Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If they put it on all difficulties people would be complaining that they can't enjoy their heroic n/h/e quest because the event mobs are too hard. Any choice SSG made will be wrong one to someone.
^ I wrote this based off the email that said reaper mode before things went live and we found out that the event champs exist for all difficulties. And now 2 days later, there's multiple threads about people upset that the event mobs are too hard. Some things about DDO are pretty easy to predict.

Stimulus

Before I had my driver's license, I didn't have my driver's license. So I was sad. I was also a bit mad that many of my friends had drivers' licenses.

"Driving isn't just for people with driver's licenses!" I would often mutter.

But it was.

Then one day my friend told me a secret. He said, "Hey, did you know that you can get your driver's license, too? It's perfectly legal!"

"Wow!" I thought.

So I told my friend, "But I've never tried getting my license before. I feel I would prefer not to get one. What if I don't like it?"

So my friend said, "That's OK, but at least you can try it. Maybe also someday you will need it, and it will be OK because you already have it."

"Wow!" I thought.

So I got my license. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Also, it's nice to know that if I really need to, I can drive somewhere.

For example, to buy an onion.

S

Last edited:

Gyuma Bei

Those are Nautiloids. They're part of Spelljammer IP, so I assume SSG bought rights to use the lot of it, and we're going to space soon.
Meanwhile, Neverwinter (that other MMO) actually announced Spelljammer content. I have friends and acquaintances who stopped playing Neverwinter that went back just from hearing this. If this IS a prelude to Spelljammer in DDO, smart marketing would have been just to state it from the get-go.

On a related note: Nautiloids aren't exclusive to Spelljammer, as they are also prominent in the Forgotten Realms/Realmspace (which is why they were a key plot element in Baldur's Gate 3). https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Nautiloid

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Expecting a new set of Invasion Points in the next hour or so. I will not be streaming today, but will do what I can to coordinate efforts via the discord, forum posts, and streamers.

I will be streaming Sunday as well, no later than 4pm eastern but will try to get on around 11:30am eastern instead for the start of Phase 3 assuming there will be another 2 day time gate.

Good luck Phase 2 hunters!

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Expecting a new set of Invasion Points in the next hour or so. I will not be streaming today, but will do what I can to coordinate efforts via the discord, forum posts, and streamers.

I will be streaming Sunday as well, no later than 4pm eastern but will try to get on around 11:30am eastern instead for the start of Phase 3 assuming there will be another 2 day time gate.

Good luck Phase 2 hunters!
On this note, may I make a request of the Phase 2 hunters? If you post a new location to this thread, moving forward, could I ask that you also clarify if you saw any Illithid Vanguards? These only appear in some of the locations, and I'm trying to work out which ones.

healertank

On this note, may I make a request of the Phase 2 hunters? If you post a new location to this thread, moving forward, could I ask that you also clarify if you saw any Illithid Vanguards? These only appear in some of the locations, and I'm trying to work out which ones.
Pretty sure the Vanguards are summoned by them if left alone long enough as others have witnessed.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Also, to clarify, I don't believe Omryn's text to change today. Its set up so it doesn't have to. So I'm doubting we're get any sort of 'phase 2 has started' notification.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Also, to clarify, I don't believe Omryn's text to change today. Its set up so it doesn't have to. So I'm doubting we're get any sort of 'phase 2 has started' notification.
I'd wait 40 minutes and then see, as that'll be 48 hours after the launch of the event.

healertank

I didn't actually play yesterday because I didn't want to level and potential miss discovering any... then realized... wow that's kinda bad that I didn't want to play just to have a small hope to discover one... I did get to fight 1 and enjoyed it but not enough to justify not playing the game I use for enjoyment and pain control. Anyway, good,bad, ugly.. event is what it is and won't matter much in a week. Hope everyone can at least get to fight one that cares too before event is over.

Ahpuch

The text doesn't have to change or the new spawns to be announced but it would be far better if it did. 2 days from event started is pretty vague for most players who won't know when the servers came back on line. I hope the devs are better than that.

But likely you are correct. Its been over 48 hours by my estimation and no text change.

healertank

Saw someone say invitation to dinner had a mindflayer but unconfirmed and post was removed shortly after. Going to try checking myself.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Saw someone say invitation to dinner had a mindflayer but unconfirmed and post was removed shortly after. Going to try checking myself.

I saw that too, was edited, they were talking about champs being in that quest.

Which is a bit of a lore misstep in my opinion. Or non-eberron areas are actually on the table for the event. (not that we should be not checking those anyway, but lore wise makes sense)