Recent content by PurpleSerpent

1. P

R1 Skeletons always freezes at end, anyone else?

I find that most quests have a lag period at the end (this may be my connection), but I believe the issue is exacerbated in raids like Skeletons where, in addition to generating raid loot for a full party, the game has to work out whether you earned the optional end chest(s) or not.
  2. P

DDOwiki now arbitrarily opens new tabs

Alright, that makes more sense. Thank you for clarifying. On that note: we now believe the issue with Google AdSense opening adverts in the middle of tables should be resolved. We're still not sure what's going on with tabs auto-opening - I've tested browsing while logged out and couldn't...
  3. P

Red wizards of thay pack

Yes, they're the pack's main villains according to the Producer's Letter. I think this thread is asking for them to appear outside of the expansion.
  4. P

OK, update time: we don't know why this is happening. Our site owner has already switched the amount of advertisements back to the minimum (which still hasn't fixed the adverts in tables issue) and Google Advertising Services claims that it doesn't allow adverts to open in new tabs without being...
  5. P

Oh, for pity's sake... that's only started happening after the change that was supposed to fix the issue, I'd better get back in contact... (Why are you like this, Google Ad Services?)
  6. P

The site owner has got back to us on the advert issues - apparently Google's ad server has started turning on the "automatic" advert settings without our permission. The issue should hopefully be fixed by the end of this weekend.
  7. P

Argo just crashed

That's... not how this works? SSG basically never force-reset a server purely because of performance issues, because people hate it when the servers get shut down without warning. And it's not like Argonessen hasn't been having performance issues lately either.
  8. P

Non-proficiency penalties for Orbs

As far as I am aware, as they're treated as shields but have no Armor Check Penalty, wielding an orb with which you are not proficient doesn't actually have any negative effects. It certainly won't have any effect on your main hand weapon. (I've updated the page to clarify this - I believe that...
  9. P

Patron coffers should always be available

I mean, to be honest, the fact that SSG have only released two Coffers so far and they've already brought the first one back for a limited time is kind of an indicator that fear of missing out wasn't really driving the sales of these as much as they might have expected, so this would make sense.
  10. P

The Anniversary Event Flop

Yes, all they're giving us is two free paid classes (which, incidentally, I believe is the plan for future archetypes, so get used to that), three free quests, an entire free expansion, a free mount and pet, two free cosmetic outfits, a free footprint effect and pair of cosmetic wings (which...
  11. P

The Anniversary Event Flop

I see the concept of deferred gratification is an unfamiliar one. The first two rewards put together are far more than we'd have got from the event than if it had just been a free giveaway right at the start. Sure, some of the later rewards are a bit less impressive, but I'd much rather have...
  12. P

celebration still on hold!?

The update is tomorrow. (Or today, I suppose, but either way that patch isn't out for another 11 hours.)
  13. P

Grandmaster of Flowers Mantle and Slippery Surface Immunity...

"Immunity to Slippery Surfaces" means you're immune to any surface that forces you to slide around or make a Balance check every few seconds to avoid trippering (Grease, Sleet Storm, slippery ice in Tomb of the Forbidden, the greased balance track in White Plume Mountain and soforth.) Anything...
  14. P

Population in recent months

This is a general long-term trend with DDO - player counts peak just after the summer expansion releases, gradually decline over the autumn and winter, reach a low point in roughly February (since very little content is typically added during December and January) and then start rising again...
  15. P

Myth Drannor - Portal?

If anything it was back in 1985, when the Mace of Saint Cuthbert turned up in the Victoria and Albert museum in a Dragon magazine adventure. If TSR's own writers started coming up with portals between Greyhawk and modern Earth back in First Edition we can hardly take umbrage to SSG mixing two...