Search results

1. Falkor

There is zerging, and then there is being a jerk.

I'm down for fast play. Split play for objectives. Hauling hordes of mobs to kill zones. Let's invis run and get to the end fast. Great! I've been accused of zerging, but what I don't do is leave hordes of mobs for other players to contend with. And as such, I'm not good with players who leave...
  2. Falkor

Will SSG follow through with their word and actually fix the issues with VIP?

The VIP loyalty program is not the same as fixing the underlying issues with VIP. The loyalty program was a new program, an addon and additional incentive to get people to purchase and commit to VIP. The issues with VIP were never addressed, and remain. Will SSG follow through with their word...
  3. Falkor

Next Lam previews ... when ?

The next big update is Myth Drannor and the level cap increase, which will be theoretically released this summer. Sometime in the next couple of months? For such a big expansion and update to gaming mechanics, doesn't it seem there would be more promotion material and information? Isn't it...
  4. Falkor

Ki Explosion ... Ability Score too Low to Cast?

Sacred Fist ... with 39 Charisma ... full bar of KI ... trying to cast Ki Explosion and getting 'Ability Score too Low' ... What? Why? My first time trying sacred fist, but I'm really underwhelmed between the wonky animations that make whirlwind worthless with TWF ... and now this. I can only...
  5. Falkor

Exalted Whirlwind ... Vistani ... WAI ?

Made a sacred fist and using dual wield vistani ... whirlwind and exalted whirlwind are horribly slow. Is this WAI ? I mean .. its bad bad.
  6. Falkor

New VIP Loyalty Reward Plan ... Thoughts ?

https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-vip-loyalty-reward-program Will this encourage you to resubscribe? Or be a new subscriber? or is this meh-sauce? The description isn't clear if you get to keep your vip sparkles and cloud mount if you turn VIP off. Could a dev clarify what happens there? Cloud...
  7. Falkor

Turn Based Mode is Awesome! + Some Requests to Improve It.

During my last login, I got to experience turn based DDO. I really appreciate the slower base of this mode and hope it becomes a regular feature. Between turns I get to drink coffee, go on walks, make dinner, and contemplate the greater mysteries of life and how cheese is made. Having the...
  8. Falkor

How to Not Bug the New Quests

Two of the new quests bug easily. This is how I've managed to keep them from bugging. This idea is predicated on the theory that DDOs script causes bugs when it doesn't properly execute in an intended order. In This Old Haunt, the way to keep it from bugging is : Make sure to clear the bottom...
  9. Falkor

Orchid Blossom WAI ?

After the reboot yesterday my orchid blossom is suddenly doing significantly less damage. And what is weirder is that there are two procs happening. A small one with a small amount of damage. And a second one that mobs are immune too. Until yesterdays reboot, there was no second proc showing...
  10. Falkor

Anna are you Ok? Are you ok Anna? *Bugs in Abandoned Temple?*

Am I the only one who has issues with this quest bugging? Anna has a high frequency chance of bugging out in Abandoned Temple. I usually have to run this quest multiple times to have a successful completion. It seems that she bugs due to pathing and script issues. In the first room where she...
  11. Falkor

Slayer Pot Timer ... Supposed to Stop When Outside of Slayer Areas ... ?

I'm admittedly not a huge user of XP pots and slayer pots. I've had XP pots timing down while on ships and outside of quests. And yesterday had a slayer pot timing, ticking down, while inside of a raid. Aren't slayer pots only supposed to tick-down when inside of slayer areas? Not inside of...
  12. Falkor

Is there anything in the next update you are looking forward to? What is your opinion of these changes? What concerns?

For myself, I'm looking forward to the AOE arrows. The new archetype looks interesting. That's it. I think the rest are detrimental changes. Are there any changes in this update you are forward too? I'm not seeing them. Perhaps you are? What are your thoughts / opinions / impressions about...
  13. Falkor

Producer's Letter and 2024 - Thank you!

Thank you for sharing your vision with us. I'm intrigued by what you have in mind for this year and going forward. Closing down hardcore for the year is interesting. I'd assume for redirecting resources to these new type of events. Hopefully hardcore returns next year. It's a format I really...
  14. Falkor

Will there be a producers letter for this year?

Seems like something that would already have been prepared and released. SSG would benefit from improving its communication and information for customers. For me, the on going lack of communication doesn't inspire trust or confidence. The end result being less sales. Seems fiscally responsible...
  15. Falkor

A New Weekend Bonus : Double Raid Tokens

Combine it with a raid bypass timer sale in the ddo store. Make money and make players happy.
  16. Falkor

Are the cursed 'fortune' bonuses to stats working for you? Is there some hidden gotcha about them?

I have two different items with fortune bonuses to stats. One is a +6 to strength on a level 8 item. The other is a +1 Fortune to all abilities on a level 13 item. Neither one works. At all. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. At the time the only stat boosting items I had on were my feywild gear, and...
  17. Falkor

Stormhorns guest pass doesn't work ... Come on SSG ... what's going on with you people?????

Just wasted 150 points to buy a friend a guest pass to stormhorns, and it won't let him in the wilds even though he can see the guest pass buff. All it's doing is taking him to the store. It's stuff like this that makes me never give $$$$$$ to SSG. Not only was it a waste of 150 pts, it's...
  18. Falkor

Smsahing Pumpkins - Bug?

5 stars yet 'kill the shadows' objective is still active and the challenge cannot be completed. is there a particular order to do these objectives to avoid this bug? Not a bug. Just a noob who can't find shadows. They were all hidden in a corner due to bad pathing. :(
  19. Falkor

Arcane Archer bug -> Force Arrow Imbue Not Working

I've got a 1 monk / 13 alch / 6 ranger that uses force imbues from the AA tree as an archer. Yesterday I played for the first time in ages, and the force imbue toggle was actually using poison. I could switch to ice, no problems it worked. Switch back to force arrows, and it didn't work against...