Stealth changes to quests

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Lots of quests need the amber temple "just get on with it!(skip dialogue" option. Or at the very least, a jeets-like option where you only have to deal with it once per character, ever.
Agree. However, I think one reason they can't or won't do anything about it, is because Eberron creator Keith Baker voiced it and there might be requirements to keep that cinematic because of it. Unsure. But it certainly wouldn't be surprising if so.

An accelerate option where the cinematic still plays as normal but the quest progresses however, might be an option. Akin to listening to Hyrsam and Vecna talk in The Icemount Curse, and Elminster in Beyond the Rift. It (the cinematic) still rolls on whilst you go ahead.

J1NG

Xgya

Lots of quests need the amber temple "just get on with it!(skip dialogue" option. Or at the very least, a jeets-like option where you only have to deal with it once per character, ever.
Man, can you imagine just how much faster some of those quests would be?

No more waiting on Elminster.
No more wondering why the Haste spell doesn't work on Cyan...

Svirfneblin

We really could use options to skip long dialogues there are several we would like to skip.

Q
O
L
P
L
E
A
S
E

Desstorm

It's like any construction work. Takes no time to build but you need to form a planning committee, run environmental studies, get building permits, hire Kobold union workers, get an inspector to verify the new shrine is up to code, and then you can reopen the quest.
Ssg just told me there is an endangered species of millipede found between the stones of the building. So no building permit will be issued

Bjond

Since SSG has resources to silently change Lord of Blades pre-raid geometry after 12 years, it's long overdue to move one of the three shrines at the end of Just Business to the midpoint. Completing 85% of the quest without a shrine then choking on three at the end is the biggest player gripe with that quest. If there wasn't a requirement to complete this quest before moving on to Part 2 of the Sharn chain, I'd skip it every single life.
I'm curious about LOB changes -- not run it in a bit. What happened? (Hmm, unless by "pre-raid" you mean the L19 heroic quests, which I'm not sure if I've ever run and certainly wouldn't notice changes).
And the stupid gather mechanic when peeps jump in n afk
IMHO, leader needs punt ability at any time during a quest. It's easy to identify bad leaders that punt for specious reasons and never join their groups again. It's impossible to fix a troll without handing the troll a win by forcing the group to disband and reform.

This is particularly important when it comes to raiding, where a malicious troll can scale their annoyance-power by 11.

BTW, on the Just Business scene topic, I detest and abhor cut-scenes in games. When I want to WATCH a movie, I won't be PLAYING a game. I did like the Bond-homage the first time because it was a little surprising for DDO to have one and because it was cleverly done. But waiting every time gets pretty old.

The singular DDO feature I like most is the voice-delivery for it's stories instead of cut-scenes precisely because it does not waste my time or force me to choose between quest or story. I get both AND speed; ie. permits simultaneous questing + story.

I would certainly approve of DDO doing their house-cleaning on Just Business right in front of us.

Ying

5000+ hours played
I'm curious about LOB changes -- not run it in a bit. What happened?
In the room with Toven's image, behind the golem, there was an area you could jump up and perch from. There's no longer a perch. It's not like it was impactful in any way. That fight is not challenging even in reaper. It's a head scratcher why that part of the pre-raid would get changed **12 years** after it's release -- and nothing was in the release notes about it.

Drunken.dx

I'm for some qol changes in just business.

I would not mind lenghty cutscene if quest was optional, but it's not if you want access to second part of chain.

I understand requirement from story point of view but having to do it life after life to get access to fun part of saga is annoying.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
It probably wouldn’t be as bad sitting through a cut scene like in Just Business so much if timers stopped ticking down during the forced wait period.

I pretty much just stockpile any pots I ever earn because I hate the feeling that I need to rush through content. It ends up making the leveling process a bit slower (especially running solo) but more enjoyable.