ICONIC SUN ELF

i think it loops back to the pnp sun elves being an int race.
no idea why sun elf was choosen other then they canonically worship a fearun god and are native forgotten realms race.

Memnir

IMHO, SSG has kinda bungled the whole Iconics thing. Bladeforged should have been Fighters, Sun Elves wizards, Tieflings Warlocks or Sorcerers, etc.

They're hammering their round BIG IDEAS into square cannon racial standards, instead of doing things that make actual sense.

unbongwah

Any Idea if they are gonna fix sun elf core enhancement to match cleric stats
It's been over a decade since Morninglord came out with no major changes to the tree IIRC so I'm gonna go with "no."

I wish Bladeforged had started as fighter and PDK started as paladin but what can you do (besides pay for a +1 Lesser Heart of Wood)?

With their track record, the Iconic dwarf will be...sorcerer.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Any Idea if they are gonna fix sun elf core enhancement to match cleric stats since they begin as cleric and get turn undead abilities but no stat boost for them no wisdom or chr!
Lots of these iconics are based around the idea you'll use +1 hearts. Most recent the shadar kai with the chain update.

I do wish they would look into this tree a bit however. Ignoring the non-sense going all around between the +int and dex to attack/damage with maces (lol) almost everything in the tree is very very expensive.

Coffey

Lots of these iconics are based around the idea you'll use +1 hearts. Most recent the shadar kai with the chain update.

I do wish they would look into this tree a bit however. Ignoring the non-sense going all around between the +int and dex to attack/damage with maces (lol) almost everything in the tree is very very expensive.
It is a stupid design for sure. I like the Sunburst SLA, Feytap and the +30 Radiance but yea the AP costs are redonkulous though.

Needs an AP shave for sure!

Purr

I think the company will continue to devote resources to things people haven't bought yet.

Smokewolf

Any Idea if they are gonna fix sun elf core enhancement to match cleric stats since they begin as cleric and get turn undead abilities but no stat boost for them no wisdom or chr!
What da ya mean? Iconics are WAI.

How else are you going to buy the respc-hearts from the DDO store, if not to correct your Iconic build?

l_remmie

Iconics having major flaws was a deliberate design choice. They didn't want iconics to obselete normal toons by having great racial trees and starting at 15.

Selling +1 hearts was a nice bonus.

Ssg has been overhauling older classes/trees (for better or worse) and Tonquin is fixing tiny things all over the place, so your chances are higher than ever. I'd like a thorough overhaul of sunelfs as well.

Lazuli

This race was wrong from the beginning, since in pnp the iconic thing is sun elf wizards (even the +int of the race) and also the morninglord is not an elven god.

Many iconics have strange combinations that seem designed to sell +1 hearts, but sun elf is the worst of them all.

However, I think they should not remove these stats (+dex and +int), because they are those of the race. Let them add wis, it wouldn't be the first iconic to receive an extra stat.

And a reduction in the ap cost for sure.

Coffey

The stats could be a solid 18 max with choice of CHA, WIS, INT and DEX in the cores. The tree also supports TU so why not CHA too.

This is also the only iconic tree with AA support so DEX or WIS should be an option in the cores as well.

Since i broached the arcane archer feature of this tree: how about making enchantment DCs based on the highest of WIS, CHA or INT. Also drop the AA unlock in Elven trees to 2 AP.

I just have to laugh when i look at the AP costs in tier 3 and 4. LOL.

A couple of AOE attacks incorporated in AA would be an awesome add too!

Onyxia2016

It's been over a decade since Morninglord came out with no major changes to the tree IIRC so I'm gonna go with "no."

I wish Bladeforged had started as fighter and PDK started as paladin but what can you do (besides pay for a +1 Lesser Heart of Wood)?

With their track record, the Iconic dwarf will be...sorcerer.

Now I really want to see a Dwarf Sorcerer. 🤪

warlock player

IMHO, SSG has kinda bungled the whole Iconics thing. Bladeforged should have been Fighters, Sun Elves wizards, Tieflings Warlocks or Sorcerers, etc.

They're hammering their round BIG IDEAS into square cannon racial standards, instead of doing things that make actual sense.
I mean if you are a ddo veteran this is all too normal;

Iconic races are for you to spend turbine points to +1 LR this is given.
Iconic races with their classes can never be as good as(ok here exception gnome wizzies, who owned stuff at one point, but I personally don't like the focus on illu i think this is silly) normal race playing class.

Staying on this line of thinking, archetypes also are just a scam, for you to spend money on exp pots.

Sun elves got the aesthetics thou, so you can roll a pretty priestess and sit back and be pretty!!

Also lately the shadar kai swash barb i guess