Devs, you fixing the frame rate issue?

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Its worse, the thing with Two handed fighting Feats you loggin with not only 10% gone but 50% of your health
The great majority of my toons would log in with missing HP ; now only some of them do. Clearly some problems persist, and that's not the first report I've heard about some people's ongoing problems getting worse, but there has still been a partial fix.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
That's not a memory leak, that's failure to clear client-side data that's no longer in use.
DDO or CPU? ie, what can I do better?

The great majority of my toons would log in with missing HP ; now only some of them do. Clearly some problems persist, and that's not the first report I've heard about some people's ongoing problems getting worse, but there has still been a partial fix.
I only see it on my Epics. My 32 Paly has been zoning in with 1/2 her HP for a while now. Now that I have 3 Epics, all 3 are afflicted, shall we say.

Douglas Glyndwr

Bard Life
Really? Other games have problems that entail crippling your whole computer to play it and eat all your ram? 32 megs of ram and an rtx video card should be enough to run a game, no? Other games you play require you to restart the game every 20 min?

Do Other games you play have game changes on every update at this point to have to redo all your toons?

Go fall on your sword elsewhere.
Yes. Star Trek Online was GONE for four months. They deleted half their content later. They revamped the system so there are lots of options, but only ONE viable build.
GTA Online PC had an exploit that would lock your account and in certain circumstances, allow people access to your account links to YOUR BANKING INFO.
No Man's Sky has wiped the Euclid Galaxy 3 times, tho it's been stable now for the last four years. Twice I've had an amazing base on a paradise planet get buried 400 units deep on a garbage, lethal world.
Runescape stole my player name and locked my account. There is no appeal to Jagex, famous for just telling you to start over, LOL, we can't be bothered.
Star Wars Galaxy made it so new players could just become Jedi with no grind and massive changes in gameplay.
And if you think WE have it bad from SSG, LotRO just revamped it's Legendary crafting system for the second time.

Games nowadays are complex, and they seldom always "just work".

Every time you walk through the doors or into or out of the quest and the game has to show your UI again, the FPS drops. You can easily simulate it by pressing Alt+Z.

Onyxia2016

All the companies I have worked for over the years, we IT folks worked around the clock, on weekends and even holidays to correct an issue of the this magnitude. This is why IT staff are salary, even for non-managers. It is one of the few professions that allows for this. Front line tech support staff are usually hour but that is about it.

droid327

ie, what can I do better?

I use DDO-ML to log in, it speeds up and automates the login process. So when I want to swap characters I just close one client and open another one while its closing. Easier and sometimes faster than logging out and swapping, especially when you have to deal with the delayed-logout bug. And it refreshes the client each time so you dont get old data ballast.

Toede

I play with a capped FPS and it never drops, I'm not having this issue. Are you all playing with uncapped FPS?
Even capped fps will eventually reach a point where it happens, it just takes longer before you will see it. Also when it happens, it will degrade only a few points as opposed to say 10 for uncapped. For example, I just now set my fps to 30 capped. After about 25 UI toggles, I started to see the FPS drop but each time it was only roughly 1 FPS of degradation.

vryxnr

Using the 32bit launcher in stead of the 64 at least seems to fix the slow mouse look speed issue for me.
I use 32 bit launcher (not legacy), and I experience the fps and mouse sensitivity issue. Maybe it's worse on 64 bit? I don't know. But sadly 32 bit does not appear to be an actual "fix". I do prefer to play with mouse look on, so I really feel it. Turning it off makes things a bit more playable (albeit awkward for me), but still does not eliminate the pain.

Ozz

The symptoms described are a classic case of a memory leak. It's not hard if you know a few things about programming and memory management, which I do. I was a comp sci major and learned about these things. Yes that's right I actually know what I'm talking about. Again, get a grip.
I suggest you mail DDO dev team with your fix so they can implement it :)

Grumpy

Took a screenshot that i posted in our guilds discord of me standing in the final quest of RL part 3, with a frame rate of 8.5. I don't know anything about coding or software, but im pretty sure that this should be higher. I have a very good computer, not a great computer, but more than sufficient to run this game, or at least i thought so. Something is wrong. Hopefully its fixed soon.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I use DDO-ML to log in, it speeds up and automates the login process. So when I want to swap characters I just close one client and open another one while its closing. Easier and sometimes faster than logging out and swapping, especially when you have to deal with the delayed-logout bug. And it refreshes the client each time so you dont get old data ballast.
Thanks, will search. Really don't wanna do 32-bit launcher...

I play with a capped FPS and it never drops, I'm not having this issue. Are you all playing with uncapped FPS?
I was.. set it to 60 but haven't quested yet.. odd that it's only in quests. Not Wilds, Quests. May have the heart to play later n test.

Took a screenshot that i posted in our guilds discord of me standing in the final quest of RL part 3, with a frame rate of 8.5. I don't know anything about coding or software, but im pretty sure that this should be higher. I have a very good computer, not a great computer, but more than sufficient to run this game, or at least i thought so. Something is wrong. Hopefully its fixed soon.
:oops: Yeah.. 8.5 is me trying to play Cyberpunk on this CPU :ROFLMAO:

Kimbere

Spam alt+z (or whatever your hide/unhide UI hotkey is in DDO) about 50 times, then check.

It seems to drop 5-10 FPS each time the UI reloads.

If your PC is capable of running DDO at 150 FPS but you have it capped at 60, you'd need to reload the UI ~10 times, maybe more, for it to drop below 60.

pame12

Very bad frame bug. I suspect this is something to do with the tumble change and trying to prevent people from tumbling twice in a row.

If this is the case this is very lame. I mean the people who complained about tumble changes, I never agreed with them, I said let those who are willing to cost their keyboard do it, unless it's causing the game to lag. The mediocre powermongerers could not stand people going faster than them, even though they're lazy. Devs should NOT listen to lame forum complainers. Game worked FINE with people tumbling around. NOW WITH THE FIX LOOK AT THE STATE OF THE GAME. WELL DONE. STUPID JEALOUS PEOPLE CAUSED THIS.
No it's not related to tumble, it's related to the ESC main menu fix they did on friday. When u66 hit it was working fine apart from some main menu bug that crashed the client and those weird "you cannot cast spells outside of your class" messages that sometimes would appear when you treid casting something.
After the hotfix on friday that fixed both the main menu crash and the casting bug, that's when the fps issue started happening.