Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 24th 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Ellisaria

Its fine and great that they are giving this away but its literally a slap in the face to people who have payed for this content months/years ago. Insulting your active and paying player base like this isnt a good look.
As you say, the content being given away is years old. Plenty of MMOs start "giving away" old expansions either by making it free content or by bundling it with the purchase of the latest expac. DDO doesn't do that, and that's something that vets have brought up time and again: the paywall is a barrier to entry for new players. By design the best gear isn't in adventure packs, it's in expansions, give the new players access to these things and see if it helps new player retention. Vets who've paid for it years ago have already farmed it out and have had years to enjoy it.

Volarr

the last code can be entered in the DDO store (I'm not sure if its still valid) was FREEDDO2024
The coupon code grants the following quest packs:

• Against the Slave Lords
  • Attack On Stormreach
  • Delera's Tomb
  • Devil Assault
  • Disciples of Rage
  • Dragonblood Prophecy
  • Harbinger of Madness
  • Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
  • Heart of Madness
  • Hunter and Hunted
  • Keep on the Borderlands
  • Peril of the Planar Eyes
  • Phiarlan Carnival
  • Reign of Madness
  • Secrets of the Artificers
  • Sentinels of Stormreach
  • Shadow Under Thunderholme
  • Shan-to-Kor
  • Sorrowdusk Isle
  • Tangleroot Gorge
  • The Catacombs
  • The Demon Sands
  • The Devil's Gambit
  • The Devils of Shavarath
  • The Dreaming Dark
  • The Druid's Deep
  • The High Road of Shadows
  • The Lost Gatekeepers
  • The Mines of Tethyamar
  • The Necropolis, Part 1
  • The Necropolis, Part 2
  • The Necropolis, Part 3
  • The Necropolis, Part 4
  • The Path of Inspiration
  • The Reaver's Reach
  • The Red Fens
  • The Restless Isles
  • The Ruins of Gianthold
  • The Ruins of Threnal
  • The Sharn Syndicate
  • The Soul Splitter
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • The Vale of Twilight
  • The Vault of Night
  • Three-Barrel Cove
  • Trials of the Archons
  • White Plume Mountain and Other Tales

Eulrik878

So let me get this straight. Ive been a loyal DDO player since beta/release and have purchased every expansion upon release. How is it fair that people who have made these purchases get a lousy 10% pot for gear that has been farmed out for months already whie people who havent made purchases get an entire expansion pack worth way more then the 1 pot??
Enjoy your free mini frosty coupon from Wendy's hahahah

Sympl

LOL, I've recently bought IoD expansion, must be just my luck.
Oh well, the raptor hireling is funny nice :)

I fact I was planning to start exploring IoD today, must have forgotten that it's Wednesday ...
Point of order.....the xpacs being given away are content only....so they aren't coming with any of the fun stuff purchasing it got you....so....there's that. :)

Sympl

Grab one of the Expansions that you don't have or get a free Elixer of Discovery.

Seriously, A free Elixer of Discovery? While this is surely a let down, I just have to ask

What does ANY of this have to do with DRAGONS? I mean this is the "Year of the Dragon," right?
For a full year of giveaways, you aren't going to get everything directly dragon related. And they did put a draconic spin on all the non-directly-draconic giveaways if you read any of the calendars/info bits on what's coming. Well, except this one, I guess. They didn't make it explicit. Just pretend the xpacks are part of the Dragon's Hoard like October and November's gifts are going to be. Quite honestly, getting an xpack (or even a Greater Elixir of Discovery) is a lot more useful than a third pull from the list provided for those months, IMO. (Which I remember reading, but strangely can't find listed anymore.)

The_Apocalypse

As to the free Expansion... What if you do not own all the Expansions, but are currently riding VIP... Does it know which Expansions you don't own, or will it read as owning all because of VIP and stick me with a potion?

AMess

Blerg, all the hate over a single free pot and VIP...I mean, I get it, it's not what I'd consider enticing, but we all influence each other. meaning anger is contagious. I know my post won't change much, but maybe instead of complaining about the free stuff, we can provide ideas about how we'd like to see it.

The dragon pot is not desirable as I have a stack of them already, but for those who don't have IOD it means there will be more people to play IOD with, which is a win for us all. I don't need more loot, but I sure would like a curse cleanser.

Maybe we can make the forums a place to attract and entice each other to play more...the extended down time means the team has worked hard to fix some of the issue(s) we care about, I hope they are successful!

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
As to the free Expansion... What if you do not own all the Expansions, but are currently riding VIP... Does it know which Expansions you don't own, or will it read as owning all because of VIP and stick me with a potion?
VIP does not grant 'Expansions', it grants 'Adventure Packs'. The free code granted access to Adventure packs, not Expansions.
Some older Expansions were available recently for 99DDO store points. Expansions have, to my recollection, never been completely free.

To directly answer your question, if you do not own all the Expansions, you should be provided a list of the expansions you don't own, except VU, to pick from.