FPS degrading with each subsequent quest.

Redoubt

My guild has been discussing what were are seeing today. Without swapping characters we are getting FPS drop with each new quest we go to. Could be zone swaps, not sure yet.

For example: I restarted my client in argynvostholt and my framerate went to 120 where i have it capped. I lost 30-40 per quest and was back down to mid 60s by watcherhaus. No reboot to the computer, only the client. The client is taking a long time to shut down much like i had swapped a lot of characters. I've been able to recreate this multiple times.

My guildmates are seeing the same thing.
180 then 120 in a second quest.
320, 195, 135 by third quest.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The FPS dip seems to be the same "memory leak" issue (or something similar) that normal happens when logging between a bunch of alts where one has to relaunch the app. But now it happens every time one zones/goes thru a load screen. Do a few quests (or swap between areas) and the FPS will dip lower and lower each time.

edit: it's so bad. Having to relaunch the game every few quests to "fix" things isn't my idea of fun.
I personally saw it too. And the community discord has people talking about the issue left and right.

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien
It was quite disorienting when I was running "Through the Tuly woods" today, which is the one where you go through a lot of loading screens as your walk through mushrooms. I thought it was just some weird shimmer effect for that quest, but it persisted through to the next quest. When I restarted the client everything then felt normal.

Lichcrak

Ditto, was fine for like an hour then it just got terrible, restarted and working good now but watching base frame rate is steadily going down as I play

Wel

Having the same issue - on Thelanis. Never had this happen before the update. Same thing was happening to the folks I grouped with this evening.

Something I noticed - relogging didn't help, however restarting client did seem to completely clear it - at least temporarily, then it starts slowly losing FPS again over time. I wasn't switching alts either - always on my main.

Became noticeable for me after about 30 minutes of play, and was pretty much unbearable after about an hour.
Was moving fairly fast through level 13-15 quests - so many transitions between quests.

Fauxknight

Couldn't figure out what the issue was, but by our 5th dungeon it was bad enough to quit fir the night. Knowing that restarting the client fixes it helps, but gonna be super annoying restarting the client every few quests.

Monkey_Archer

After intentionally tanking my client by zoning in and out of a tavern ~100 times, it appears not to be system resource related. CPU and GPU temperatures are all normal, system and graphics card memory usage remains stable, no additional CPU threads created, etc... just frame rate and client performance goes down per zone in.

So on the bright side, at least the issue doesn't appear to be frying my computer. I'd guess some script was added to the on_zone_into_instance code that never gets turned off on zone out... or something like that...

Yeah same issue happened to me. I noticed after a few quest that my camera movement seemed slow and kept trying to fix it, then after finishing running saltmarsh noticed the game was super choppy and laggy. Restarted my client fully and it was back to being smooth again. Might be some sort of memory leak with instances are not fully getting cleaned up.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Same thing here. Was getting some fairly decent stutter/jagged movement after several missions. I exited, logged back in and dropped my graphics settings a bit and FPS were up (from 39 fps which was twitchy/shaky up to a smooth 130-140 (in the Snapping Line Inn). It almost felt like a mouse latency issue at first. Will have mess with it later to see if the same degradation happens after a few missions.

Dielzen

MY framerate is just fine, but I'm noticing some weird issue with mouse movement. When holding down the right-button and scrolling left/right, I'm barely turning. But on my box account on the same computer, mouse speed is normal.

droid327

Ill also add my name to the list, I noticed a considerable falloff in framerate and input responsiveness that made me have to restart the client several times