Recent content by RangerOne

1. RangerOne

Can we tweak the colors for DCs?

Geezer, my brother in poor vision, how are you? I too suffer from my mother's lineage and see about as many colors as a 1948 television broadcast. Oddly I worked with television sales a few year back and make joked about the normies able to see 1.6 billion colors. Anyway, it usually is not an...
  2. RangerOne

I want to love my owlbear hireling

Thank you kind sir or madam. That is where I began many decades ago in a place called Greyhawk. Lunches in my classroom were full of clinking dice as my students corrupted me. I then corrupted my daughters. We're all just corrupt. Sorry for the digression but you sparked a memory there.
  3. RangerOne

I want to love my owlbear hireling

I really do. Especially since (to quote Lucian Vaunt) I paid good money to get it, after all. But I can't. He wont go through doorways. He won't attack most of the time even when set to aggressive Even when he does get into battle he dies very easily. The shield guardian, on the other hand...
  4. RangerOne

What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most?

Nothing from your list. What I hate the most is the mechanism of "Even though I am clearly standing right in front of you until I activate you cannot harm me." ie The Saltmarsh Wilderness (now spreading to other areas near you.) Detest it so no slayers for areas that do this.
  5. RangerOne

Do you think DDO would loose something if it was upgraded graphically?

The current engine is capable of improved graphics. Barovia and Eveningstar look great. I think sometimes these discussions of "improved graphics" are really just design choices. Take a medium shot of a wall from DDO and (Elden Ring, Elder Scrolls) and guess what? It is still a wall. It looks...
  6. RangerOne

Ranged AOE too small of a radius

I am thoroughly enjoying the Elemental Essence AOE. Kinda makes up for the crushing disappointment of 2009 when I realized that the old Exploding Arrow was nothing of the sort, just fire damage. The 5 SP cost is so low I can spam it, Manshot and Death from Above in rotation. As to the area of...
  7. RangerOne

Pure Dark Hunter Bow

I will study this in more detail so thanks for the post. I want that level of doubleshot and ranged power. I run WIS with Falconry so I guess that is where I fall short. I can't reach 100 without DPW and never liked Horizon Walker. Back to being an archer so I need to play around a bit. Again...
  8. RangerOne

List of Quests where DDoor is Useful

I used to laugh at DDoor. How useless. Takes me back to the beginning? Ha. Then I actually started using it and it is massively useful. Used to need it to get out of the final slave lords fight, although I am happy to say I just finished it without it tonight. That's why most of my characters...
  9. RangerOne

I Have a Bugbear Stuck in My Focus Orb

Yeah, a great new feature. Went into slave lords and elf slaves overlaid everything. oddly, they were wearing tri-cornered hats. Which brings up another thing: ever notice that NPCs don't match visually when viewed in the orb? Must be part of the same routine. Thanks for the info.
  10. RangerOne

I Have a Bugbear Stuck in My Focus Orb

I am assuming it is a memory thing. Haven't logged back in yet. Came out of Tharashk Arena and finished The Prisoner. I noticed Orphene looked like the grinch. Went on to Jungles of Khyber and noticed a bugbear or a part of a bugbear overlayed on everything else the orb was on. Didn't affect...
  11. RangerOne

Time to Remove the IPS -20% Penalty

Since returning to an archer I have been spamming Elemental Essence (think that is right, the old fire arrow in arcane archer) incessantly. I don't really care about IPS anymore, Send the bird to blind the whole groups, fire AOE, Manshot, repeat. Mobs aren't even getting close to me. Probably...
  12. RangerOne

Is it worth it?

Value is what you make of it. Personally I always buy the base edition being a cheap Scottish bas...d and all that. I upgraded Shadowfell later to get the owlbear (who won't go through doorways so he's pretty useless) but that was massively off at a holiday sale. For me, neither mounts nor...
  13. RangerOne

Things to do before turning 20?

Just to reiterate and make clear what Rabidfox confirmed: take 20. All XP will stop accruing at that level, it does not roll over like previous levels. Then go back and get all your xp buffs and turn in the sagas. I've heard you can hit 24 or 25 this way although I do not have the will power to...
  14. RangerOne

New player, first life need help and some wisdom.

Slight aside before replying to the OP. I just don't get the "the game is terrible for new players" mentality. If that were true no one would play a second time. It is DnD so having at least a rudimentary knowledge of that certainly helps. The only 3.5 rules I was familiar with was Baldur's...
  15. RangerOne

Make Just Business autocomplete for 0 xp

Never had any problems, but I just run it, never use the soar sleds. Don't know if that would make a difference.