SSG: Time to reel in 18/1/1 builds

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Embrace the wide variety of builds and have fun with it. One of DDO's big strength over other games out there is the massive number of builds we can do. Lots of classes already do pure 20 well, I'd love to see a sorc 18/1/1 nuke build that's desirable. If you don't enjoy 18/1/1 builds, don't make them and don't let them join your party; problem solved?

TavernBrawler

A 1 level splash will never be as effective. This is part of multiclassing. That said i can't really argue against increasing ml per class or the number of class levels required for some abilities.
Please stop name-calling and quarrelling with other people. 1 level of warlock gives you +20 melee power, 1 level of FvS gives you trance, 1 level of dark apostate gives you..I can go on and on. Point is with the current state of capstone taking 1 level gives you more than the capstones. 18/1/1 is far better and its a no-brainer.

droid327

Please stop name-calling and quarrelling with other people. 1 level of warlock gives you +20 melee power, 1 level of FvS gives you trance, 1 level of dark apostate gives you..I can go on and on. Point is with the current state of capstone taking 1 level gives you more than the capstones. 18/1/1 is far better and its a no-brainer.
Plenty of builds have competitive capstones. Some do need a rework, but not every capstone needs to be absolutely must-take.

Warlock only gives 20 mp at cap. Plenty of other class and universal sources for trance, and imbues are also fairly ubiquitous and not super powerful.

It's hardly automatic

Jummby

18/1/1 has no place in D&D and same in DDO. There are strict dual and multi-class rules for a reason and you have been careless about it. Capstones for most classes are p*ss-poor and outright trash for some of them. For once, do something about this and bring this game closer to D&D.
I haven't been playing any 18/1/1 builds. If it's working for people, who cares.

Haven't we all had enough of nerfs and reigning stuff in?