Search results

1. Bjond

Bug? Prison of the Planes, no docent?

Anyone seen this? Finish end fight (kill both bosses), but the trash minions keep spawning. After slaying them all, the area stays stuck in dolar/darkness-mode and there's no docent on the ground. Chest spawned. Can be looted. But no docent to finish for XP. Wondering if there's some rare...
  2. Bjond

An Impossible Build

If you want a true challenge -- as in I doubt it can be done at all -- try to make a caster'ish "carry build". I usually play a carry build when PL'ing a character, but I like to pick a carry with a similar feel. It's easy for melee and ranged. I think it's not possible for a caster. Ranged...
  3. Bjond

Immortality Lessons, Curious Door buggy?

I've always grabbed the door right off at the start and then returned to continue the quest. Today, on trying to return, the door took me to a different area than the start, making it completely impossible to complete the quest. All routes out were blocked by breakable walls, but only...
  4. Bjond

DRoll Sticky Catmonk

This was my first D-Roll build. It can tank R10 quests & is useful for some R1 raid bosses, like the mounds in Baba (get 1st agro there by having agro on Baba when mounds spawn, then let regular tank grab baba back). Easily solos R4 to cap. Heals come from classic monk light spam in heroic...
  5. Bjond

The reason behind bad hirelings

IMHO the entire reason hirelings are "bad" stems from SSG's patent desire for hires to express "personalities" in their behavior; eg. everyone that has ever used "Bombs away Larafay" knows exactly how that hire behaves. She actually has a play style and it's vastly different than most hires...
  6. Bjond

Sneak Peak @ The Nerf Lord

Turns out Hasbro, which owns WotC/D&D also owns NERF and they want to sell more. So, DDO is stepping up with The Nerf Lord! It's primary weapon is the orb, which it throws at mobs to place a soft helmet on it's head and perhaps slightly debuff various random stats. It's T2 staple is...
  7. Bjond

Essence of The Heart of Suulomades

... just posting random wish item -- inspired by the "I want" thread and sadly probably equally humorous. :( So, uh, does your tank run about wearing the heart on his sleeve all the time or does he make and carry a full heartless swap?
  8. Bjond

"Deals +X% damage" skills -- just what does it scale?

Recent patching has tagged many skills with "Deals +X% Damage". I didn't think about it and assumed this X% applies only to weapon & bonus, but does it? Anyone happen to have done some testing and checking to see if it applies to the FULL line -- weapon, imbues, sneaks, procs, etc. etc..? I...
  9. Bjond

U66 Shadowdancer T4: Improved Imbuement Bugs

TL;DR: SD:T4 Improved Imbuement only increases distance for clicks and rapid slash, it does not increase distance for auto-attack, feats (trip, sunder, ww), or chains. Tooltip: "increases melee range" with zero data anywhere on details. Tests were via tavern brawl: SWF v helpful bard-bot...
  10. Bjond

1.4M Effective HP .. got thicc?

Played around a little while updating an older character. BTW, not a gimmick build, but the result is still funny due to the eHP calc and how some things that don't work in reaper or versus most bosses are still included in the eHP calc: Real Reaper HP Sustainable Reaper Reaper with CDs...
  11. Bjond

LD Sundering Swings -- "superseded effects" meaning?

Does anyone know what the "supersedes other effects" caveat actually means? Trip brings a number of things such as a DC check, a Trip, and a recurring balance check to stand up. I'm guessing it doesn't strip those and tag it as helpless while leaving it free to run around. My main curiosity...
  12. Bjond

HC9: Two Thoughts

First, for HC9 I seriously hope it doesn't have 5K favor as a reward mark. I jumped into HC8 really late (2? weeks before end) and LOVED the scavenger hunt method. I did 5K back in HC5 and it was a soul-devouring grind. I can't imagine a reward that would entice me to do 5K again. I'd...
  13. Bjond

U60 Optimization Blunders

Some U60 changes seem to be working in direct opposition to the server optimization goal. The first thing to note is the statement that excessive long-distance NPC pathing was what made zerg-rush DA so bad. This is not a surprise. Pathing is not only computationally expensive, it's probably...
  14. Bjond

Vecna Unleashed Packs: Account-Wide Bonuses?

This is almost the singular determination on whether I buy any of the Vecna expansions: account wide bonuses. I don't care about per-character, cosmetics, or hirelings (well, hirelings in the L22~L28 range would be nice, but already have far too many heroic & capped hires). From what I see...
  15. Bjond

Server Optimization: Ammo?

Unsure what happens for an inventory update -- it could have been coded as a simple stack count decrement on up to a full DB push on each ranged shot. Consider that a ranged DPS character will typically fire 86/m at cap. That's a lot of essentially unnecessary inventory operations. If...
  16. Bjond

Bug/WAI PM Wraith has no KD Immunity?

My PM is using wraith for the reported KD immunity (wiki & forums, not tooltip), but it seems to not work at least versus wolves -- they regularly KD my PM in Wraith. Has this changed or has it even ever been true? I haven't noticed KDs from other sources, but I do know that tooltip KD...
  17. Bjond

U59.1 Bug: vanishing augments

Anyone else seen this one: augment buffs vanishing, seemingly at random? The augment itself is still there, item still equiped, just suddenly no effect. Had it happen a number of times on different characters. I keep forgetting to post it because it's not common. The ones I've noticed are...
  18. Bjond

Path Contest

Simple concept for SSG: have a contest for the community for path builds then use the winners as actual paths. I'd go so far as to suggest holding it annually, too, to keep them up-to-date. What do you win? I don't think you'd need to do more than tag the build with the winner's forum name...
  19. Bjond

Why is DDO Dying?

Just saw another Lucky Ghost Video: Why is Every MMO Dying EXCEPT This One? No need to watch it unless you want to fact-check me. The premise is that F2P + MicroTransactions = MMO Death or that Subscription-Only = Life. One comment seemed to fit DDO in particular: F2P with MicroTransactions...
  20. Bjond

DA "bug points": unavoidable red alerts

With the changes to DA, those spots in game that are always or nearly always instant red-alerts might become a serious issue. Let's try to document them so players can know when there's one coming and (hopefully) devs can address them. Ideally, just note the spot and leave carping to another...