DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
If you're right and it's third party, the fact that it's Easter would explain why it's taking so long, as it would be less of a critical issue for Akamai than it is for SSG.
doesn't help they use the PSN (playstation network to do manage their sales) was noticing that a long ways back when I would try and long in manually from my Browser.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
we need some alpha males working on the game instead of nerds and people pleasers no one is taking any action, making impulsive choices about a character's tumble ability which has been available literally since the game started, game crashes, it is a lazy town!
Not smart enough, and would be too busy having "sword fights" with each other. ⚔️

Kessaran

It may be some backfire from the impulsive decision to change the tumble I mean after all this is just as spontaneous. You may have pissed off some real life magic users messing up your network.
That's my concern. For the game to randomly drop with no explanation and 12+ hours of unforeseen downtime i'm now getting a bit worried it's something along the lines of a security situation.

FireEater

we need some alpha males working on the game instead of nerds and people pleasers no one is taking any action, making impulsive choices about a character's tumble ability which has been available literally since the game started, game crashes, it is a lazy town!
HAHA ok Alex.

TavernTails

Tuesday Trivia Host on DDOstream
How much money does a day of downtime cost a company like SSG?
I suspect it is significant. The flip side is that sometimes the security and hardware investments your department has warned leadership about for years suddenly get funded after incidents like this. For example, I proposed redundancy to a critical environment for years at a former job, and it was cut for three years straight for budgeting reasons. The funding suddenly appeared when the entire system was brought to its knees one weekend...like magic!

nenetteblackmoor

EXP can be obtained just by trying hard, but items obtained due to ****** RNG occasionally doing a good job probably won't be obtained again.

Because the next time ****** RNG decides to work will be after DDO has ended its service!
So either slap ****** RNG's butt and make it work to drop more Curse Cleaner, or give us 120 pieces as SAGA rewards.

If Quality Doublestrike increases by 4% or HP2% up items disappear, I'll cry and throw a tantrum like a baby!