Account wide achievements

Top Hat

I think a good change for DDO would be account wide achievements. I know this is a polarizing topic and many have very strong opinions. I think going to a system where your account shares things like past lives and reaper points would be a good thing. It would make alting better. There is a lot of players that have 1 really good chacter and maybe a handful of chacters that are not very good. This would help that. All your alts would be about the same power level. Another thing this would help is make builds that may not be very good suddenly playable. Alot of people do not like monk for instance but someone with a lot of past lives and reaper points makes a pretty playable monk, just as an example. This thread is not designed for people to argue just a thought proceas.

Eoin

How would you handle the HC server? If you disable the account wide achievements on the HC server, do the PLs and RXP earned during HC transfer out of it (adding to the account totals)?

It definitely would be nice for building out alts.

jotmon

Maxxing plat on all 50 toons on the account.
-A bling cosmetic Leprechaun hat and a Pot of gold cosmetic pet.
saint-patricks-day-pot-of-gold-cartoon-clipart-vector-44726402.png

Fill every storage slot on all toons on players account with non stackable items for a hoarder cosmetic outfit.
Skyrim1-5f47abc1c8fe5__880.png

Top Hat

How would you handle the HC server? If you disable the account wide achievements on the HC server, do the PLs and RXP earned during HC transfer out of it (adding to the account totals)?

It definitely would be nice for building out alts.
I envision it as a server specific thing. So you would have to start over on another server. I'd definitely be open to the main servers being the same but IMO a different server should be a fresh start.

Chai

If they wanted to generate p2w revenue off it they'd sell you a token for some inane amount of points that would give one character the same PLs and reaper points as your main character. Your alt has to turn it into an NPC in the hall of heroes to attain the power. Then don't put the turn in NPC on the HC server.

erousted8

If they wanted to generate p2w revenue off it they'd sell you a token for some inane amount of points that would give one character the same PLs and reaper points as your main character. Your alt has to turn it into an NPC in the hall of heroes to attain the power. Then don't put the turn in NPC on the HC server.

People would buy this.

Top Hat

I don't hate that idea. I don't know that I would call it pay to win, more pay to skip. Same way I think of Ottos boxes.

droid327

The problem with shared past lives is people doing all their lives on first life burner alts for the 1/3 xp curve

mikarddo

I think a good change for DDO would be account wide achievements. I know this is a polarizing topic and many have very strong opinions. I think going to a system where your account shares things like past lives and reaper points would be a good thing. It would make alting better. There is a lot of players that have 1 really good chacter and maybe a handful of chacters that are not very good. This would help that. All your alts would be about the same power level. Another thing this would help is make builds that may not be very good suddenly playable. Alot of people do not like monk for instance but someone with a lot of past lives and reaper points makes a pretty playable monk, just as an example. This thread is not designed for people to argue just a thought proceas.

Going 100% would be bad for the game imho. For those that play (and often pay) a lot it would be far too easy and leave them with little/less to do.

You do have a point though that alts are in a fairly bad place for most players - but you need to balance that with a need to actually play the game on the alts as well.

My suggestion would be:
- When any character with atleast 5 prior heroic + racial past lives earns a heroic or racial past live, any other character on the same account on the same server that has fewer than 20 heroic + racial past lives also earns that past live (if they have room for it).
- When a character earns reaper xp all other characters on the same server on the same account gains 1/10 of the earned xp.

This way you can add 20 heroic/racial past lives (but no epic or iconic) and quite a lot of racial xp on new alts before we start playing them - which is plenty to become "playable" - but you still need to actually play those alts.
Moneywise one could argue that SSG will miss out on earnings from giving lives and rxp away for free - but the sales in tomes, storage etc for more alts as well as further sales from playing them for more past lives, and just continuing to play due to having more viable alts, should more than counter that - all imho.

Dman1970

Monks can be solid at first life it you take the time to make them decently and then they just get better with reaper points
and past lives.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Personally it would destroy my fun because I have a unique relationship to all of my characters and that depends on how they are shaped with PLs, too. But I guess that is a niche reason.

Pro: It would help alts in power gaining. More flexible grouping might be possible. More than one account might be beneficial for looting purposes.
Con: It would help alts in power gaining. But! I fear that a lot of players that have reached all there is to reach - and that group is not small - would stop playing. And if we are being honest, this game boils down to grinding. And you would negate lots of it.

If something like this is implemented we need a shift in the concept of motivation. I don't see that coming.

And yes, it is possible to build every class viable for every content and difficulty in this game on a first life.

Cheers,
Titus

Shear-buckler

Con: It would help alts in power gaining. But! I fear that a lot of players that have reached all there is to reach - and that group is not small - would stop playing. And if we are being honest, this game boils down to grinding. And you would negate lots of it.

I think that group is very small tbh. Also, don't make reaper points shared so that you still have individual grinds left at the "endgame". That would make sure there is still plenty of motivation to keep playing.