Commendations of Heroism

nenetteblackmoor

According to the wiki, these can only be gained from 2 Raid chests. ( and one for favour ).
Is there any other way to get these ?
( as I play with a small group - 3 others - of irl friends, hence have never done ( and probably never will ) any raids except for that Marketplace one when seriously overlevelled.

We've tried a couple, but either get (a) swarmed by the sheer number of mobs, or (b) have to split up and then are too few to succeed in the combats ( see a ).
If hirelings could be used in Raids, we might make a fist of it, but as it stands, we cannot.

PS: I'm really interested in the answer to the question, rather than justifying why I/we don't raid, but to head that one off at the pass, firstly, I personally have issues gaming with complete strangers, and secondly, previous experiences with attempting to join a Raid group (years ago) generally panned out as :
"have you done this before ?"
"no"
<kick>

Thanks in advance.
I also often clear those two raids on elite difficulty through solo play(Pure Paladin).
It was possible even at Level 30 cap, so I believe it would be even easier now.

Solo play allows you to play as you like until you are satisfied, so I recommend playing with trial and error while enjoying it.

I don't have wings yet and still use gear from Sharn and Fey.
These two raids are quests where expensive gear isn't necessary as long as you remember the mechanics, you can clear them.

FoT should not drop in the middle of the room initially.
Dropping it on the opposite side of the Giants, near the wall, can split the dragons.
After that, it's a matter of timing to pull and defeat them in pairs.

If healing is insufficient, prepare Silver Flame Heal Potions.
They may slow down movement speed, but they can be useful in emergencies.

CitW is just plain tedious.

Last edited:

Baneman

Thanks for all the responses.
We are on Sarlona, so can't take up some of the help offers, but based on your comments ( seems we have only tried the hardest raids ), we will try these raids and see how we go.
Thanks again.

Mnemor

Thanks for all the responses.
We are on Sarlona, so can't take up some of the help offers, but based on your comments ( seems we have only tried the hardest raids ), we will try these raids and see how we go.
Thanks again.
Got your comms? I hope yes!

drjoans

kinda-known member
You can also trade in greater tokens of the twelve at Lahar in the twelve for commendations if you're really not into those 2 raids.

Ptalon

Others above me have already answered your question but I'd like to add that if you're on Thelanis, I solo or 3 man a lot of the older raids and you and your friends are more than welcome to join us. Super low-key and zero pressure to excel. We play to have fun and fun we have.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.
Hey, same here! Thelanis.
could really use more bodies, to do more raids.

Unfortunately, my most powerful friend is usually only on very early Sat/Sun am.
And I am usually too tired on week nights.
But I am on quite often throughout the weekends.

Main char: Ravenika.

Hey, same here! Thelanis.
could really use more bodies, to do more raids.

Unfortunately, my most powerful friend is usually only on very early Sat/Sun am.
And I am usually too tired on week nights.
But I am on quite often throughout the weekends.

Main char: Ravenika.
Nice! I'll throw you a friend request the next time I play and maybe we can run some stuff together. Two of my RL friends that I play with, play almost every day but I'm hard pressed to play during the week as well.

To be honest, I haven't played at all since they destroyed tumble but my buddies are guilt tripping me to come back so I'm sure I will soon. It's quite a toxic relationship I have with DDO. 😂

Ptalon

Nice! I'll throw you a friend request the next time I play and maybe we can run some stuff together. Two of my RL friends that I play with, play almost every day but I'm hard pressed to play during the week as well.

To be honest, I haven't played at all since they destroyed tumble but my buddies are guilt tripping me to come back so I'm sure I will soon. It's quite a toxic relationship I have with DDO. 😂
I got so mad at the healing aura nerf, that I stopped playing the Cleric build I used to love. But...I'm still here.

l_remmie

Both caught in the web and Fall of Truth are a lot easier with good ranged dps.

You need to take down that phylactery somehow and you dont reach it with your sword.

Lolth is annoying with her death ray ability and you can't see if you are actually hitting anything when up close because she's so big.
It's much easier to stand behind a pillar and fusillade her down.
Bring some mana potions just in case.