Devs, you fixing the frame rate issue?

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I think I found where the bug is located, it's in the UI somewhere. If you spam hide the UI and unhide, it progressively gets worse and worse until you restart client.
interesting..: because that's what they touched in order to fix the "ESC crash".

Altra

I was just now messing with it. I went in and out of the tavern by the Lordsmarch bank. That's all I did. Each time the FPS went lower and lower; from 210-ish at logon to 33 when I stopped.
I dunno anything about how loading screens work in the background, but it's something to also look into, I think.

pame12

I was just now messing with it. I went in and out of the tavern by the Lordsmarch bank. That's all I did. Each time the FPS went lower and lower; from 210-ish at logon to 33 when I stopped.
I dunno anything about how loading screens work in the background, but it's something to also look into, I think.
interesting..: because that's what they touched in order to fix the "ESC crash".
It's probably reloading the UI, same as how the hide/unhide works, probably that's why loading screens is causing the issue, it's rather the UI.

I also tried disabling/enabling specific parts of the UI, like opening the full map and closing it again. None did any changes, it seems purely hide/unhide is the issue.
I'm thinking it is some element, but it's not covered by the ones present in the options.

Yeah could be the ESC thing, maybe someone did a bad if check that doesn't clean up a hashmap or whatever.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Honestly think they should pick one player from the community, that one player that just knows DDO inside and out and just give him or her a job as a FULL-TIME Q/A tester.

Sure won't be the greatest pay but you get health and dental plus you get to work from home always and have to drop in team meetings every other day.

Like their only job is to play the game 50+ hours a week and look for bugs, try to mess up the client as much as possible and test new content for flaws before it get's launched.

Ostwind-Cannith

Honestly think they should pick one player from the community, that one player that just knows DDO inside and out and just give him or her a job as a FULL-TIME Q/A tester.

Sure won't be the greatest pay but you get health and dental plus you get to work from home always and have to drop in team meetings every other day.

Like their only job is to play the game 50+ hours a week and look for bugs, try to mess up the client as much as possible and test new content for flaws before it get's launched.
sign me up. I'll even get on zoom calls with pants on.

Toede

Pretty sure they have a QA team. Received an email from someone identifying themselves as such just a few days ago.

Kimbere

5fps was as low as I could get it to go.

Remember my joke the other day about coming up with a plausible way to claim that this bug could be beneficial to players and/or enable some *unintended* features to work?

Apparently it's not a joke now. Some really interesting things start happening with the queueing systems at that kind of framerate.

Lag is where the magic happens and this is "lag on demand".

It's a shame this wasn't a high enough priority for SSG to fix over the weekend.

Correction: Further testing indicates the combat numbers that continue to scroll for 60s after a large fight is entirely visual so this is probably a bit safer than something that bogged down the entire client/netcode queue.

Last edited:

Myosin

I think I found where the bug is located, it's in the UI somewhere. If you spam hide the UI and unhide, it progressively gets worse and worse until you restart client.

I just tested this, confirm that it increases the frame rate drop repeatedly hiding and unhiding the UI

Owlbear

Using the 32bit launcher in stead of the 64 at least seems to fix the slow mouse look speed issue for me.

Last edited:

Cmecu

I am wondering where this is on the priority list. Will they be focusing on this issue? Players having to keep relogging after a few quests is not realistic.
Which is also funny because isnt there still that other bug with Hit pOints? Every time you log in and out you lose like 10% of your HP? I dunno if they ever fixed that or not.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
If only QA was the highest priority... Whatever happened to that new QA person that SSG was gonna hire?
Probably went to LotRO 🙄

I also very much doubt that it's a "memory leak".

One thing I have noticed -- if I log in to only one toon and then solo (with hires), I don't seem to get the problem. Loading several characters in the same session, or playing in a group does cause it though.
I login and out of a variety of toons. I can usually do that 6ish times before memory leak has grown n I have to quit and restart. It's been a thing with this game for a long time. U66 was worse - could only switch toons 2 - 3 times before I'm looking at 3GB of memory in use - but the patch helped.. or, whatever.

I get it soloing with zero hires. I get it with hires. I get it with others. I get across multiple characters of different classes. The only commonality is the game degrades worse and worse each time I zone.
Haven't noticed that but I haven't watched either. :unsure:

I've started looking at setting hard FPS in Troubleshooting. Haven't tested much tho.. Anyone else tried this?

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
I login and out of a variety of toons. I can usually do that 6ish times before memory leak has grown n I have to quit and restart. It's been a thing with this game for a long time. U66 was worse - could only switch toons 2 - 3 times before I'm looking at 3GB of memory in use - but the patch helped.. or, whatever.
That's not a memory leak, that's failure to clear client-side data that's no longer in use.