Recent content by Matuse

1. Matuse

Level 1 Gear - Best Set?

I always XP gem my way from 1 to 2, because level 1 is terrible. I have some rando stuff I put on at 2 to do Elite Korthos, which is enough XP to get to 3. At 3 I switch to my official generic gearset, which works for basically every possible build imaginable, and this easily carries me to level...
  2. Matuse

Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Today I went into the game, did one quest, and then logged out. This ED update has completely poisoned my enjoyment of the game. I'll keep an eye on updates as far as the freebies this year, but I'm on an extended play break from DDO now.
  3. Matuse

Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

White on pink in the destiny hp/sp core chart is unreadable.
  4. Matuse

Update 66 Preview 2: Dragon Lord Fighter Archetype

Honestly I expected it to get a bit reduced from preview 1, but these are all solid improvements. This is going to be a beast of a class, even if it's not the greatest for thumping red/purple names compared to Kensai.
  5. Matuse

U66 Preview 2: Tumble Changes

This is actually good changes, and lets tumble function for avoiding traps.
  6. Matuse

We have a one-question survey for you!

New player experience needs a complete and massive overhaul to account for the game as it is today. UI needs to be much friendlier. All the time I see people trying the game on Twitch and they never stick around because there's too many systems and ZERO explanation for them. Also the low level...
  7. Matuse

Update 66 Preview 1 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Because hirelings can't cut it, healers are hard to find, the other healing effects are HoTs and not super strong, many melees won't have a lot of spellpoints to cast things like crazy, and finding another player to do healing is often extremely difficult, all adding up to "It's either massively...
  8. Matuse

Yes, emphatically this.
  9. Matuse

The problem with clerics

Feydark: Core1 Study The Arcane 3 Feydark Explorer 1 Core2 - Wisdom You've Got My Back 1 Reality Bulwark Core3 - Greater Color Spray. 10 AP. But if you want to go crazy, then this is what you do: Core 1 -> 5 Feydark Explorer 3 Study The Arcane 3 Reality Bulwark 3 You've Got My Back 1 Wisdom 1...
  10. Matuse

Why are Skates (frmly known as Risia Ice Sketes)

Except that without much of anywhere to use them, who would buy them? Take off the tinfoil hat.
  11. Matuse

Can multiple Imbue filigrees stack (several questions)?

The wiki does mention that weapon + artifact with the same filigree will stack, and it also mentions that this is a bug and that the devs have stated that it will be fixed. Of course, the post where they said that is from June of 2021, so who knows if they even plan on still doing it. The...
  12. Matuse

Why it's important to do your silver rolls every day...

Yes, I'm familiar with it. The funny thing is that the results text in chat said "Uncommon prize". I guess rare is 10 sunflasks.
  13. Matuse

Why it's important to do your silver rolls every day...

Got this just now on a 100. Still in shock.
  14. Matuse

Elieri at level 3 is really good, can keep you alive up to around level 8, then you switch to Nimeth who doesn't so much heal as nuke the entire dungeon into oblivion but can also do downtime heals by manually selecting it. She's good up until about 15 when you switch to Larafey until 20.
  15. Matuse

Pre-20, hirelings are good enough to do healing. Post-20, they explode if an NPC looks at them funny.