Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If you cancel and then later renew, does it pick back up where you left off on the monthly progression chart? (Not noticing info on that in the FAQ unless I zoned over that bit)

Epicsoul

Most of the months seem to have decent rewards. However, some are underwhelming, even when compared to other months.

2nd and 10th Month:

VIP Bag of Many Things

Select one item from the bag for free:
Raid Bypass Timer
Ethereal Rest Shrine Statuette
Flawless Siberys Dragonshard (Feat swap token)
Sentient XP Gem Worth 300 Sentient XP
Glamerdust x50
Mirror of Glamering
Omnispell Dust x2500
Legendary Raid Bypass Timer

While the items are fine, the quantity is not. Heck, 500 DDO points from month 1 is worth more. Can we increase the quantity of these items to be more valuable?

4th Month:

+10% Item Durability Ward
Get a +10% chance to avoid item wear on all characters while you are VIP.

I find this to be particularly useless. An additional 5% additional XP bonus would be far better.

9th Month:

VIP Discovery Boost
Get a +1% increased chance of named loot dropping for your characters in chests that stacks with Elixirs of Discovery

Lastly, I know we don't want to go overboard here, but 1% is low. Could it be a 3% increased chance?

Ahpuch

Some have pointed out that some rewards are luckluster but overall this is a solid improvement from what was proposed over a year ago. The cloud mount looks nice. But what happens at month 13? I assume it wraps around back to month 1 (which makes those 1 time items such as lightning trail and cloud mount less impressive). Or does one just stop getting new things?

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
So I have questions (and I checked the FAQ)…

I distribute a lot of DDO news across many different discords. Here are some questions I’ve read.

1. On one of these discords, they asked, “what if I have to stop my VIP due to r/l budgeting requirements. Games are a luxury, and if my kids need X or Y for school, then I’m going to choose them over a game. If I’ve unlocked the Lightning Storm trail at the six month mark, does my VIP bonus go back to the equivalent of ‘first month’ (thus losing the Lightning Storm trail) on restart?

2. Sentient XP Gem Worth 300 Sentient XP would be better off changing it to something like DDO Button of Winning, or Restoration Oil x5, or the repair djinn.

3. Is any of this retroactive, as a lot of us have been doing VIP subscription since before the DDO annual codes came out. Granted, you won’t be able to go back all the way, but perhaps 3 months credit?

4. “1st Time Signup Bonus Gift” – how does that work, if I’m already a subscriber? If this a first time signing up when this starts?

Dunspartacus

Definitely feels like a step up from the last iteration, but I can't really say I'm feeling hyped about it either (except the mount, that is pretty sick). The bags especially feel pretty underwhelming, especially as someone who doesn't raid more than like 2-3 times a month, the next best option is like a pittance of sentient exp.

Blerkington

I feel like you are still really missing the point of how to make VIP attractive for two large groups of players.

The program you are proposing holds very little value as a recruitment tool for new players like VIP used to have back in the days before expansions. You really need to consider allowing new VIP accounts to have access to expansion content without additional payment for some period of time like six months. Long enough to get someone hooked on the game without asking them to fork out a lot of cash before they know they like it enough to stick around.

The other group not well catered for by your new proposal are endgame players. The program needs to offer something compelling for people who are mostly or wholly done with getting past lives. These people are interested in getting RXP, getting better quality versions of their endgame gear items and maybe still doing a bit of work on alts. So your rewards need to support what these people are after if you want them to bother with maintaining a sub.

What you've proposed above is just a big bucket of meh. They aren't particularly good rewards and crucially they don't seem to encourage either new player recruitment or keeping veterans on a subscription either. The lack of customer type targetting is just breathtakingly bad.

Last edited:

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
They've got a year to figure out the next rewards.
They'll need it, going by the time this has taken.

Anyway, more or less as I expected. Not overwhelming, by any means. Char slot? Have like ten unused already. Less item wear? Meh. The Bag is also kinda meh, but hey. Though the sentient XP feels very negligible.

On the other hand, I'll take all the shared space I can get, even if 5 is very very low. Also, while 1% to named loot drop chance isn't huge, I'll take it. It might've been 2%, perhaps, but any higher and I guess it'll become "too good". Even if VIP being "too good" for a while would be a welcome change :p

EDIT: I still think starting at 3 or 4 after a TR would be much more welcome than some of these, but oh well, can't win 'em all. Though, while we're wishing, can I get a VIP perk that fixes my Monster Manual? :p

EDIT 2: If I wasn't capped in CC and/or if I actually crafted CC items anymore, the related bonus would be pretty good. Especially getting easier access to collectables.

Last edited:

Cordovan

Community Manager
So I have questions (and I checked the FAQ)…

I distribute a lot of DDO news across many different discords. Here are some questions I’ve read.

1. On one of these discords, they asked, “what if I have to stop my VIP due to r/l budgeting requirements. Games are a luxury, and if my kids need X or Y for school, then I’m going to choose them over a game. If I’ve unlocked the Lightning Storm trail at the six month mark, does my VIP bonus go back to the equivalent of ‘first month’ (thus losing the Lightning Storm trail) on restart?

2. Sentient XP Gem Worth 300 Sentient XP would be better off changing it to something like DDO Button of Winning, or Restoration Oil x5, or the repair djinn.

3. Is any of this retroactive, as a lot of us have been doing VIP subscription since before the DDO annual codes came out. Granted, you won’t be able to go back all the way, but perhaps 3 months credit?

4. “1st Time Signup Bonus Gift” – how does that work, if I’m already a subscriber? If this a first time signing up when this starts?
1. Your progress is preserved, so you'd pick up where you left off when you resubscribe. If you've already picked up that month's reward, the next reward will be available upon the start of the next month.
2. This isn't a question, but thank you for the feedback.
3. No.
4. Yes, when this starts existing VIPs will receive the immediate "month zero" gift.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Some have pointed out that some rewards are luckluster but overall this is a solid improvement from what was proposed over a year ago. The cloud mount looks nice. But what happens at month 13? I assume it wraps around back to month 1 (which makes those 1 time items such as lightning trail and cloud mount less impressive). Or does one just stop getting new things?
This list updates periodically, so new things will replace existing things sometimes. You'll start with the new month 1 at month 13.