get a raid reward selection, not necessarily the newest raids.

Having to reclaim the rewards after every TR is. . . annoying, they have the tech in past life feats. Make the cosmetic feats (ALL of them, including HC feats like eyes and footprints) persist thru reincarnation

SSG you need to add a catch-up mechanism as this could easily become discouraging for late comers when they realize that they are years behind the best rewards, and that since new rewards keep being added with always higher loyalty requirements, they will basically never be able to catch-up. One way to do that would be to allow people to "buy back" VIP seniority.

Klorox

First, don’t require logging in to claim something each month. I’ve been vip for years (5-6?). I haven’t played any ddo for 3 months. I haven’t canceled my vip. I don’t plan to. Reward us for paying. I wanna support the game. I don’t always have time to log in and/or play. Really bad to require logging in - if that is the case.

Ideas for permanent additions:

VIP Potion vendor - exclusive pots only available to vips. Alchemical pots? New stacking vip buff pots? Invisibility pots? Make the BTA.

Extra % on top of store sales - just a very small additional percentage.

Small increase on ddo points per month - 100 even. For 600 total.

20 shared bank spots right away - not 5 after 11 months. That is a joke.

VIP exclusive cosmetic outfit(s) - how about green dragon scale in the styles of the other GH/Von dragon scale armors? - not the evening star style. This shouldn’t be too hard. A green dragon helm (with cool new helm skin) is a MUST.

VIP only universal enhancement tree - good but not OP. Not useless either.

New VIP gold seal hireling. Probably something with heals.

Kathwynn

I didn't have any real expectations. I will wait and see what it all looks like and whether it is an improvement for being VIP.

This list updates periodically, so new things will replace existing things sometimes. You'll start with the new month 1 at month 13.
This is not possible because, while older VIPs will want at the very least new cosmetics / mounts / pets to replace the older ones, newer VIPs might be looking forward to these older cosmetics and feel wronged if you swap them for something different right under their nose. And if you are going to have to keep track of how many times a VIP has gone through that 12-month cycle so you can give them the right cosmetics, then this is exactly the same as continuing with "month 13" and onward, meaning that there will be no way for a new VIP to catch-up to the latest (and presumably greatest) rewards, hence the need for a catch-up mechanism (see post above).

JustHavingFunBro

Other studios give meaningful daily rewards just for logging in. I am remember trying to log in to ESO every day to get those rare great rewards, of which there were multiple nice rewards per month. Not to even mention thousands of people would log in to do the massive 1 time bonus of a random PUG.

SSG: Here is a reward that is the equilvalent to trash loot, IE Sent XP: 300 after months of AFK subbing.

edit: I am actually OK with no VIP reward. People should be rewarded for logging in and playing. That is what will make DDO better. Not someone subbing for a year but playing another game that they consider more fun.

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I'm not thrilled about the needing to be VIP to summon the Flying Nimbus (no there is no way anyone is going to convince me to call it by any other name! :p).

However, I do like the look of it. And thus will be going VIP 12 months for the first time from May.

J1NG

Once you have it.. You. Know. What. To. Do.

df1jcbm-b3032e9f-f2c0-4ba1-b77b-9556d548975c.gif

I want to see him flying around all over Stormreach !!!! 😈

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
You know what would get people to REALLY signup for VIP and get them to PERMA signup.

1.) Starting from level 4 whenever you TR.

2.) +2% XP per party member grouped.

3.) Insta-teleportation to the entrance of any quest.

4.) Mailbox access from anywhere.

5.) Bank access from anywhere including inside a quest.

A bit of perspective, been playing on/off since late 2006. Was VIP, but FTP for last number of years buying stuff with points and real cash as needed. Last month I paid for a 3 month VIP. The biggest impact of that for me is being able to unlock elite or reaper from the get go. I will be reassing VIP at the end of the 3 months, not sure if I will stay VIP. From my perspective, I like the game and will keep on playing, but for me there is not much there for me to entice me to stay VIP that there is not already.

For me I would like to see some "milestone" perks that would not be clawed back if I decided to drop back down to FTP. For example a (meaningful) milestone perk/item at say 3,6,9 and 12 month.

All in all, I will probably keep playing whether it be VIP or Pay as you go for the things that give me value.

seph1roth5

I could see them not wanting you to bank from inside a quest, but just being able to do it from public zones (and shop) would be a nice qol that saves us from running around all over the place. LoTRO already does this why couldn't they just do that? Would've taken all of 5 min to say "hey let's just copy ourselves" and then another few weeks to figure out how to code it. Still well under the 13 month timefrime they had (not counting the year or 2 before that after admitting vip needed more).

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Once you have it.. You. Know. What. To. Do.
Plans are already in place and set in motion.
Storyboards are being drawn up for what we want done.
Locations are being scouted for use in capture already.
Just waiting on it's arrival...

You know what would get people to REALLY signup for VIP and get them to PERMA signup.

1.) Starting from level 4 whenever you TR.

2.) +2% XP per party member grouped.

3.) Insta-teleportation to the entrance of any quest.

4.) Mailbox access from anywhere.

5.) Bank access from anywhere including inside a quest.

1. Probably needs work done, but I could see this being a possibility.

2. Not sure the Devs will want to offer this, as there's already lots of XP bonus already.

3. I imagine this one needs lots of work to be done, that when completed, likely means it won't be VIP exclusive, so unlikely to be done for VIP only due to effort needed behind it and instead an optional purchase for everyone.

4 and 5. Won't be offered because it offers up too many avenues to grief a run (by removing any item from the quest this way - VoN5, what ring, I didn't pick up a ring! Look, let me DC and show it doesn't drop on the floor. *relogs* See?, etc) or needing the Devs to run through EVERY item in the game and making them non-mail, non-bank, non-Cosmetic AND delete on quest exit. Which can also lead to so many other issues, just so access is available. The costs (bugs and potential bugs) outweight any reason to do either 4 or 5.

J1NG