DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Aratheal

So, we've been able to connect to the game servers but even with the secondary switch configuration we're running into issues connecting to the database hosts, and folks are taking another look at tracing cables and such. So, that's the current state of things this minute.
Have you tried power cycling the server? ;)

So, we've been able to connect to the game servers but even with the secondary switch configuration we're running into issues connecting to the database hosts, and folks are taking another look at tracing cables and such. So, that's the current state of things this minute.
Thank you for a more detailed update. We appreciate all the work folks are putting in and giving us a bit more of the play by play.

Silverfox

@ Cordovan. Are you sure people are working on this as it is a 24 hours game for which you are community manager and as such we would expect some more information or is it that its a Holiday and I will just tell the peeps we are working on it to shut them up?

Yes I am sure people are working on it.

I gained access to an unofficial video that shows indeed SSG is on it.

Last edited:

rohmer

Did someone sneak in and change the cables?

mordek

SSG's server room isn't far off from the Spaghetti code that runs the game?

b96bcaae268c0c729e9ad89d70367c9a.jpg

Vox

Thanks for the more detailed updates. I hope the database survived intact.

Gunzilla

I see what SSG did. They made the servers go down so they could play DDO (by play, work on servers) and not spend Easter with their families.

In turn, we can’t play DDO and have to spend Easter with our families.

Real crafty SSG

Jeeboheebo

I lost all hope about any competence when they fixed the raptor sound crash, then promptly rolled it back because... apparently their fix caused more problems. I'm not even kidding.

Toede

I actually want to thank DDO for being down all weekend. It has shown me other games to play and put my money to.
Yeah on the plus side, I jumped back into Starfield and discovered they finally optimized and patched their game to the point where it doesn't run like trash and crash to desktop every time you access the menu so now I can actually play the game I paid for last year. See how that works, SSG? If your game has bugs, you fix them.

JustHavingFunBro

To all of you couch IT people sorry it wasn't a floo
Yeah on the plus side, I jumped back into Starfield and discovered they finally optimized and patched their game to the point where it doesn't run like trash and crash to desktop every time you access the menu so now I can actually play the game I paid for last year. See how that works, SSG? If your game has bugs, you fix them.
Interesting. Its on Xbox game pass. I might give it a go.

GrizzlyOso

I don't know if a year long fix for a paid for game is exactly the data point you want to be referencing.

Justfungus

I don't know IT tech, but from military experience, I know the term 'run the lines'.
It is the trouble shooting step of last resort. They think some wires/fiber optics were melted
in the failure. Unless you get really lucky, 'running lines' take forever. Good luck, see you in a few days.

Greatpumpkin

We can look at it in one of two ways:

1) They are spending their holiday weekend feverishly working (OT baby) on fixing the issue.
2) They are sitting on their hands until the regular crew is back to work in the morning.

I prefer to think the former. Having said that, why does it seem major outages (not just here), almost never hit in the middle of the work week, but on a holiday weekend?