Update 63 Preview 1: Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Lamannia Update 63 Preview 1

Welcome to our first preview of Update 63! This preview opens at 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Tuesday, October 17th and continues until 3:00 PM Eastern on Thursday, October 19th.

Of Special Note:
  • Get ready for a special, time-limited event debuting with Update 63! The entire community will be challenged to work together to unlock these quests. More details will come as we get closer to the U63 launch at the end of the month!
  • New Quests NOTE: These quests are currently only accessible to VIPs. These quests are intended to be free to everyone, and we'll have more information about a new build deployment later.
    • This Lamannia contains previews of four new quests - "Pilgrims' Peril," "Stolen Power," "Horde of the Illithid Controller," and "Astral Ambush."
    • To access them, speak to The Questgiver in the Test Dojo.
  • New Named Loot
    • There are twelve new named items in U63! These drop from the four new quests, and can be found in the Test Dojo.
  • The Deck of Many Curses
    • This Lamannia contains a preview of a new item: The Deck of Many Curses! Collect cards to make Decks, and then use those decks to apply mysterious Curses to your equipment! To obtain Cards and try out the Deck of Many Curses, visit the Test Dojo.
Bug Fixes:
  • Wrack Construct in Battle Engineer now correctly does 10/20/30% damage.
  • Fixed a typo in Blight Wolf's tooltip.
  • Fixed a typo in the capstone of Eldritch Knight (both Sorc and Wiz).
  • Fixed a few material type issues on weapons (aka every weapon in Morgrave University is no longer made out of Bone!)
  • New copies of Vinelasher Bracers and Legendary Vinelasher Bracers have a correctly scaling Improved Deception effect.
  • The scaling version of Improved Deception now correctly boosts your Bluff and not your Hide skill.
  • The Dinosaur Bone greatsword has done a little bit of a flippy flip and now faces the correct direction!
  • The secret chests from Vecna Unleashed no longer give you a Fire Elemental Essence as a nice little gift.
  • Several icons have been corrected in Blightcaster.
  • Corrected an icon in Primal Avatar.
  • You can now break breakables while under the effects of Fiendish Symbiosis.
  • Shadowdancer Core 4 now works correctly with Trap the Soul.
  • Fixing apothecary new t4 to reduce spell costs correctly.
  • Fixing tooltip in falconry (tier 2 of sprint boost was wrong % text-wise).
  • Light and Dark is now correctly 3 rank.
  • Holy Smite/Chaos Hammer/Unholy Blight/Order's Wrath from divine disciple upgrade now works on mephits.
  • The buffs from the Flasks of Icy Coffee are now dispelled via Rest.
  • The first core of divine disciple's dark side no longer locks out core 20 capstones.
  • Fixed typo in avenging cleave.
  • Removed feat descriptions from Kotc.
  • Holy Retribution now properly scales with melee/ranged power, and the ranged version now correctly restores Smite Evil charges.
  • Dusk Surge in Legendary Dreadnought now properly restores Action Boosts with ranged weapons.
  • Ear Smash is now 10/20/30% damage scalar.
  • Fixed typos on buff bar buffs from LD.
  • Items with Disease Guards will now more reliably drop with those Disease Guards correctly attached to the item.
Engineering:
  • Doubleshot now properly factors in all on-crit effects to multiply their damage values.
Known issues.
  • The quest "astral ambush" has an issue where a quest objective won't check off.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Holy Smite/Chaos Hammer/Unholy Blight/Order's Wrath from divine disciple upgrade now works on mephits.
All those fixes made it to lam fast. Just popped into a quest to test this, was nice to finally kill them with smite. haha

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Lamannia Update 63 Preview 1

Welcome to our first preview of Update 63! This preview opens at 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Tuesday, October 17th and continues until 3:00 PM Eastern on Thursday, October 19th.

Of Special Note:
  • Get ready for a special, time-limited event debuting with Update 63! The entire community will be challenged to work together to unlock these quests. More details will come as we get closer to the U63 launch at the end of the month!
Well! This certainly sounds interesting.

I don't think DDO's had an event of this magnitude since the Devil Invasion, and that was nearly a decade ago. Very excited to see how this one plays out.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
My arti imbue is back down to 1d6 100% instead of 1d8 at 75% scaling.

imbue_broke.jpg

other imbues went to 1d6 too (didn't keep checking others)
curse.jpg

imbue_broke_2.jpg

Last edited:

Cordovan

Community Manager
Sadly, we've discovered a bug that prevents accounts which are not VIP from being able to access the new quests. We are working on getting a new build deployed, and we'll have more information about its timing later. These quests are intended to be free to everyone. Sorry about that!

CBDunk

48 hours? Starting three minutes before the announcement? Revising my plans for tomorrow. More time and/or advanced warning for these would make it easier to participate / provide feedback.

Get ready for a special, time-limited event debuting with Update 63! The entire community will be challenged to work together to unlock these quests. More details will come as we get closer to the U63 launch at the end of the month!

Sounds very promising. Looking forward to details and the actual event.

New Quests NOTE: These quests are currently only accessible to VIPs. These quests are intended to be free to everyone, and we'll have more information about a new build deployment later.
  • This Lamannia contains previews of four new quests - "Pilgrims' Peril," "Stolen Power," "Horde of the Illithid Controller," and "Astral Ambush."
  • To access them, speak to The Questgiver in the Test Dojo.

I'm assuming these are the 'extreme challenge' quests which will be unlocked by the event above and drop the cards for the Deck of Many Curses in addition to the twelve new named items.

The Deck of Many Curses
  • This Lamannia contains a preview of a new item: The Deck of Many Curses! Collect cards to make Decks, and then use those decks to apply mysterious Curses to your equipment! To obtain Cards and try out the Deck of Many Curses, visit the Test Dojo.

Lots of good stuff here. Still working out the details (e.g. do the curse effects scale based on the minimum level of the item cursed?). May be an issue if the curses cannot be removed / replaced and especially if some of the curses have downsides.

As someone who missed the original game-wide events in days of yore, I'm very excited about the community event. Just hope it will not overlap with an event (like Night revels), because lags are scary. Otherwise looking forward to it!

wdhvenrick

This is intended! In fact, I had genuinely thought this change went out in U62.1 - egg on my face for not following up on the internal end, I suppose. All 1d8 75% imbues have indeed been set to 1d6 100%.
Now im confused, i thought that last update was supposed to make all spell imbues 1d8, 75%. But now it's intended for them to be 1d6 100%?

Svirfneblin

If this is in fact a community event, I'm very excited. I like those a lot. Did many in Ultima Online, it was a hoot.

I'd still like to see the Undead break thru the gate in Delara's Graveyard and burst into House Jorasco, looking to feed on the living. Marching towards the Marketplace. With Liches in charge. Drop a few shrines in the area for, well, you know.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Of Special Note:
  • Get ready for a special, time-limited event debuting with Update 63! The entire community will be challenged to work together to unlock these quests.
Will this event also be present on future hardcore servers too, or will U63 quest content be automatically unlocked on hardcore?

Aggy

The deck of many curses is an interesting new mechanic with results ranging from awesome to funny to a bit mean. I only tried one set of items that were on me so far.
Effects I found were:
  • +6 str while having a boost going (didn't seem to work or maybe didn't stack propoerly? Had death frenzy going, so perhaps there is an issue with that or rage or whatever)
  • +2 stacking intelligence (nice, hope all stats are there)
  • True seeing and spot bonus (nice!)
  • +2 MRR
  • +1 reflex save
  • +5 PRR
  • item now worth 10.000 sentient xp (that made me chuckle)
  • item has set removed and new cursed deck set applied (this might be rage quit inducing, but also has me wondering if there is a real set? How many items does the set need and what is the bonus? Looking forward to find out)
In any case it is a fun way to improve your items, gives us a reason to farm for more loot and is risky enough to be exciting.

Last edited:

Cordovan

Community Manager
We are bringing Lamannia down for a bit so we can deploy an updated build which will allow non-VIPs to access the new Update 63 quests. There is a separate bug we'll get sorted in the future that requires characters to be at least level 30 to access these new quests, but thanks to the Test Dojo that should be possible for anyone for this specific preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.