DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Justfungus

Well, window says it needs to restart to finish installing the latest Microsoft bug, guess this is as good a time as any.

Draeqo

Launcher is stuck on installing pre-reqs anyway, so players would not be able to see the feed.

Untitled.png

Yeah, that's because pinging ddo.com leads to timeout ... i.e. their network connection to the outside is down.
Via time-outs and a few magic hops I get into Amsterdam Internet Exchange (some computer did remember DDO's old IP), then travel immediately to Las Vegas (?) where the trail ends ... The route normally goes via New York City or something with similar big pipes.

Volarr

wentFrom ChatGPT:

You
write two paragraph story about gold and bears

ChatGPT:

In the depths of the dense forest, a tale of gold and bears unfolded. It began when a group of intrepid adventurers stumbled upon an ancient map etched with cryptic symbols leading to a fabled treasure trove hidden amidst the wilderness. Igniting their spirits with visions of wealth beyond measure, they embarked on a perilous journey, navigating through towering trees and treacherous terrain. Little did they know that they were not the only ones drawn to the allure of gold. Deep within the heart of the forest, a family of bears roamed, guardians of the land and its secrets. As the adventurers delved deeper into the wilderness, they unknowingly trespassed upon the bears' territory, setting the stage for an unexpected encounter between greed and guardianship.

Amidst the shadows of the ancient trees, the clash between human ambition and nature's guardians reached its climax. The adventurers, driven by their desire for riches, stumbled upon the hidden trove of gold, its gleam casting an enchanting glow in the dim light of the forest. But their triumph was short-lived as the protective instincts of the bears were aroused. With a thunderous roar, the bears emerged from the shadows, their towering forms a formidable barrier between the treasure and its would-be plunderers. In a tense standoff, the adventurers realized the folly of their pursuit as they came face to face with the embodiment of nature's strength and resilience. In the end, they retreated, leaving the treasure behind, humbled by the reminder that some riches are best left untouched, safeguarded by the watchful eyes of the forest's silent sentinels.
They exited the area to find that their gold fever demanded victory, so they secured bear traps to deal with the troublesome Guardians.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Just to say...
While servers are down... I took a stroll outside to feel the grass and some fresh air...

Don't recommend... XP is hard to get, Loot is crap and the other players s*ck

Volarr

Yeah, that's because pinging ddo.com leads to timeout ... i.e. their network connection to the outside is down.
Via time-outs and a few magic hops I get into Amsterdam Internet Exchange (some computer did remember DDO's old IP), then travel immediately to Las Vegas (?) where the trail ends ... The route normally goes via New York City or something with similar big pipes
Have yawl heard what goes/happens to/in Vegas says in Vegas.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Did anybody ask ChatGPT how to fix DDO?
ChatGPT said

1. **Restart the Adventure**: Sometimes, like a quest gone awry, a simple restart can banish those pesky bugs from your realm.

2. **Check Your Internet Mana Flow**: Ensure your internet connection flows like a mighty river, not a trickle. Laggy waters can drown your gaming spirit!

3. **Update Your Wizardry Tools**: Visit the enchanted lands of your computer's settings and make sure your graphics and audio wizards are at the peak of their powers. Outdated spells can't conjure a smooth gameplay experience!

4. **Inspect the Magic Scrolls**: If you're journeying through realms like Steam, take a moment to inspect the integrity of your game scrolls. Corruption in these ancient texts could lead to mysterious disappearances or cursed artifacts!

5. **Befriend the Firewall Dragons**: Ensure your firewall and antivirus guardians recognize DDO as a friendly visitor in your digital castle. Sometimes, they can mistake heroes for villains!

6. **Summon the Support Wizards**: If all else fails and your troubleshooting spells fall short, send a missive to the support wizards of DDO. They wield powerful enchantments to aid adventurers in their hour of need!

With these whimsical tips, may your adventures in Dungeons & Dragons Online be filled with laughter, triumph, and epic loot!

Last edited:

Volarr

ChaGPT said

1. **Restart the Adventure**: Sometimes, like a quest gone awry, a simple restart can banish those pesky bugs from your realm.

2. **Check Your Internet Mana Flow**: Ensure your internet connection flows like a mighty river, not a trickle. Laggy waters can drown your gaming spirit!

3. **Update Your Wizardry Tools**: Visit the enchanted lands of your computer's settings and make sure your graphics and audio wizards are at the peak of their powers. Outdated spells can't conjure a smooth gameplay experience!

4. **Inspect the Magic Scrolls**: If you're journeying through realms like Steam, take a moment to inspect the integrity of your game scrolls. Corruption in these ancient texts could lead to mysterious disappearances or cursed artifacts!

5. **Befriend the Firewall Dragons**: Ensure your firewall and antivirus guardians recognize DDO as a friendly visitor in your digital castle. Sometimes, they can mistake heroes for villains!

6. **Summon the Support Wizards**: If all else fails and your troubleshooting spells fall short, send a missive to the support wizards of DDO. They wield powerful enchantments to aid adventurers in their hour of need!

With these whimsical tips, may your adventures in Dungeons & Dragons Online be filled with laughter, triumph, and epic loot!
Don not forget your bear traps there may be gold

Uska

Founder
ok nother blast from the past

When there's trouble, you know who to call (teen titans!)
From their tower, they can see it all (teen titans!)
When there's evil on the attack
You can rest knowing they got your back
Cause when the world needs heroes on patrol
Teen titans, go!
Teen titans, go!
With their super powers, they unite (teen titans!)
Never met a villain that they liked (teen titans!)
They got the bad guys on the run
They never stop until the job gets done
Cause when the world is losing all control
Teen titans, go!
Teen titans, go!
If your heart is black, you better watch out
You cannot escape the team
When they catch you, there won't be any doubt
You've been beaten by the teens
Beaten by the teens
T-e-e-n! t-I-t-a-n-s! teen titans! let's go!
When there's evil on the attack
You can rest knowing they got your back
Cause when the world needs heroes on patrol
Teen titans, go!
Teen titans, go!
One, two, three, four, go!
Teen titans!
I prefer Underdog