FPS degrading with each subsequent quest.

Kessaran

Then by all mean don't. There are many who would. Move along nothing for you here.
I mean, let's be honest for a minute though. Lam servers are up for 48 hours. How much stuff gets fixed? Specifically bugs, not changing of simple damage numbers. If they don't listen during the designated "Hey, test this so we can listen and fix things" periods, what makes you think they will listen if people are ALWAYS going to be finding that stuff? Besides Tonquin, we like Tonquin.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
unning the anniversary quest feels really bad, though part of it is the water fountain in the main lobby, which for some reason brings fps from 180-300 down to 30 or so whenever I'm facing it. It's not the only water effect in the game that does that, either.
I wish they would just take the fountain out. Put an "under construction" sign there. Instead, it's year after year of no progress, same problems.

Hobgoblin

Then by all mean don't. There are many who would. Move along nothing for you here.
You aren't my real dad you can't tell me what to do. I have been here 17 years now and I have seen their response go down and down and down in terms of actually doing things. I love the people in this game and something keeps me here ( maybe addiction but we aren't getting into that ) , and if I thought it would do good I would happily share my thoughts on the preview server but when you see a bug, you report a bug and then it goes live that really shakes your faith to the core

Last edited:

Anty

I didn't notice framerate changing, i was respec'ing my ED's, not questing, but I had the same mouse issue as Dielzen. Glad to know I'm not alone and it's probably not MY new mouse. I'll be watching out for the frame drop tonight, probably just kill the client between raids.

Blametroi

i know fps is the obvious symptom but dndclient64.exe is leaking memory. i also have an orphan dndclient64.exe process after quitting one account and logging in another and then going back to the original account.

Jomee

My guild has been discussing what were are seeing today. Without swapping characters we are getting FPS drop with each new quest we go to. Could be zone swaps, not sure yet.

For example: I restarted my client in argynvostholt and my framerate went to 120 where i have it capped. I lost 30-40 per quest and was back down to mid 60s by watcherhaus. No reboot to the computer, only the client. The client is taking a long time to shut down much like i had swapped a lot of characters. I've been able to recreate this multiple times.

My guildmates are seeing the same thing.
180 then 120 in a second quest.
320, 195, 135 by third quest.
I noticed it immediately after Update 66.0.1 to fix ddo from randomly crashing when the menu was opened.

Putti

While you're working on this could you also look at the FPS on the login screen? I'm fairly sure it's currently unlimited as it causes 100% utilisation of the GPU. A limiter on it would be nice :)

Owlbear

As mentioned earlier, we are working to correct an issue with frame rate and will get the fix out at the earliest possibility. Since we are still investigating and working on a fix, it will not be possible for that release to be today.

Greyhawk5

Was Amorais
Thanks, thought it was just me - tried the new Explosive Situation quest and it became largely unplayable pretty quickly. Defintely looks like a memory leak. I tried reducing my screen res and lowering all my settings with no difference.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Psychologically this kind of bug is really bad for a game. Games tend to want positive reinforcement, pull a lever and get a treat (finish a quest, get XP and loot). But this bug gives positive punishment (finish a quest, have the game play worse); left too long and people will begin to associate the negative feelings with that bad performance with beating quests. If the game simply ran badly all the time then it would be better (from that perspective) for SSG.