Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Ahpuch

They appear to be integrated with the skybox and thus will always appear distant.
Until they are not* Bwahaahaa o_O

* they will no longer be distant and "integrated with the skybox" when the event completes and the sky returns to normal. Any inference that they would descend and swallow your brain is the fault of the reader and their inflated hopes. Offer void in Nevada and Quatar.

h46av8r

Have the Illithid been appearing mostly sort of the main path of these quests or does it seem like we need to search off the beaten path / optional areas / every nook and cranny of quests to find them?

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Have the Illithid been appearing mostly sort of the main path of these quests or does it seem like we need to search off the beaten path / optional areas / every nook and cranny of quests to find them?
So far, most of the Illithids have been off the beaten track, but not outrageously so. A couple have been in optional fights that usually get skipped.

healertank

It's all just really a conspiracy to make us spend tons of time running every optional and do quests that we normal skip or finish in 2 to 4 mins flat. SSG devs got complaints from all those optional monsters they got bored waiting for heros to show up or when they rarely do they just run right by so fast they get whiplash.

PersonMan

Until they are not* Bwahaahaa o_O

* they will no longer be distant and "integrated with the skybox" when the event completes and the sky returns to normal. Any inference that they would descend and swallow your brain is the fault of the reader and their inflated hopes. Offer void in Nevada and Quatar.
Soon™?

Pilbie

Just in case no one actually tried. No, a failed teleport does not land you on one of the Mindflayer's airships!

I tried (and ready to fight on my 18thlv 1st life Wizard!) but you end up underneath them and above the cities normal ship traffic.

Oh well! I hoped to find something new! Hope everyone else keeps poking about in the odd nooksfor whatever one might find!

I posted it here cause not sure where else it would go.

screenshot!
Rumor has it that if you do manage to land on one, it will drop you off in the wilderness near Moonhaven.

DDO Gaming

Ok so the difficulty level seems to have been increased 1 level. Ok having completed VON in a team R4 is now R5 and firetraps can instakill (I had no idea they even existed). The psionics are difficult though reducing the level to R3 seems to have made a substantial difference.

Oh and there are flying octopuses in the red sky. very nice :) 👍

Kathwynn

The quests will be... the event is any level.. see my above picture done ON HEROIC difficulty level 5 quest on reaper lvl 7. Small problem is only level 5 and 20 base so how would legendary level 32 characters even run it on reaper??!?? can only do reaper on 4 levels over base in heroic and 6 over base in epic+
And again why bother with an event that people that are not at that level are going to be able to do. This event is one that is not for everyone in the end. It is pointless. Unless you have a toon at the 30+ all the running around is just chasing your tail is for no real purpose.

SSG should have reconsidered this idea before pulling the trigger on it.

vryxnr

And again why bother with an event that people that are not at that level are going to be able to do. This event is one that is not for everyone in the end. It is pointless. Unless you have a toon at the 30+ all the running around is just chasing your tail is for no real purpose.

SSG should have reconsidered this idea before pulling the trigger on it.
Because time is linear and one day if those who are not at that level yet continue to play this game they will eventually be there, and when they do, these new quests will be there waiting for them to enjoy.

And some people actually enjoy the "grind" of searching for the spawn points, and even enjoy the simple change in atmosphere the "event" gives.

Heck, some people even enjoy the change up in champions/challenge.

I do agree there should be an easier way to opt out though. I do NOT agree that it is "pointless".

Ahpuch

... Unless you have a toon at the 30+ all the running around is just chasing your tail is for no real purpose.
This is a value statement for you. Others may enjoy participating and not require the ability to immediately access the opened quests. The Journey not the Destination and all that. But at least you stopped saying that only Level 32 characters can participate so that is refreshing.

DDO Gaming

This is a value statement for you. Others may enjoy participating and not require the ability to immediately access the opened quests. The Journey not the Destination and all that. But at least you stopped saying that only Level 32 characters can participate so that is refreshing.
Its brilliant fun BUT you really need to want some level of challenge to appreciate it. And not freakout if you get instakilled

Owlbear

I hope the Mindflayers will show up in bigger numbers the coming days. Maybe even have them spawn randomly in every Reaper quest like the hounds on Hardcore.

DDO Gaming

I hope the Mindflayers will show up in bigger numbers the coming days. Maybe even have them spawn randomly in every Reaper quest like the hounds on Hardcore.
It would be pretty impressive if the flying octopusses landed on the marketplace and mindflayers started streaming out

JaynChar2019

It's all just really a conspiracy to make us spend tons of time running every optional and do quests that we normal skip or finish in 2 to 4 mins flat. SSG devs got complaints from all those optional monsters they got bored waiting for heros to show up or when they rarely do they just run right by so fast they get whiplash.
Well thats one way to stop zerging

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Champs dont spawn in raids, with the exception of KT.

Technically champs don't actually matter. only reaper does, but thematically it'd make less sense. and KT being a spawn point wouldn't make much sense either due to how had it is to get to.