Did They Ever Release the "New VIP Bonuses" ?

Khurse

I just remembered (as my sub renewed) that they scrapped the old VIP bonus gold rolls, because it cost them too much, but they were going to replace them with something.

Did they ever release the new "something" or did they decide it "wasn't ready yet" and they'll totally release it someday?

Basically just curious if we're actually getting new VIP bonuses or if it was just a "The VIPS are upset, let's tell them something so they'll stop complaining" thing.

ForeverZero

I just remembered (as my sub renewed) that they scrapped the old VIP bonus gold rolls, because it cost them too much, but they were going to replace them with something.

Did they ever release the new "something" or did they decide it "wasn't ready yet" and they'll totally release it someday?

Basically just curious if we're actually getting new VIP bonuses or if it was just a "The VIPS are upset, let's tell them something so they'll stop complaining" thing.
Only thing i really subbed to was daily golds for TR'ing. After they took it away i kinda stopped being vip again.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I imagine Update 60 is going to include the pre-order bonuses for Vecna Unleashed (or possibly Vecna Unleashed itself, as it's a mini-expansion and those tend to be easier to add) and they'll implement these along with that. That means a probable time frame of late June or July, maybe early August.

PaleFox

They're working on an incentive program for staying vip for longer and logging in daily if I got the explaining of the perks right.

ACJ97F

With out-of-class Archetypes adding TR's and not Iconic-able, lackluster VIP, and funky design changes... most of our guild won't go VIP.
Definitely not paying for a monthly system to get bad carrots. Blizzard tried that on OW2, and look at how fast they hemorrhaged players.
[They lost 18 million players in 6 months.]

Sound familiar... nonsensical and grind-inducing game changes, with a "pass"? )

Last edited:

Owlbear

The daily gold roll was never a VIP perk. It was a temporary bonus till the end of 2022 because they reworked some of the F2P stuff. Some races and classes that used to be VIP became F2P. To make up for that to the players already subbed they added the daily gold dice roll. It was never going to be there forever. So wouldn't expect anything new until the new VIP program arrives.

Tanis

I seriously hope they went back to the drawing board with those perks

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Yeah, I think they said mid-year, but haven't heard anything about it for a long while now.

TrinityTurtle

Take this with a grain of salt (or spice of your choice) becuase I hvaen't been following this that closely, but my undrestanding is the benefit they are scrapping is the daily dice and we won't see the new monthly gift stuff until the dice are gone.

T.O.

Take this with a grain of salt (or spice of your choice) becuase I hvaen't been following this that closely, but my undrestanding is the benefit they are scrapping is the daily dice and we won't see the new monthly gift stuff until the dice are gone.
You are saying that the daily silver roll has to go to get this underwhelmingly new vip program? This is as out of touch as the new locked chest, trap, door symbols.

Smokewolf

The only reason I still have my subscription is that I've always believed that it was worth supporting the game I play most.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the DDO store, nor do I care for game-mechanics that require players to use it. (Aug / Sent toolkits) If you think about it, the only reason HC season is even a thing, is that the store is making $$$ hand-over-fist during that time. Consequently, the main servers population takes an immediate nosedive, making having a subscription increasingly pointless for those that remain.

Side note: The Dev's failure to properly & and quickly address the VIP issue will have a significant (negative) impact on grouping viability. Can't imagine how DDO must appear to new players that log in during HC season, only to find no one to play with.

-Smoke

TrinityTurtle

You are saying that the daily silver roll has to go to get this underwhelmingly new vip program? This is as out of touch as the new locked chest, trap, door symbols.
I"M not saying it has to, I'm saying that is what I understood to be happening from the things I read. If I'm wrong, someone please update me. :)

mpetty0226

Honestly don't think they care about it anymore, it's been so long now, they probably hope we will forget about it.