Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Cordovan

Community Manager
Will there be a grace period between each year of rewards for those who did not get their 12th month reward, or is it like a too bad so sad situation?
So, it sounds like there may be a bit of confusion on this point. As long as you've received the 11th month reward, you'll be eligible for the 12th at the next reward period. If you've received the 12th reward, you'll cycle back and get the 1st reward next time. While the rewards will change over time, they aren't set up for a yearly refresh, just adjustments over time.

Owlbear

So, it sounds like there may be a bit of confusion on this point. As long as you've received the 11th month reward, you'll be eligible for the 12th at the next reward period. If you've received the 12th reward, you'll cycle back and get the 1st reward next time. While the rewards will change over time, they aren't set up for a yearly refresh, just adjustments over time.
What if you got the 3rd month reward and stop being VIP because you don't like the other rewards? Can you start on 1st reward for Year 2? Or do you really need to complete all 12 months rewards with all the cosmetics you don't want to start Year 2 because you prefer those cosmetics? Can you opt out of year 1 and start year 2?

And will these year 1 rewards be available for someone who starts playing DDO in 2026 when year 3 loyalty is already on it's way? Or are the trail and mount like exclusive stuff you can only get this year?

This all sounds way too much like an overcomplicated yearly season pass too me.

Last edited:

The Narc

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm sorry. If you were serious <insert "Ray Liotta Laughing" Gif>
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😎

I’m sorry if you thought FTP’s were entitled to anything more than FTP, us VIPers want to pay for things that the FTPers cant have.

If you arent flying around on clouds then you are below the clouds, class is class, hierarchy is hierarchy.

The lowly have small ambitions, and are satisfied with small indulgences. They need not get fair treatment. They need only think that they do...
Joe Abercrombie, Last Argument of Kings (The First Law, #3)

👍🏻👍🏻

Ahpuch

I don't think that clears it up. Try explaining this scenario:
I have a 1 year sub. On the 4th month claim the 4th month reward. I then don't log on for 3 months so I cannot make any claims. So on the 7th Month, I can claim the 5th item.

So far that makes sense. Now answer: When can I claim the 6th item? In the seventh month as well? Or do i have to wait for the 8th month? Am I now permanently behind by 2 months? Will I need to wait until the 14th month to claim the mount?

Epicsoul

The cutoff is starting the 1st of each month, so if you aren't VIP at the start of the month, you'll receive the immediate reward and then be eligible to claim the first regular gift on the 1st of the next month. The specific minute timing I don't have for you at this time, but we'll endeavor to get more specific about the timing as we get closer to May 1st, since it is relevant this first time around in particular.

This Loyalty Rewards Program encourages you to log in once per month in order to claim your reward, and is set up to reward some of our most loyal players. You won't lose progress on your reward list if you don't speak to the NPC each month, but you'll receive the next reward when eligible. So, if you last claimed the fourth reward, next time you'll get the fifth.
Apologies if I missed this in the thread. Is there some way to get an in-game reminder to claim the reward? I know me. I will forget.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I have a 1 year sub. On the 4th month claim the 4th month reward. I then don't log on for 3 months so I cannot make any claims. So on the 7th Month, I can claim the 5th item.

So far that makes sense. Now answer: When can I claim the 6th item? In the seventh month as well? Or do i have to wait for the 8th month? Am I now permanently behind by 2 months? Will I need to wait until the 14th month to claim the mount?
You are permanently behind 2 months.

The Narc

Metaphor

And if you dont show up to the VIP club for several months and havent spent any money at the club, you are certainly not getting the best table at the club.

You do have VIP status but your presence is still required to be valued at the club.

Note: I am glad they are finally going down the path of making VIP actually VIP, keep going guys and actually make it so there is a very noticeable difference between VIP accounts and FTP accounts.

Careall

I play mainly for HC and am willing to pay for VIP during HC season. I occasionally practice outside of HC, particularly when new content is introduced, and I might pay for one month at a time then. However, nothing in this incentive program is attractive enough to get me to subscribe regularly during the off-season. That's my two cents and I realize it's not worth much.

Varthalos

This just makes me sad, putting this out to the community in this state says something about the direction of the game and it's not great.
I mean my god, who wants any of this stuff and why is it implemented in this way. Maybe I'm just crazy but this is a big miss to me.

Ahpuch

Some have pointed out that some rewards are luckluster but overall this is a solid improvement from what was proposed over a year ago. The cloud mount looks nice.
I was clearly quite happy to see the fletching go away and say something positive because I don't think the solid improvement is accurate after looking at the previous proposal (axel's stream:
)

All in all, it is leagues better than the initial concept.
I thought it was significantly better at first (that's how bad the fletching was) but now I don't see it.

From the previous incarnation, the Greater Bag can now be claimed a couple months earlier, Fletching and 20% Hireling duration were swapped out in favor of VIP discovery boost (1%+ for named) and a few bonus shared bank slots. Both those are better than what was taken away but not significantly so. I am not certain 1% is going to be much more noticeable than Fletching to be honest.

They had also down graded the sentient XP from 1000 to 300 in this incarnation but a recent post by Cordo make it look like that was a mistake and I assume its going back to 1000. That was too low then and still is. Make it 3 x1000. And as was mentioned (and ignored) in the feedback from the first pitch, throw in some sentient toolkits and jewelers toolkits into the VIP bag. (of course this suggestion will still be ignored).

So overall, it is really a very small tweak on the previous underwhelming proposal.

My guess is the game is not profitable enough to develop the kinda perks we want to spend on...which makes me sad.
The funny thing is that you don't make things more profitable by making things people don't much want to pay for. They need to build those perks. You can't get the profit before there is something people want to pay for.

Finally, this starts on May 1 and is not retroactive for all those VIPs that have been here for years. I can understand you can't go back and reward too far back (no one should expect to collect month 200 on May 1) but this was supposed to be out a year ago. Perhaps meet people in the middle and reward up to 6 months retroactive.

Of course, with what the claim system appears to be, you can only claim once per month and you can't skip so they can simply say it IS retroactive but you are on Month 1 because you haven't talked to Violet Peregrine for the past 18 years. 🤦‍♂️

The Narc

I play mainly for HC and am willing to pay for VIP during HC season. I occasionally practice outside of HC, particularly when new content is introduced, and I might pay for one month at a time then. However, nothing in this incentive program is attractive enough to get me to subscribe regularly during the off-season. That's my two cents and I realize it's not worth much.
Although as club members we appreciate your time at the club during hardcore seasons, we must make you aware that we have long time standing VIP members that continuously support our club and in return we provide those said members with additional benefits. We do in fact provide you with the opportunity to become a continuos member at the club if you so choose at which point we will also provide you with such said benefits.

I hope this conveys our position as a club and we hope you will consider being a permanent member in the future.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
So... will there be a month 13 reward? I was thinking it would be a cumulative system... where each year another 12 months of VIP perks were added to extend the system.

Aelonwy

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😎

I’m sorry if you thought FTP’s were entitled to anything more than FTP, us VIPers want to pay for things that the FTPers cant have.

If you arent flying around on clouds then you are below the clouds, class is class, hierarchy is hierarchy.

👍🏻👍🏻

I am not F2P, I am premium, I have been VIP or premium, alternatively, since 2010. Its delicious that you think being able to rent a cloud makes you classy. Hierarchy in-game isn't determined by who is riding what mount or has whichever cosmetics, its determined by who can save the raid, short-man the raid, pull off the highest difficulty solo. No amount VIP determines those criteria. VIP is a subscription to a digital service offering a specific value for money spent. It never meant you were in the equivalent of the DDO country club.

But its your money. Maybe they can install a golden toilet on your Guildship.

Reifee - Orien

Would have liked to see a 1% increase in VIP exp per month. (resets when you don't renew within 5 days)((Sometimes you miss your credit card and don't play for a few days))

So by month 12 you have a 12% increase in exp.

If you buy a year ahead you get the 12% right off!

Cordovan

Community Manager

The Loyalty Reward Program is not tied as directly as your scenario indicates to the length of time you are a VIP, so in this scenario once you've claimed the fourth reward and are eligible to receive the fifth, you will get the fifth the next time you speak to the NPC. The reward program is based on the number of rewards claimed, not strictly on the amount of time you have been VIP, although for the first year it will play out that way since everyone's making their first trek through the table.

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
Discount on expansions is definitely missing.
Also discount on DDO Points.

There's an incentive system you could give some thought:
If you buy DDO points as a VIP they'll worth 120% of it's non VIP value until you buy something or stop being a vip. When you stop your subscription they'll loose the additional 20% value.

You could also increase the additional value with time:
When you buy them they are worth 120%, and in 12 month it could go up to 160%.

There could also be stacks with different additional values depending on how long ago you bought them but this could be a bit of overthinking.

I haven't done the maths, these are just examples, but I think you get the idea.

The Narc

I am not F2P, I am premium, I have been VIP or premium, alternatively, since 2010. Its delicious that you think being able to rent a cloud makes you classy. Hierarchy in-game isn't determined by who is riding what mount or has whichever cosmetics, its determined by who can save the raid, short-man the raid, pull off the highest difficulty solo. No amount VIP determines those criteria. VIP is a subscription to a digital service offering a specific value for money spent. It never meant you were in the equivalent of the DDO country club.

But its your money. Maybe they can install a golden toilet on your Guildship.
Lol premium, oh yes one class above FTP, a FTP that actually knows what it looks like inside the club.

Again people remember the VIP benefits loyalty program is for people that are currently VIP members, you want access to it, pay for it, if its bot important to you dont pay for it.

As for what part of a club gamestyle wise you and I are in, you required a death smilie to help you get your faerie wings in hardcore, i dont tagalong with any guy smilies or any rimstrommers and I continuosly finish in the top 30 of hardcore.

Was the first to get 5k favor in mortal voyage and the only one to do it in heroics at level 16 first life (extreme mortal voyage permadeath ruleset makes hardcore look like a walk in the park).

Clearly you are jealous of the money i have invested in my golden toilet seat, life requires smart decisions in order to make the kind of money to buy golden toilet seats.

Again i refer to my quote

The lowly have small ambitions, and are satisfied with small indulgences. They need not get fair treatment. They need only think that they do...

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
The Loyalty Reward Program is not tied as directly as your scenario indicates to the length of time you are a VIP, so in this scenario once you've claimed the fourth reward and are eligible to receive the fifth, you will get the fifth the next time you speak to the NPC. The reward program is based on the number of rewards claimed, not strictly on the amount of time you have been VIP, although for the first year it will play out that way since everyone's making their first trek through the table.
still as clear as mud. Let me ask in a slightly different manner:

I'm VIP, and I claim rewards 1-4 as soon as available.

I don't log in for three months (but am still VIP), when I log in again, I can claim reward 5. This is clear.

Can I immediately talk to the NPC again and claim 6 and then again for 7, or must I wait until the first of next month to claim 6?