Poll: Should SSG do something for players due to the weekend downtime?

Should SSG do something for players due to the weekend downtime?

• No, bringing the servers up is reward enough

Votes: 53 24.7%
  • Yes, 1 or more xp potions

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Yes, a week-long bonus for xp, guild renown, loot

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Yes, a raider's reward box

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • Yes, all of the above

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Yes, all of the above and moarrrrrr

Votes: 56 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

florela41

I assume they didn't cause the shutdown on purpose and would be rather at home with Easter than at the office. It sucks that we can't play DDO but we still have the day off.

I'd like to see an extension of a few days of VIP and those gold rolls.
Agree. The gold roll should be made up somehow. But that’s it. I know these guys and gals are working hard to get this thing going.

Fnordian

Compensation Ideas
  • "The Dance of the Downtime": A special emote where characters perform an exaggerated dance to celebrate surviving the downtime. It could involve comically flailing arms and legs or exaggerated movements.
  • "The Lag Monster" Mount: A temporary mount that looks like a goofy, sluggish creature with a comically exaggerated yawn and droopy eyes. It moves slowly and occasionally "lags" in place, amusing players as they traverse the world.
  • "Server Restart Cake" consumable: A cake item that, when eaten, broadcasts a server restart message to all characters in the current instance.
  • "Downtime Defender" Title: A prestigious title awarded to players who logged in within the first hour after the servers came back up. It comes with a silly visual effect like a hat made of server cables.
  • "The Patchwork Pet" Companion: A whimsical pet made up of mismatched server-related items, like cables, gears, and error messages. It follows the player around, occasionally emitting beeps and boops.
  • "Server Maintenance Maniac" Outfit: A flamboyant outfit adorned with server-related motifs, such as power buttons, error messages, and colorful cables. It's both eye-catching and amusing.
  • "Time Warp Trinket" Relic: A trinket that, when activated, briefly slows down time for enemies around the player, causing them to move in slow motion. It's accompanied by comical sound effects like squeaky voices and exaggerated movements.
  • "DDO Downtime Diary" Collectible Book: A humorous in-game book filled with anecdotes and jokes from players about their experiences during the downtime. It provides entertainment and a sense of community bonding.
  • "Loot of the Lost Server" Treasure Box: A special loot box containing unique and rare items themed around the downtime, such as "404 Error" weapons or "Server Crash" armor pieces with amusing visual effects.

Last edited:

Kessaran

Because of the length of the downtime I wouldn't mind seeing a nice Otto's box, either heroic or epic. Or a raiders box/free raid resets for those who obviously missed their weekend raiding experience. While it's not required by any means (all jokes aside, this was out of SSG's control entirely) it's simply a sign of good faith.

Aelonwy

I had a busy family weekend so I didn't discover DDO was down until late yesterday evening. I wouldn't mind a long week of XP/loot/guild renown bonuses. Unless there is some sort of rollback and then I can certainly see greater compensation but so far its just a few days down... that's not really a tragedy. Aggravating yes. Catastrophe no. Rollbacks would be way more serious.

They should however tack a couple more days on to VIP's subs and VIP goldrolls.