Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

cdbd3rd

All this coding (even tho it had a template from Hobbit-side to work from), such a waste of resources that is just adding hassle & confusion.

Was already not a fan of Reward Track stuff, and now seeing that there is an NPC check-in every month too. If a VIP sub is passing over money every month, then that should be enough qualification for the accumulating reward.

Said it before - take all those tiny little +% bonuses and add them ALL to VIP sub. Tack on the boxes as rewards when subbing up multi-month subs. Simple, clean, and everyone knows what they're getting with no hassle. Why complicate it???

Ahpuch

Once a reward is claimed for the month, you'll need to wait until you are next eligible to claim your next reward.
There is the real clarification. I don't know why you couldn't have spelled that out previously. I interpreted that to be the case but couldn't figure out why you hadn't come out and just said it plainly. Thanks for finally doing so.

There is no "Year 1" and "Year 2" in regard to the VIP Loyalty Reward program. This is a VIP log in reward program that awards something once per month and currently has 12 months of benefits before it cycles back to the first reward. While the list of rewards will change over time, this isn't a yearly calendar style list.
So if you sign up next year looking forward to getting the cloud mount but then the offer changes when you are on month 9 and the 12th month benefit turns into a slug familiar, do you not get the cloud mount or the slug familiar? In other words, Are you locked into the plan when you start or can it get swapped out from under you? Alternatively, if the plan changes and you are on month 8 but like the new plan better do you have to complete the 12 and start again?

Both of those scenarios have significant downsides (have to complete vs swapped out whether you like it or not). Have you thought through this completely? If not is that why y'all are having trouble making it clear? You have had over a year to better explain this....

Nimvind

Dirgesinger Bard of Sarlona
There is no "Year 1" and "Year 2" in regard to the VIP Loyalty Reward program. This is a VIP log in reward program that awards something once per month and currently has 12 months of benefits before it cycles back to the first reward. While the list of rewards will change over time, this isn't a yearly calendar style list.
Will there be new trails and mounts as the years come and go or will these stack in some way?

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
So yet another mountain to climb for new players? I don't like where this is going.

Players asked that they be rewarded for being VIP for an extended period of time. This system accomplishes that. I love where this is headed actually. The same $99/yr adds more value based on the number of years you continue to pay/play.

It sounds/seems like they plan to continue to provide additional benefits past month 12, but it likely depends on the number of new VIPs they get/retain as a result of this new system.

KylerrTheMajty

Players asked that they be rewarded for being VIP for an extended period of time. This system accomplishes that. I love where this is headed actually. The same $99/yr adds more value based on the number of years you continue to pay/play.

It sounds/seems like they plan to continue to provide additional benefits past month 12, but it likely depends on the number of new VIPs they get/retain as a result of this new system.
new system is lame so they will not get MANY new vip's

i realy understand that they cant add everthing that ppl want bc it would be too op but they atleast could tune it down or take some of the ideas...
and this looks like they didnt even border to check what ppl was suggesting

Cordovan

Community Manager
Sorry, folks, I spoke incorrectly based on not being up to speed on a point of the VIP Loyalty Reward program, and I want to correct that now:

The VIP Loyalty Reward Program does indeed continue on past the 12th reward; the plan is to continue to add to the reward list over time. So, once you've acquired the 12th reward, you will be eligible for the 13th reward the following month.

Sturmbb

I get it, but I don't find being part of a club valuable enough to pay for it. It seems like circular logic: I pay to join a club that gives me the right to join the club by paying for it. I appreciate the invite, but the club has to interest me beyond being a club. Outside of HC season, DDO just isn't giving me the rush of dopamine I've become addicted to.
I am in the same boat. At the moment i am logging in every day to claim my daily gold roll. I will probably keep my subscription activatte. The only bad thing is. Any rewards were its a single use only, I wont really benefit from as i don't play on live. So I'll claim the reward on live but not use it. The Mount and Lightning cosmetic does sound good though, so ill be able to use that on HC. I'm assuming once you have claimed the mount and lightning cosmetic they will be available on all toons on all servers.

Even though HC has just ended im really looking forward to the next one. I did try playing on Live, but it just felt awful. No challenge and any TR's joining your pug just absolutely ruins the experience. I honestly can't see the appeal in TRing and becoming that powerful the content on the game becomes trivial.

The Narc

new system is lame so they will not get MANY new vip's

i realy understand that they cant add everthing that ppl want bc it would be too op but they atleast could tune it down or take some of the ideas...
and this looks like they didnt even border to check what ppl was suggesting
Thats fine then i will have what other s dont

Shear-buckler

Ofcourse you love it, you are already VIP and you will be ahead of the curve relative to new player literally until the servers shut down.

At least it explains why the bonuses are so bad, new players in a few years would be at a major disadvantage if the bonuses were good and stacked up a few years.

Reactions: woq

The Narc

Ofcourse you love it, you are already VIP and you will be ahead of the curve relative to new player literally until the servers shut down.

At least it explains why the bonuses are so bad, new players in a few years would be at a major disadvantage if the bonuses were good and stacked up a few years.
And even better VIP’s will be getting stuff like discovery bonuses for free that FTP players will have to buy. Sounds like a great plan for loyalty rewards.

Ahpuch

Sorry, folks, I spoke incorrectly based on not being up to speed on a point of the VIP Loyalty Reward program, and I want to correct that now:

The VIP Loyalty Reward Program does indeed continue on past the 12th reward; the plan is to continue to add to the reward list over time. So, once you've acquired the 12th reward, you will be eligible for the 13th reward the following month.
That will make more sense. But you better get on it. It took over 13 months from from when this was proposed to get the first 12 months. You need to get the next 12 in no more than 12 months.

Ahpuch

Anyone can sign up and get in on the same level as existing VIPs. Not certain what you are complaining about.

The Narc

Anyone can sign up and get in on the same level as existing VIPs. Not certain what you are complaining about.
They are complaining because they dont like the idea of a two tier society in DDO, all hail the VIP’s we subscribe and we are proud of it and we are thankful for all the extras we get for our status as such VIP’s permanently.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If you start VIP in june you will never catch up to current VIPs.
Other than cosmetics and what, a 1% loot increase, there's nothing to catch up too nor care about on that front. That's like saying you'll never catch the person who did HC season 1 because they got a cloak. Unless SSG puts something OP in the offerings, then it doesn't matter; the 1% loot boost is okay, but hardly relevant overall.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Shear-buckler

They are complaining because they dont like the idea of a two tier society in DDO, all hail the VIP’s we subscribe and we are proud of it and we are thankful for all the extras we get for our status as such VIP’s permanently.
Nope, that's not it. I love the idea of a two tier society in DDO that you can pay to access.

I am complaining because I think this new system will not make people excited to spend money on the game. You think that is fine and even like it because it will make you feel more special, so I guess we just have different priorities.

Shear-buckler

Other than cosmetics and what, a 1% loot increase, there's nothing to catch up too nor care about on that front. That's like saying you'll never catch the person who did HC season 1 because they a cloak. Unless SSG puts something OP in the offerings, then it doesn't matter; the 1% loot boost is okay, but hardly relevant overall.

Yes I just made that point, the bonuses are really bad because the "rolling schedule" would otherwise create a massive cliff between early adopters and new subs a few years down the road.

Ahpuch

If you start VIP in june you will never catch up to current VIPs.
Start in May then. It would be your choice to fall behind by waiting. Complaining about that is looking to be aggrieved.

Not to mention you are falling behind in something that you think has no value so what is the complaint about?