Stealth changes to quests

Ying

5000+ hours played
Since SSG has resources to silently change Lord of Blades pre-raid geometry after 12 years, it's long overdue to move one of the three shrines at the end of Just Business to the midpoint. Completing 85% of the quest without a shrine then choking on three at the end is the biggest player gripe with that quest. If there wasn't a requirement to complete this quest before moving on to Part 2 of the Sharn chain, I'd skip it every single life.

Ahpuch

Since SSG has resources to silently change Lord of Blades pre-raid geometry after 12 years, it's long overdue to move one of the three shrines at the end of Just Business to the midpoint. Completing 85% of the quest without a shrine then choking on three at the end is the biggest player gripe with that quest. If there wasn't a requirement to complete this quest before moving on to Part 2 of the Sharn chain, I'd skip it every single life.
That 2nd last shrine should definitely be moved to just after the Bridge or into the wine store.

But to be clear, the biggest player gripe with that quest is the opening unskippable dialog. I can use pots, ethereal rest shrines, or lower Reaper rating to get over the shrine problem. Nothing lets me skip that interminable dialog.

Sarandra

One of the best quests in Sharn. What are you talking about???

droid327

I usually just start the cutscene, jump off the skiff, run around the ledge to the corner, and AFK till the cutscene is done :D

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
While I agree that a shrine should be moved closer to the midpoint, I actually like the beginning cutscene. Sharn has a really interesting story to it. It sets the scene for why you're doing what you're doing.

TavernBrawler

Nothing personal against players, its Just Business

Krell

I agree, but I think a bigger win would be to remove quest chain flagging. It’s harder to get Sharn 1-2 groups together. I frequently see people join them drop slave lords due to flagging. I’m not opposed to story lines but don’t make them mandatory. Most people are just repeating them after past lives and just want to join a group that already started a chain.

Lazuli

I agree, but I think a bigger win would be to remove quest chain flagging. It’s harder to get Sharn 1-2 groups together. I frequently see people join them drop slave lords due to flagging. I’m not opposed to story lines but don’t make them mandatory. Most people are just repeating them after past lives and just want to join a group that already started a chain.
If they start fixing the quest, they could fix all its wrong things and not just the shrines ;)

But the shrine thing is very easy. Moving one has to take about half a minute.

Last edited:

seph1roth5

Lots of quests need the amber temple "just get on with it!(skip dialogue" option. Or at the very least, a jeets-like option where you only have to deal with it once per character, ever.