FPS degrading with each subsequent quest.

Finngon

Can confirm both frame rate drop and mouse sensitivity feeling off.

Normally running at 120-144 fps. After 7 or so quests, the frame rate was already below 50.

axel15810

Yep, this is definitely a thing. Was testing on my stream, FPS seems to degrade about .5 to 1 frame every time you enter an instance. I was able to get mine down to sub 10 FPS in House P.

Devs here's video of me testing this with the in game FPS counter, start watching around the 1 hour 30 mins mark. Just entered and exited one of the House P shops repeatedly.

Abax11

having the same issues, noted first with mouse latency thinking was a problem with my mouse sensitivity, Fixed after resetting client

Rincewind

Not completely related, but I read somewhere that there are some issues with the game if you play at too high fps, something like micro stutters or lost frames... anyone knows anything about it?

Kyrr

Not completely related, but I read somewhere that there are some issues with the game if you play at too high fps, something like micro stutters or lost frames... anyone knows anything about it?
This issue has to do with RAM/memory leaks.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
What does the taskmanager have as your client memory size? And are you all running 64 bit client or 32? And what operating system? Windows 11 2h23? Windows 10, 7? etc? Amd or nvidia?

dur

aka Cybersquirt
My guild has been discussing what were are seeing today. Without swapping characters we are getting FPS drop with each new quest we go to. Could be zone swaps, not sure yet.

For example: I restarted my client in argynvostholt and my framerate went to 120 where i have it capped. I lost 30-40 per quest and was back down to mid 60s by watcherhaus. No reboot to the computer, only the client. The client is taking a long time to shut down much like i had swapped a lot of characters. I've been able to recreate this multiple times.

My guildmates are seeing the same thing.
180 then 120 in a second quest.
320, 195, 135 by third quest.
All I know is my CPU base memory for this game at login to toon was 1.3GB, (knew I had 4-5 logins [toon logins] before restart @ 2.8) now it's 1.8Gb @ start! Last week started the problem an now it's way worse: I thought my mouse was buggered! IDK what the problem is. I run with min graphics and it still nackered. The old problem of "memory leaks" has gotten worse.

Last edited:

Krallark

I have this problem as well. FPS dropped over time to about a third of what they normally are. Also, I had to reset the mouse look speed back to a usable level. The update must have set it to zero.

glass_jaws

Yeah mouse movements are driving me crazy. I can turn up my sensitivity and get around it a bit, but then a restart and my sensitivity is almost seizure inducing.

I am having to restart the client every 3 or so quests otherwise I feel like Im moving in mud.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Same issue. Also had my mouselook set to 10 for some reason, went and fixed it manually.

I wonder if this is related to their 'main menu' fix?

I know I keep saying they are trying to introduce more lag to get everyone to quit the game but come on now, that is too obvious.