Search results

1. A

Does Assassin have any use outside soloing?

Also, for the OP - you don't have to stealth your way through a dungeon, and then up to a target, to assassinate them. You can absolutely run along unstealthed, jump and stealth in midair, then as you land hit assassinate. As long as something doesn't happen to knock you out of stealth, your...
  2. A

Artificer heroic gear

Medium armour is tricky. As you noted, the good ones you'd probably want from Ravenloft or Sharn are light armour or docents. Crypt raider is ok, and you'll probably outlevel it quickly enough anyways. Same with Wallwatch vs Family. I'd have a look at the new anniversary quests though. It's...
  3. A

Cyborg U66

T5 gets you a second AoE ranged attack which is absolutely critical to ranged builds now, as well as giving +20 ranged power. I wouldn't give that up IMO, considering that HW is 90% focused on bows only and useless to an artificer. Besides, unless you have plenty of past lives, you just...
  4. A

bardbarian supercrit build question

Hate to bump this, but it seems obvious that Bard / Fighter-Dragonlord can achieve the exact same build now, and may be the new and improved Bardbarian. With built-in trance, and some CC from DL on top, it's a pretty mean beast. STR or CHA both work well - if CHA, 11 points in FI gets you...
  5. A

Mary's Damage Lord Build

To be fair, a blind, one-armed character could do just fine 1-20 with FI. It's just that strong. Short sword solves all incorporeal and ooze-related problems for life, and GCS just trivializes 90% of content. Even Strimtom as a joke, levelled a Charisma Ranger using FI, and flew through the...
  6. A

Dwarf Bard Daxe a reasonable possibility?

Haven't tested it yet, but a Bard Warchanter / Fighter Dragonlord could be a good combination to try out here. DL offers tactics boosts (as does dwarf), strike through, a str or cha trance, and tactician iii seems to be based on character level, not fighter level. Plus roar is purely stat and...
  7. A

Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

A lot of comments on SD regarding Assassinate. Remember now that there are *4* trees with skills that use assassinate modifiers, not just Assassinate (Rogue Assassin tree). I'd like to see improvements to *all* of these, giving other classes such as dark Monks, Dark Hunters, and Falconry...
  8. A

Ki Bolt, Magic Missiles, and Ruin Make Muggle Monks Moan

Shows you the state of Monk when the most powerful Monk is to... not be a Monk, lol.
  9. A

Looking for a Ninja Spy build

I used to LOVE Ninja. Straight monk, or ninja/assassin; both were awesome. That was a long time ago, though. Since then I've tried to make Ninja work, and even with the recent fixes to the tree, it still falls flat for the most part. Sadly, Tilo's example of shuri-cannon is probably the most...
  10. A

Is Hardcore Season Hardcore enough?

A blend of all things suggested above is totally possible. Regular HC until R1, then an extra challenge occurs - perhaps drawn randomly from previous HC seasons. Hounds. Mimics. Whatever. At R3+, another batch of challenges gets added. And then maybe R6 or R7+, a third final extra...
  11. A

Strimtom's Hardcore Build Guides, Season 9

His longbow and crazy imbue dice I'd wager *edit* correction, arcane archer build is longbow. Archmage* would be SLAs, draconic breath, ruin, and whatever other evocation you desire from your exhaustive spell list presumably. The new SLAs aren't terrible to carry you to 20.
  12. A

Ninja Spy as archetype?

So as I play through a Ninja Spy monk life, it becomes apparent that even with the recent changes to the enhancement tree, that it's still weak and just simply doesn't work, leaving it sitting firmly at the bottom of the Monk options. However, by making the Ninja Spy an archetype (with the same...
  13. A

U62 Preview 2 Balance Refresh

Please consider a revamp of Monk combos / finishers. That's 4 button presses - each of which does have a cooldown - which has a time frame of approx 4 - 8 sec to complete (longer for the light x 3 or dark x 3, due to CDs). AND then with a saving throw at the end of all of that. 10 years ago...
  14. A

FREE GOLD ROLLS

In the last 6 months, I think I've rolled above a 60... once? maybe twice? If I had a dice jail, the DDO dice would certainly go into it. Or thrown away entirely.
  15. A

How would you buff/rework monks?

A bit late to this party, but there are some really good ideas in this thread, and I'm hoping the devs at least read this at some point. The issue of finishing moves is a strong one, and in an era where casters run around 1-shotting oranges, requiring a set of 4 button presses just to set up a...
  16. A

Getting weaker the higher level you go

Fresh Baked Dreams tower is a murder hole. Always has been on higher difficulties. Best approach is to move up a platform or fight on the stairs; if you stay on the bottom, you just get rained down on and subject to AoEs (including the new champion mob AoEs). Not much you could have done in...
  17. A

Your personal notes and observations of HC season Eight

First ever HC league for me. Got to 18, holding 19, and made a silly mistake and paid for it. Might give 20 a go on an easy build like BC or PM/EK, not sure. Got my footprints though, which was my main goal anyways. Cloak is just a nice extra bonus. Had a lot of fun though! Played CHA...
  18. A

The 8th Season of the Hardcore League begins May 17th!

Or in Invaders Elite.
  19. A

HC8 rewards sneak peak *spoilers inside*

First ever HC run. Very excited. Can't choose between about 4 different builds, which is perfect as I'll probably get to try them all as I continually die :)