Recent content by Dhalgren

1. Dhalgren

Jeweler's Tool Kit

And a lot of waiting time. I don't know what it's doing with all that time, but it sure takes it.
  2. Dhalgren

ccplanner.byethost14.com not working anymore - do we have a mirror for that superb cc planer?

It looks like it's back up (at least, it's working for me): http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/?i=1
  3. Dhalgren

My go to cannith crafting planner seems to be gone

It seems to be back up now, at least for me: http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/?i=1
  4. Dhalgren

Social State of the Game: In Tatters

Friday evenings seem to be a good time for that.
  5. Dhalgren

Social State of the Game: In Tatters

What you're looking for is not a system change but a social one. Good luck with that. System changes made to encourage this, such as those you suggest, would just make the divide between the long-timers and the first-lifer first-timers even greater than it is. The OP has basically been reposted...
  6. Dhalgren

Copy "Service News" items into "General Discussion".

It costs you nothing and it would vastly expand the reach of your "Service News" messages. They are relatively infrequent anyway. This would really help people know what's going to be going on. I'd venture that the vast majority of the playerbase doesn't exactly have "Service News" feeding...
  7. Dhalgren

Downtime Notice: Wednesday, January 31st 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

You seriously could not have told us that a little sooner?
  8. Dhalgren

Training dummies: why are they soft after going down once?

Oh right--I had forgotten about those. That does make some sense. In that case maybe a new separate version of the dummy which doesn't have that effect or perhaps changing one of the dummies in the Proving Grounds amenity to have the old behaviour would be doable.
  9. Dhalgren

Yeah, there are workarounds. All I'm saying is that they shouldn't be necessary. The dummies don't serve their intended purpose and never have.
  10. Dhalgren

Yeah, that does the trick; thanks! Should have thought of that. It would still be nice if the regular training dummies didn't go helpless after being downed once, though.
  11. Dhalgren

Is it just me?

I came back a couple of months ago after several years off, and while I've mostly been playing solo, the lag really hasn't seemed that bad to me on Argo so far. Maybe it's partly because I used to run with a regular group, though. Solo, it's been mostly pretty manageable. (I mean, for DDO)...
  12. Dhalgren

Second blade trap in Kind of a Big Deal

Good to know! I guess I got lucky (I was trying to stay away from the blades though, so that probably played into it).
  13. Dhalgren

Ah, OK. Perhaps that is worth mentioning. Perhaps not.
  14. Dhalgren

I'm doing my first run through this quest on EE and it seems that the second blade trap's Control Panel is a bit high for my character (gnome). I had to jump onto the lamp to get it. The trap couldn't hit me there and I could access the panel without getting the "blocked" message. I'm not sure...
  15. Dhalgren

Makes it hard to get a feel for DPS when they change how they react to damage. Is there an upside to this behaviour that I'm just missing?