Recent content by MisterVan

1. MisterVan

Can't attack for a couple seconds after using AoE ranged attacks with crossbows

Mine was deep gnome, and I'm using Mechanic T5's which provide alacrity for all crossbow styles except dual-shooting. My results were the same between repeating and great crossbow.
  2. MisterVan

FPS degrading with each subsequent quest.

I knew something felt off with mouselook sensitivity. Running the anniversary quest feels really bad, though part of it is the water fountain in the main lobby, which for some reason brings fps from 180-300 down to 30 or so whenever I'm facing it. It's not the only water effect in the game that...
  3. MisterVan

Can't attack for a couple seconds after using AoE ranged attacks with crossbows

Here is a quick little recording to show what I mean: video In the video, I am holding left click to keep attacking, then I use Shadowstrike (ranged). Afterward, my character stops attacking for about 2 full seconds before resuming. In the past, this sort of issue has manifested as the ranged...
  4. MisterVan

Shadow Dragon Breath (Energy Vortex) casts Fire version instead

Looks like this got borked again: What I know: The buff name says it is the fire version It is actually dealing fire damage instead of negative What I don't know: Is this only for the energy vortex upgrade? Does it happen to other elements? Or is this an issue with all the Shadow Dragon...
  5. MisterVan

Update 66 Preview 1 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Even just splitting them up by the destiny spheres could help break up the discussions. There's quite a lot to discuss in this single thread.
  6. MisterVan

2024 just began and this is THE QoL fix of the year. Thank you!
  7. MisterVan

The answer is almost all SLAs. In my experience, all SLAs of these types have this problem: AoE Projectile (Fireball-like) Rays Bolts Cones Without a hard target, they fire in the general direction the character is facing, but they always fire at a straight angle forward regardless of whether...
  8. MisterVan

Here are some of my thoughts and feedback. Bear in mind I am not a min-maxed high reaper player with tons of past lives, but I play ~20 different characters in nearly every class. Draconic Incarnation This tree is all about spell damage. You pick an element and hyper-specialize in it. I think...
  9. MisterVan

Stormsinger core enhancements do not upgrade Lightning Strike damage dice

Yeah, I couldn't find a good way to tell what CL it's proccing at. It's definitely above 20, and I don't think it's based on the CL of the spell that sourced it, but that's just an assumption. Based on the math, if Enhanced Bolt I was working, the 1d6+2 scaling should still have provided a...
  10. MisterVan

Stormsinger core enhancements do not upgrade Lightning Strike damage dice

Reposting from the Tonquin thread, this time with better math (Thanks to The Blonde for catching that). In a shellnut, the core enhancements in the Stormsinger tree are supposed to upgrade the damage dice on its Lightning Strike proc. It starts at 1d6 per CL, and is supposed to upgrade all the...
  11. MisterVan

Hey Tonquin!

Good catch on the spellpower, I'll make the revisions and follow up there.
  12. MisterVan

Hey Tonquin!

I've mentioned this before, but bringing it up here with some actual numbers. The Stormsinger core enhancements (Enhanced Bolt I, Enhanced Bolt II, Master of Storms capstone) do not seem to increase the damage die of the lightning strike at all. I did some brief testing to get some numbers...
  13. MisterVan

Crazy and Traitorous NPC Tactics

I'm not sure if they need a wage increase or therapy, but lately I've found that parked hires have been quickly abandoning their post to run face-first into certain death for seemingly no reason...
  14. MisterVan

Dire Charge (Epic Strike) and Shadow Jaunt (Shadar-kai) Share a Cooldown

On a semi-related note, both Shadar-Kai Shadow Phase & Shadow Jaunt go on cooldown when either one is used; is that intentional? The descriptions do not mention them sharing a cooldown. If they're not supposed to share a cooldown, I hope your change fixes that behavior as well. If they were...
  15. MisterVan

Drifting Lotus

Okay, got back to the airship and fiddled around a bit. I reset my enhancements and started seeing the second hit. After spending points bit by bit and retesting, it is the Henshin Mystic Capstone, which sort of makes sense because it does provide the 15% attack speed. That second hit does...