AA got double nerf from recent U62 Imbue "Balance" adjustments :(

Buddha5440

Hadn't played my AA for a while and was only expecting a minimal drop in damage since the AA Imbues were only supposed to go from d8 and 100% SP to d8 and 75% SP. To my dismay, I found out they actually went down to D6 and 75% SP!!! It even mentions the die change in the descriptions now.

I actually tested this by making a new lv 4 Ranger AA (so I didn't have to worry about resetting trees or SP). So I tested with over 100 shots and 5 SP Soley from the implement bonus to all bows from AA and never got damage above 6 with well over 100 shots... :(

giphy.gif

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
You think AA got it bad? Pure Fighter completely lost sentient procs. Playing a TWF build, I lost 16d6 per swing! No imbues for us =(

Tilomere

Are you sure its not 75% * (1d8) and 100% SP scaling? It's about-ish the same. You could just use shurikens and raw crit for a couple hundred k.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
5 spellpower isn't enough to give you +1 dmg with 100% scaling. Depending on how their rounding works, then even 10 spellpower might not be enough, even with 100% scaling. Please test with more spellpower.

Tilomere

I think they had to reduce the front number, because if they reduced the scaling, then the ability would only carry 75% of the users spell power, which will impact any other spell power scaling tied to that arrow, like EA mantle. Although TBH, considering AA as a whole, I'm not sure they had to reduce that number at all. Heh.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Hadn't played my AA for a while and was only expecting a minimal drop in damage since the AA Imbues were only supposed to go from d8 and 100% SP to d8 and 75% SP. To my dismay, I found out they actually went down to D6 and 75% SP!!! It even mentions the die change in the descriptions now.
For clarity, your AA imbue should be dealing 1d6 damage, scaling with 100% spell power. If you are seeing a tooltip that says otherwise, let me know where and I can fix it! :)

Last edited:

droid327

I think they had to reduce the front number, because if they reduced the scaling, then the ability would only carry 75% of the users spell power, which will impact any other spell power scaling tied to that arrow, like EA mantle. Although TBH, considering AA as a whole, I'm not sure they had to reduce that number at all. Heh.

It actually works out pretty much the same either way - 1d8 75% vs 1d6 100% can be approximated as 4.5 (0.75x+1) and 3.5(x+1), and if you expand that all out, it reduces down to 3.375x+4.5 and 3.5x+3.5...which are very similar expressions for all realistic values of x

I really dont see what the point of changing the scaling was, except just aesthetically to make everything work off d6s

Last edited: