Recent content by raesene

1. raesene

DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

No I'm no Isa, but she did tell me that the reason the server's down is that someone told Big Innes that there was a bottle of Midori in that datacentre...
  2. raesene

Surely that's an obvious one, head off down the Clansman for a Pie and a Pint!
  3. raesene

https://app.suno.ai/song/d26e1e3c-a518-479c-b76c-cb26e71ebff1 - I harnessed the vast power of the Internet to put people's feeling into song format.
  4. raesene

If we're playing guessing game, I'd say this "we have significant hardware that is not able to communicate properly" is the key phrase and my guess would be that it points to a loss of networking, which could be NICs, switches, or routers (or some combination of the three) Tricky without...
  5. raesene

Macrotechnic Tree breaks Tonquin's hammers

Ohh thanks for posting that, I wondered if I was imagining it!. Definitely had that issue, regular zero damage on Tonquin's hammer.
  6. raesene

Orien is lagging very bad now

Just played 3 quests on Orien, while the bank on our guild ship was totally unusuable (massive lag then loads of windows popping up minutes later when you're in other areas) the adventures themselves ran ok (perhaps due to fewer people being on the server due to the lag :P )
  7. raesene

Can't buy points with Paypal no more?

In case it's useful, Paypal via steam worked fine for me buying points a couple of days ago.
  8. raesene

Hardcore newbie question - Server Transfers

ahh that was it, thanks!
  9. raesene

Hardcore newbie question - Server Transfers

Are server transfers available at the moment from the hardcore server? When I log in and talk to an NPC, it says they are, but when I try to use the character transfer process (start the launcher, login , click the transfer button), I'm not seeing my hardcore character as available for transfer...
  10. raesene

Pure Summons/ solo build Warlock? Brand new player

I'm currently playing a solo warlock summoner build and it's working out pretty well (For me anyway) I'm solo'ing R1 at cap (e.g. Raveloft, Sharn, Catastrophe) and I've not died yet. The build is a combination of...
  11. raesene

About Hireling and especially paid hireling.

Without boosts, hirelings do fare pretty badly at R1 level for sure However, it is possible to get a build that works with hirelings for solo play, I'm running a warlock based on https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/the-summoner-has-been-summoned.7287/page-2 and my hirelings survive fine in...
  12. raesene

The Hardcore 9 Leaderboards are now available on DDO.com!

Yep automated "bad word" filters are notoriously false positive heavy, so much so there's a name for the problem, "The scunthorpe problem" (scunthorpe is a town in england) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem
  13. raesene

A Look at 2024, Year of the Dragon! - Producer's Letter

wooooo Myth Drannor and wild magic! Really looking forward to that combo (back in my pen & paper days, the players created their own wild magic tables so we ended up with 1000 possible options when a surge occurred!)
  14. raesene

Death Smile is Recruiting for Hardcore DDO Season 9

what's the best way to get an invite for the guild? I've asked in Discord, but wasn't sure if another option was preferred.
  15. raesene

Google searches of old forum embarrassing

Technically, I'd have thought they could do some URL re-writing with a proxy server to re-direct requests to the old forum pages to the "forums-old.ddo.com" site. The URL paths look sufficiently different to make that workable. I'm kind of surprised it's not been done.