Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 24th 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Jeronimo

So let me get this straight. Ive been a loyal DDO player since beta/release and have purchased every expansion upon release. How is it fair that people who have made these purchases get a lousy 10% pot for gear that has been farmed out for months already whie people who havent made purchases get an entire expansion pack worth way more then the 1 pot??
I agree... I've got 6 accounts; 3 have all expansions and the other 3 have all except Vecna. I've been a paying customer since 2006 and consider to be quite a loyal customer. I feel cheated.

Elminster

Hehehehegegeheegrfegee....

I never got IoD on any of my accounts because I knew they would try something like this.

Now I grab it for free and get geared up for Myth Drannor

Absolute perfection...
15dD.gif

Driaza

So if in Uk/Euro time zone the game goes off at 13:00/14.00 and come back online at 22.00/23.00 basically down for a whole day? Seriously?
Yes - Euro time zone, work all day then decide if i want some sleep or play :p

I am hoping a full 9 hours will be unnecessary though!!!

The Narc

I agree... I've got 6 accounts; 3 have all expansions and the other 3 have all except Vecna. I've been a paying customer since 2006 and consider to be quite a loyal customer. I feel cheated.
Agreed, i think this choice has just further inspired me to not purchase xpacs and to wait for more future offers where i will be able to take advantage of a free offer like this. All it really requires is to program ones self to ignore any mention of a new expansion even after it comes out available for ddo points, atleast until it is available via 99 ddo points.

Elminster

Agreed, i think this choice has just further inspired me to not purchase xpacs and to wait for more future offers where i will be able to take advantage of a free offer like this. All it really requires is to program ones self to ignore any mention of a new expansion even after it comes out available for ddo points, atleast until it is available via 99 ddo points.

I think Myth D. is going to be one of those "unignorable" xpacs though. With gear as good or better than what Feywild was when it came out and superior to IoD in every way.

It would be the only way to sell the xpac and unfortunately by that time with a shaky economy, the only way to justify their jobs.

Ungermax

Master Artificer
I think Myth D. is going to be one of those "unignorable" xpacs though. With gear as good or better than what Feywild was when it came out and superior to IoD in every way.

It would be the only way to sell the xpac and unfortunately by that time with a shaky economy, the only way to justify their jobs.
Reaper targeted gear perhaps. Reaper Augments, Reaper XP tomes, orange reaper wings (but still no blue wings), +1/+2 Heroic Action Point tomes, new race included in the pack, pick an xp stone. In addition to the 3 quest pack being introduced.

The Narc

Honestly, I have found the Vecna unleashed quests long and drawn out, so tedious to play thru, it was brought in with such a large number of quests and sold during a hardcore for favor hunters. It as a whole seemed to be not well received otherwise and they are still trying to sell it when i personally already have told people i know that dont have it to wait until it comes on for 99 points because its content you will rarely run. The quests are too lengthy and the rewards are not impressive.

I expect myth drannor to be much of the same, although it will likely have some super grind for end game players to work at to get some extra form of power, which will entice that crowd. Maybe something similar to the old green steel weapons, or maybe dino weapons, or maybe even worse like the cursed cards(this would be my vote especially if it is power that end gamers wont be able to ignore, i love watching them grind and complain, lol). Whatever it is I hope they implement a system where none of the power advancement can be cheated by duping, make them grind hard.

Elminster

Reaper targeted gear perhaps. Reaper Augments, Reaper XP tomes, orange reaper wings (but still no blue wings), +1/+2 Heroic Action Point tomes, new race included in the pack, pick an xp stone. In addition to the 3 quest pack being introduced.
giphy.gif